Vladimir Sobotka

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Haven't heard anything about this guy, but he came to my attention by way of the CSB rankings. 5'10 and 165, Sobotka lead the Slovak junior league in scoring. You'd think for a guy his size he might shy away from physical play, but the CSB report on him was just glowing. I can't (or at least I don't think) I can post it here, but if you have access, go check him out. He's my darkhorse for both a late first rounder and Wings pick.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Mr Bugg said:
Haven't heard anything about this guy, but he came to my attention by way of the CSB rankings. 5'10 and 165, Sobotka lead the Slovak junior league in scoring. You'd think for a guy his size he might shy away from physical play, but the CSB report on him was just glowing. I can't (or at least I don't think) I can post it here, but if you have access, go check him out. He's my darkhorse for both a late first rounder and Wings pick.

I'd be interested in knowing more on this guy...

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
He's actually Czech (not Slovak), and has 33 points in 27 games in the Czech junior league. That's good for 3rd on his team, but he's basically the only one averaging over a point per game. He finished tied for 20th in junior league scoring (but has only played 27 games).

He also played 18 games in the Extraliga and got 1 assist.

For the playoffs, he played for a team in the 2nd league (3rd tier league), and got 6 points in 6 games.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Ah, okay, thank you. I meant to say Czech, not Slovak. Seeing he played for "Slavia" messed me up.

This is what it said on being the leading scorer:

"Had an impressive 04-05 season. Leading scorer in the junior league and then promoted to Slavia in the Czech league."

Obviously it meant he was the leading scorer at one point and then was promoted, but being written in the past tense made me think otherwise.

Seachd, have you seen him play or know anything more about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->