Value of: Vladimir Tarasenko

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
Tarasenko has two more years in his 7 500 000 contract. St. Louis can win without him and have some cap struggles. What is his value after problems with shoulder?

Last edited:

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
first of all, it’s St. Louis*

second of all, “st louise can win without him”... 3-6-1 in their last 10.

regardless of how healthy Vlady is, the Blues need 91 back dearly.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
He’s now had three surgeries on the same shoulder right? Hell of a player but that would scare the hell out of me if I were to acquire him. I will say if they do move him he is in that sweet spot of his contract that an acquiring team could move on if the shoulder injuries persists more easily.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

37-17-7 without him last year.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Would be tough for them to trade him because they probably wouldn't get anywhere near what they should better to keep him and hope he stays healthy....

Reactions: banks

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Tarasenko has two more years in his 7 500 000 contract. St. Louise can win without him and have some cap struggles. What is his value after problems with shoulder?

Did you misspell the teams name for a reason? The fact he is injured, value is not high right how

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
37-17-7 without him last year.

He was about their 5th best player in the cup run and they wouldn't have won without him. What the blues lack most is timely scoring and he's their best avenue to fixing that. He scores .44 goals / game in the playoffs; whatever the Blues get back in return won't have the same proven playoff track record as Tarasenko. The Blues also have the 28th ranked power play and it's already cost them several games. Tarasenko is, again, their best chance of sustainably fixing this problem.

Even without the injury concerns he's more valuable to the Blues than anyone else; with his health concerns the Blues would be selling a great player at his lowest point of value.

Overall there is no reason for the Blues to trade Tarasenko if they're trying to compete, which they obviously are. If, for some reason, the Blues decided to blow it up then a healthy Tarasenko would probably fetch 2 firsts and a veteran player who makes the cap work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unbiased Fan

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I wouldn’t touch him on that cap hit, its a shame he’s been so injured but that many surgeries on the shoulder for a sniper? Good f’ing luck.

Vlad was a stud when he was healthy though, that shot was something. We’ll see how it looks now.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I mean, before he has any value whatsoever, he needs to actually get healthy. If you're asking his value right now? Abysmal.

If youre asking about if/when he returns, I think a lot of teams pay a premium for goal scoring so he could definitely return a haul.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
I love the comment cap struggles, humor me, what cap struggles or is this the like the so called "internal cap" BS that was tossed around years ago. I also love that for a team that is struggling to score you suggest trading one of the only remaining offensive threats at a time where you are going to get a big fat NOTHING for him. After two surgeries he scored 10 points in 10 games which is above his normal points per game pace, so I would expect him to be around his points per game pace after the issues he had were corrected with this surgery.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If we jettison some cap garbage this off-season, I'd be intrigued.

Current market can't be good though, even for a player of his calibre. Be prepared for a lot of bottom of the barrel offers.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I wouldn’t touch him on that cap hit, its a shame he’s been so injured but that many surgeries on the shoulder for a sniper? Good f’ing luck.

Vlad was a stud when he was healthy though, that shot was something. We’ll see how it looks now.
Yeah cause 35 + goal and 75 point players have a better cap hit than 7.5 mil lol

Reactions: unitedstars87

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
When healthy, a special player in this league. Cap hit at $7.5 mil when healthy is still a steal IMO. Injuries are a sucky part of sports, hope he heals up and moves past these injuries but nobody knows.

Reactions: banks

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I love the comment cap struggles, humor me, what cap struggles or is this the like the so called "internal cap" BS that was tossed around years ago. I also love that for a team that is struggling to score you suggest trading one of the only remaining offensive threats at a time where you are going to get a big fat NOTHING for him. After two surgeries he scored 10 points in 10 games which is above his normal points per game pace, so I would expect him to be around his points per game pace after the issues he had were corrected with this surgery.

The Blues are a cap team. it's not an 'internal' cap this person is referring to, its the league salary cap.

that being said, RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't expect the return to be anything near worth trading him. not sure why this is coming up now anyways. With all the injuries on the Blues roster, there's enough space for him to be activated this year.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Yeah I wouldn’t expect that production from him anymore, hence the hesitation with the cap hit.

You’re gonna be very disappointed if you think he’s just gonna magically start pumping out 35 goal 75 point seasons after multiple shoulder surgeries.

yeah, I think that point was missed. it's not that 7.5 is outrageous for Tarasenko (healthy) but RIGHT NOW... notsomuch

here's hoping he does get back to healthy tho. fun player to watch, and the blues need him

Reactions: HawksDub89

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Buddy is a one trick pony, and that trick left town

it’s over

It’s demented

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He is worth the potential of return to form, a significant value, less ongoing risk [for a relatively short 2 yr period] that even if there is no internal regression, one more bad hit in the wrong spot, and while preferable to a concussion, is still a signif injury.

If the return is not a similar player, and is not futures, value is adjusted by what that return is compared to the Tara barometer.

Rangers keep their bluest blue chips so as to manage their own down the road cap issues, instead offering:

Buch full pop 3.25 expiring end of rfa
Deangelo 4.8 at half = 2.4
total cap is 5.65 = instant 2.1 cap relief to St.L
plus conditional 2024 and 2025 4ths both of which can upgrade to 2nds depending on:
what happens w/Deangelo
what happens w/Tara

something like that

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He is worth the potential of return to form, a significant value, less ongoing risk [for a relatively short 2 yr period] that even if there is no internal regression, one more bad hit in the wrong spot, and while preferable to a concussion, is still a signif injury.

If the return is not a similar player, and is not futures, value is adjusted by what that return is compared to the Tara barometer.

Rangers keep their bluest blue chips so as to manage their own down the road cap issues, instead offering:

Buch full pop 3.25 expiring end of rfa
Deangelo 4.8 at half = 2.4
total cap is 5.65 = instant 2.1 cap relief to St.L
plus conditional 2024 and 2025 4ths both of which can upgrade to 2nds depending on:
what happens w/Deangelo
what happens w/Tara

something like that

DeAngelo is another offensive Dman - See Dunn, Krug..... No need for him. Buch is interesting and playing 19 minutes a night for the Rangers. But this really doesn't do much for the Blues.

I think DeAngelo at this point is a dump. And the picks are a joke - not sure why you bothered with them.

I don't see a reason to sell him low. We have time on our side and he returns to form great.

Reactions: bernmeister

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Scorchingly awful take. Blues have lost 7 regulars to injury the last 6 games. That’s not including the guys already on ir. Having 91 healthy definitely helps. But him being hurt right now isn’t anywhere near the issue at hand. You can only have so much depth

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->