Proposal: Vladimir Tarasenko to MTL

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Jesus that was such a good post until the last paragraph, i would cry my eyeball out if a deal around suzuki for muzzin or brook + poehling + 1st for brodin would happen.

I'm saying comparatively; I don't actually want to do either of those trades --- just saying those are Bergevin style moves that would actually pan out value wise if we decided to move those assets.

I don't see a reason to trade for anybody right now; stay the course and use this years 1st rounder to draft an LD, use both our 2nds for wingers.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
And he showed the lot of them the door. Last I checked Julien is still bench boss and Bergevin won’t give up assets for a player Julien won’t want.

I just don’t see it.

True. It's just that somehow all those Russians leaving coincided with the coaching change, not Bergevin's appointment. But I agree, it's unlikely and most probably very dumb considering our organizational needs that we would acquire Tarasenko.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Are you referring to Tarasenko here? I am not aware of any "conditioning concerns" in regards to Vladimir Tarasenko.
If you've watched the Blues play the last couple seasons you'd either have 'conditioning concerns' or the aptly named "Tank" has been playing sick/injured a lot. He only bends his knees every 3rd game he plays.

Relating to OP, if real life was easy like a video game, I would move Tarasenko and Allen to MTL for Price, even if I had to throw in a draft pick or two to seal the deal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't see how Montreal trades for him while keeping together the pieces they want to keep.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Tarasenko would be nice, but rarely are traids made that both team fan bases like.

And this is the case in real life scenarios.

Look att he returns of some of the big name trades recently and you will see. Matt Duchesne not withstanding.

Blues trade Tarasenko they will probably get a roster player, a prospect and a 1st round pick.

Think: Armia, Poeling and a 1st + maybe a lesser prospect like say Ikonen from Habs perspective.
Something similar from other teams.

Max Pac returned Tatar, Suzuki and a 2nd.
So switching the 2nd to a 1st and adding a little something extra is probably what you could expect for Tarasenko.

Blues fans will flame the habs fans, but in reality that's roughly what Blues should expect.

I mean look at the return for Skinner??

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Tarasenko would be nice, but rarely are traids made that both team fan bases like.

And this is the case in real life scenarios.

Look att he returns of some of the big name trades recently and you will see. Matt Duchesne not withstanding.

Blues trade Tarasenko they will probably get a roster player, a prospect and a 1st round pick.

Think: Armia, Poeling and a 1st + maybe a lesser prospect like say Ikonen from Habs perspective.
Something similar from other teams.

Max Pac returned Tatar, Suzuki and a 2nd.
So switching the 2nd to a 1st and adding a little something extra is probably what you could expect for Tarasenko.

Blues fans will flame the habs fans, but in reality that's roughly what Blues should expect.

I mean look at the return for Skinner??

It's almost like contract situations have a big impact on returns. Now go ahead and compare contracts of all the players you listed.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Montreal just needs to stay the course that they're on... they're nowhere near good enough to go deep in playoffs and shouldn't unload the picks or prospects it would take to get Tarasenko

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
If the Habs trade a valuable package it should be for a top 4 LHD or top 2 center. Tarasenko , as skilled as he is and would be fun to watch in Mtl , is a winger and we're stocked with them. Sure none of them is a good as Tarasenko but my point if if the Habs intend to gut the farm for a player it should be for one who plays a position of need. That's center and left D for Montreal.

I'd rather try to target a guy like Parayko or Schenn if STL is serious about a firesale

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
Probably something around Drouin.

I think Armstrong showed interested in JD while playing in Tampa.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Probably something around Drouin.

I think Armstrong showed interested in JD while playing in Tampa.

There were a few reports stating that a deal around Shattenkirk for Hall and Shattenkirk for Drouin were agreed upon but Shattenkirk would not sign long term with either team so they fell through. I just am not sure the swap at this point in time makes a lot of sense for the Blues, nor do I think trading Tarasenko does as we are fairly weak on the right side up front.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Well it appears Montreal fans can't decide among themselves so it's actually pointless even attempting to provide a Blues point of you & as for that Pizza fella words fail me .....

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Last thing we should be doing is trading premium assets for a winger. Tank is great, but not the piece we need.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
yeah trade makes sense. habs finally accumulate the assets they need to retool..so guess what ? let's trade the prospect we got for pacioretty to acquire another winger..and then let's deal brook! our first potential elite dmen, since we dealt away the likes of sergachev and subban. and moving primeau is a no go imo.
tarasenko is terrific, but not at expense of what habs can afford

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Only makes sense to trade for Tank if we can use that as leverage to sign Panarin as well. They are best buds.

Alzner would have to be involved in the deal cap wise; and for it to entice the Blues it would need to include Brook and two firsts at least. I don't see why they'd necessarily want Poehling or Suzuki (They have Thomas and Kyrou for that exact position).

Habs don't do it in any world they need to send back one of their current top 6 forwards as it is; so the best offer the Habs could put together would be Brook, 2019 + 2020 1sts, Alzner and Ikonen for Tarasenko and J.Bouw.

At that price, I'd be genuinely baffled if the Rangers or Blue Jackets didn't outbid them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->