Blue Jays Discussion: Joe Panik: the hero we deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Odds that Logan Warmoth turn out to be the Jays best 1st round pick from the 2017 draft after he redeems his career out of nowhere and Pearson has his career derailed by injuries? :sarcasm:

Nah. Better plot twist: Pearson converts to the outfield and reinvents himself as a mashing RF with a cannon for an arm, wins an MVP.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
i will say with the oblivious nature of mlb and pine tar right now i find its hilarious theres 50 clips of means hand sticking to his glove in 2 different starts this year and not one thing mentioned by the org in a whole. if they arent going to enforce it . wouldnt it be foolish not to let our pitchers have the same advantage. that being said you know they would check everyones glove if we started

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Pujlos to the Dodgers
Dodgers sign former Angels slugger Albert Pujols - Los Angeles Times

The Dodgers and future Hall of Famer Albert Pujols have agreed to a contract for the remainder of the season, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

Pujols, 41, was abruptly designated for assignment by the Angels last week and officially released Thursday after clearing waivers. The first baseman batted .198 with a .622 on-base-plus-slugging percentage and five home runs in 92 plate appearances with the Angels this season. He was seven for his last 43 before his release.

The Angels remain responsible for his $30-million salary in the final year of his 10-year, $240 million contract. The Dodgers will pay him a prorated share of the $570,500 league minimum. That will be offset from what the Angels owe him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kloff with 6 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, 4 K's, 2 BB. Was only 50 pitches through 5 innings but then perhaps ran out of gas walking 2 in the 6th.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What's the deal with Joey Murray? He hasn't pitched yet.

Read somewhere at the start of the minor league season despite being on the Buffalo roster he stayed down in Dunedin. The reason was unspecified. They said he's been with Buffalo within a week or 2

Reactions: canucksfan

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
We signed Carl Edwards jr. Makes sense we signed another reliever. Especially with Phelps now out for an extended period

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Really big early stretch of the schedule with series against the Red Sox, Rays and Yankees.

People weren't kidding when they said the Sox schedule was garbo. Beating up on the O's and Mariners isn't exactly what I call intimidating. Tampa is a pain in the ass forever and always and then the Yankees look to be awake and angry from their early season slump.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Really big early stretch of the schedule with series against the Red Sox, Rays and Yankees.

People weren't kidding when they said the Sox schedule was garbo. Beating up on the O's and Mariners isn't exactly what I call intimidating. Tampa is a pain in the ass forever and always and then the Yankees look to be awake and angry from their early season slump.

It's ridiculous how much harder the Jays schedule has been than the Sox and Yankees so far. It definitely bodes well for the rest of the season, especially since the Jays are having no problem hanging with the rest of the division so far.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's ridiculous how much harder the Jays schedule has been than the Sox and Yankees so far. It definitely bodes well for the rest of the season, especially since the Jays are having no problem hanging with the rest of the division so far.
The AL East is also the best division in baseball right now. Four teams above .500 and I’m not even sure the Orioles are that bad, relatively speaking.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Maese 1 perfect inning, 1 K

Danner gave up 2 runs in his inning on 3 hits and a HBP

edit: The C's tied it up so Danner went a 2nd inning which was perfect with 3 pop ups stranding the runner who starts on 2nd in extras

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd like to dispute the statcast claim that the Vladdy bomb only went 401 feet.

...Unless they mean it landed on the 401 back in Toronto.

Edit: Apparently it was updated to 465

Vladdy Sr is gushing on twitter about his boy and i see keep on gushing, pops. You raised one hell of a ballplayer and should be damn proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->