Proposal: Vladimir Tarasenko to MTL

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I was under the impression after quickly seeing Radulov, Markov, Galchenyuk etc shown the door in rapid succession that Bergevin isn’t exactly fond of the Russians
I know but he did draft a Russian prospect Alexander Romanov 38th overall. I don’t think he’s biased against Russian players, I just think he wanted to rebuild our core. Obviously he should’ve kept Markov and Radulov but the Galchenyuk trade was a good move.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I was under the impression after quickly seeing Radulov, Markov, Galchenyuk, Sergechev, Nesterov, Scherbak etc shown the door in rapid succession that Bergevin isn’t exactly fond of the Russians

He was responsible for acquiring many of those Russians. It was Julien's arrival that suddenly got all those players leave.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I know but he did draft a Russian prospect Alexander Romanov 38th overall. I don’t think he’s biased against Russian players, I just think he wanted to rebuild our core. Obviously he should’ve kept Markov and Radulov but the Galchenyuk trade was a good move.

I agree with the culture change and I doubt he’d feel a Russian with conditioning concerns would be a right add for the team. I see Montreal as the least likely destination for a number of reasons including cost and positional need LD being a much greater need. No chance Montreal ponies up big assets for a winger

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He was responsible for acquiring many of those Russians. It was Julien's arrival that suddenly got all those players leave.

And he showed the lot of them the door. Last I checked Julien is still bench boss and Bergevin won’t give up assets for a player Julien won’t want.

I just don’t see it.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Tarasenko is one of a very small list of guys I'd consider moving off the stance of not parting with anything from the prospect pool, but the cost would be astronomical. A 40 goal scorer on a favourable contract for another 4 years and 27 years old gets a huge return. We'd be in a position to not have to send salary back, so it would depend on what the Blues are looking to do. Is it a retool, or a blow up?

If we're talking prospects and picks as the basis, you have to start with Suzuki(c/rw). He's our best scoring prospect, and could be a 30-40 goal player in his own right. He'd fit in with Thomas and Kyrou. What's the biggest organizational need? Josh Brook (rhd) is a second round pick playing more and more like he should have been a first. What looked like a potential after thought as a 7th round pick, Cayden Primeau is one of the best goalies in the NCAA.

2019 1st
Nick Suzuki
Josh Brook
Cayden Primeau

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Tarasenko is one of a very small list of guys I'd consider moving off the stance of not parting with anything from the prospect pool, but the cost would be astronomical. A 40 goal scorer on a favourable contract for another 4 years and 27 years old gets a huge return. We'd be in a position to not have to send salary back, so it would depend on what the Blues are looking to do. Is it a retool, or a blow up?

If we're talking prospects and picks as the basis, you have to start with Suzuki(c/rw). He's our best scoring prospect, and could be a 30-40 goal player in his own right. He'd fit in with Thomas and Kyrou. What's the biggest organizational need? Josh Brook (rhd) is a second round pick playing more and more like he should have been a first. What looked like a potential after thought as a 7th round pick, Cayden Primeau is one of the best goalies in the NCAA.

2019 1st
Nick Suzuki
Josh Brook
Cayden Primeau

Yes, giving us the best prospect at forward, d, and goal plus a first is ever a good idea. This hurts more than it benefits.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yes, giving us the best prospect at forward, d, and goal plus a first is ever a good idea. This hurts more than it benefits.

I'm going to be honest with you, that really doesn't soften the blow of losing Tarasenko for the Blues either. It's really not appealing at all.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'm going to be honest with you, that really doesn't soften the blow of losing Tarasenko for the Blues either. It's really not appealing at all.

Fair enough, Blues likely will be a competitive team in a couple years once Thomas and them hit their stride, I can see why it wouldn't merry the Blues needs.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Tarasenko isn't being traded. These are simply bait to shake up the team.

Tarasenko is currently the face of their franchise literally just turned 27, locked for his entire peak years and barely any declining ones if any... and sells a bunch of jerseys.

but yes the offer above is probably what it would take.
1st
suzuki/poehling
brook/Fleury
primeau

it's not a package i'd be willing to trade even if it's what it takes, the quantity of quality in that package, is what might make Montreal a Balanced competitive team even if the chances of any of these guys becoming a better overall player than tarasenko is slim to none.

Reactions: simon IC

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Tarasenko would be great with us, but we're not really at that point of our retool yet to be trading our best young assets for a push.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I agree with the culture change and I doubt he’d feel a Russian with conditioning concerns would be a right add for the team. I see Montreal as the least likely destination for a number of reasons including cost and positional need LD being a much greater need. No chance Montreal ponies up big assets for a winger
Are you referring to Tarasenko here? I am not aware of any "conditioning concerns" in regards to Vladimir Tarasenko.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

I'm not saying I'd do it. It would take an offer that steep though. We got Suzuki, an effective roster player to balance some of the cap implications, and a second in 2019 for Pacioretty. Getting Tarasenko will cost more than that.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
At this point in time we should steal another Petry, we need much what we have..

Let's keep these guys and let others empty the farm and stuf. We're not there, in 1986 it was all heart and stumble. It worked.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Tarasenko to Montreal, while sounds amazing on paper, is not really a realistic situation.

Not only would we not want to pay the price attached to Tarasenko, but if we were to move that many pieces, we would be far better off improving our defense drastically. Our goal scoring group is still one of the best/most well rounded in the NHL right now (6th in High Danger Scoring Chances, 2nd in High Danger Goals, 4th in Corsi, 5th in Fenwick)

The cost for Tarasenko without touching the NHL would be our 1st, Suzuki, Poehling and Brook --- not worth it at all to address an area that, yes, we would like to improve, but we are not desperate to improve right now.

I would rather trade a 2nd and Suzuki i for Muzzin, and then Poehling, Brook and our 1st for Brodin.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Tarasenko to Montreal, while sounds amazing on paper, is not really a realistic situation.

Not only would we not want to pay the price attached to Tarasenko, but if we were to move that many pieces, we would be far better off improving our defense drastically. Our goal scoring group is still one of the best/most well rounded in the NHL right now (6th in High Danger Scoring Chances, 2nd in High Danger Goals, 4th in Corsi, 5th in Fenwick)

The cost for Tarasenko without touching the NHL would be our 1st, Suzuki, Poehling and Brook --- not worth it at all to address an area that, yes, we would like to improve, but we are not desperate to improve right now.

I would rather trade a 2nd and Suzuki i for Muzzin, and then Poehling, Brook and our 1st for Brodin.
Jesus that was such a good post until the last paragraph, i would cry my eyeball out if a deal around suzuki for muzzin or brook + poehling + 1st for brodin would happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad