Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
LOL at "ReginKarlssonLehner" suddenly becoming a huge Filatov defender the moment he gets traded to Ottawa.

I was always a huge Filatov fan.

but if you honestly cant see the difference between these two then...:help:

This isn't the argument, there is a huge difference in their play, you are trying to twist my words around. I was arguing high-end skill only.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
While I agree with you about strength on the puck being incredibly important for an NHLer, I totally disagree with using Kane as an example of someone who ISN'T strong on the puck.

I agree that Kane is deceptively strong on the puck -- I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't. My choice of Toews over Kane in a 1-1 is not a knock on Kane, but rather a large compliment to how strong Toews is on the rush driving to the net.

Thanks for the Babcock link, though...

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
This isn't the argument, there is a huge difference in their play, you are trying to twist my words around. I was arguing high-end skill only.

I think the crux of our argument is centering around the phrase "high-end skill", which IMO, doesn't necessarily *just* mean skating and a flashy stick. Guys like Datsyuk, Toews, Crosby, Kessler and Ovie have proven that players who truly yield high-end skill should be able to use it in other facets of their game -- skills should compliment a player, not define them.

"Intangibles" has become an all-encompassing word for sense, drive/ethic, defensive stick, leadership, etc...those skills matter as much or more than stick work. That's why, IMO, "high-end skill" encompasses more than just skating, shooting, and stick-work.

A player with high-end stick work should be able to maneuver the puck not only around defenders, but also away from the opposition. A +skater should be able to utilize his speed around all areas of the ice to truly deserve the term "high-end".

Maybe I'm completely off base

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think the crux of our argument is centering around the phrase "high-end skill", which IMO, doesn't necessarily *just* mean skating and a flashy stick. Guys like Datsyuk, Toews, Crosby, Kessler and Ovie have proven that players who truly yield high-end skill should be able to use it in other facets of their game -- skills should compliment a player, not define them.

"Intangibles" has become an all-encompassing word for sense, drive/ethic, defensive stick, leadership, etc...those skills matter as much or more than stick work. That's why, IMO, "high-end skill" encompasses more than just skating, shooting, and stick-work.

A player with high-end stick work should be able to maneuver the puck not only around defenders, but also away from the opposition. A +skater should be able to utilize his speed around all areas of the ice to truly deserve the term "high-end".

Maybe I'm completely off base

Some good points and I understand where you are getting at I was basically referring to just pure skill that's way.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Tarasenko isn't signed yet but even if he remains unsigned 2 years after his draft, Russians don't re-enter the draft like the other Euro draftees do since there is no transfer agreement in place with the Russian Federation. Until/unless they come to a transfer agreement, the NHL has determined that as far as the NHL rights for these players go, teams hold the rights of players drafted out of Russia in perpetuity.

That makes sense. Thanks.

I think it might be a good year to not sign if you're a high end prospect due to the major cap increase expected as a result of the new TV deal.

pouskin74*

Tarasenko shows his leadership skills against Salavat Yulayev with an hattrick! :handclap:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kuznetsov vs Tarasenko is going to be hot. Evgeniy scored double yesterday, and Vladimir scored hatty today. And Sibir beat Salavat Yulaev, a cup holder btw...

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Kuznetsov vs Tarasenko is going to be hot. Evgeniy scored double yesterday, and Vladimir scored hatty today. And Sibir beat Salavat Yulaev, a cup holder btw...

That second goal was incredible. Amazing hands.

Did Radulov play for SY?

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Is it 100% sure he is coming to NA next year or is he likely to sign another KHL contract?

It's not a 100% he seems to want to come play next season. As a Blues fan I really hope he comes over next season.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
How is he still available in your keeper league?

Not a very deep one. 12 teams w rosters of 27 players each. Most people decided to only have 1-2 prospects and both Granlund and Tarasenko were unpicked.

Safe to say they are my targets for rounds 1-2 next season.

TheBakester66

Jun 11, 2009
St. Louis, MO, USA
Not a very deep one. 12 teams w rosters of 27 players each. Most people decided to only have 1-2 prospects and both Granlund and Tarasenko were unpicked.

Safe to say they are my targets for rounds 1-2 next season.

European prospects do sometimes sit in house leagues. But all it takes is one guy to swoop those guys off the board. We only have 4 rookie slots, but i took tarasenko in 2008, and Granlund went to someone else in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->