Vladimir Tarasenko out with season ending shoulder surgery

schronote

Sep 15, 2008
Blues have a curse, must have really ticked off the hockey gods. Perron, Oshie, Polak, Tarasenko, Macdonald, Schwartz, Petro, EJ, Janssen, and Cola have all missed time to injury and 8 of those 10 were severe injuries. Ouch.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
That sucks. I like him a lot. I hope he recovers well and to his full ability and this isn't nagging, I wanna see a nice 15 year debate on who won the Sens-Blues trade :)

PietroOshieLo*

That sucks. I like him a lot. I hope he recovers well and to his full ability and this isn't nagging, I wanna see a nice 15 year debate on who won the Sens-Blues trade :)
Barring injuries, both.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
weak. Kuz is playing with 2 bum shoulders. man up :sarcasm:

hope he's better soon and rehabs well, cant wait to see him in the NHL.

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
Why wouldn't he be? He is a Blue.

The Cubs of hockey. It will never end.

Our 2 elite prospects injured significantly. 3 of our 4 best forwards injured significantly, and Brewer (yes...Brewer) is the only top 6 defenseman we have that hasn't missed time. All of whom (Except EJ) missed significant time.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hope his rehab goes well so this is a one time problem, Tarasenko looked excellent in the WJC and I'd love to see him do well in the NHL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

At this point it's looking pretty good for the Sens, but it's hard to say as neither have broken into the NHL yet and their play might not translate. Although Rundblad is supposedly like a bigger more defensively responsible Karlsson.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
after seeing how drastically Hodgson's stock fell with his injury. i'm expecting to see Tarasenko take a nosedive in hfboards general consensus...only to turn out completely fine in time.

neofury*

I feel bad for St. Louis, they were going to have such a dynamite year. I feel even worse for Halak because I know his stats aren't a true reflection of his skill :(

That's the problem with being a goalie on a weak team sometimes. (Just wanted to point out pre-injury St. Louis was in no way a weak team, they are for now though :()

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I feel bad for St. Louis, they were going to have such a dynamite year. I feel even worse for Halak because I know his stats aren't a true reflection of his skill :(

That's the problem with being a goalie on a weak team sometimes. (Just wanted to point out pre-injury St. Louis was in no way a weak team, they are for now though :()

Don't be so quick to give Halak a pass. He hasn't been very good since the first 10-12 games of the year. And it isn't close to being all on the defense. He has let in a lot of soft goals.

He has been very disappointing. But we do have to remember he is only 25 and in his first year as a #1 goalie. He is maturing just like a lot of Blues players.

As for Tarasenko...I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.:shakehead

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The thread title needs to be changed - whether he requires surgery or not is not definite...and now that it's sounding like he'll only be out a month, I would assume that he won't require surgery. Based on what I've read elsewere from Russian sources, it sounds like Tarasenko suffered a low to mid grade separated shoulder. Only if he suffered a grade 5 or 6 separated shoulder would he likely need surgery.

Stang

Dec 4, 2007
The thread title needs to be changed - whether he requires surgery or not is not definite...and now that it's sounding like he'll only be out a month, I would assume that he won't require surgery. Based on what I've read elsewere from Russian sources, it sounds like Tarasenko suffered a low to mid grade separated shoulder. Only if he suffered a grade 5 or 6 separated shoulder would he likely need surgery.

They only have about 6 regular season games left before the playoffs.

Tont

May 4, 2006
Good to hear that it wan't a major shoulder injury, as those can sometimes be impossible to come back 100 percent from at any age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->