Vitali Kravtsov vs. Girgori Denisenko vs. Vasili Podkolzin

Which Russian winger prospect would you choose?

• Total voters

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Podz is a two-way beast AND has high-end skills. He hits hard..i like players that hit hard

Krav is better right now, no doubt.....but Podz is 18 months younger... imagine if we fast forwarded Podz , 18 months of growth and development..with his style of play. That is legitimately scary...would not want to play against him.

Reactions: bert

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
1A) Kravtsov. I think his high end skills will translate (similarly to Buchnevich) once he gets used to the NA ice surface.
1B) Podkolzin. Seems to have a translatable enough skillset and IQ to be a solid producer in the league.

3) Denisenko. As a Panthers fan, never been convinced by him despite his elite skating and high end puck skills. He's nice to watch, but he was overrated because of his stats at the last WJC and I don't think his style will translate to the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Podkolzin is the most surefire NHLer, Kravstov has the most upside, & Denisenko has more pure skill than Pod.

I'd have to still rank Kravstov top on upside but I think Podkolzin is right behind him based on his pro-style. Less sure about Denisenko.

Reactions: VoluntaryDom

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Right now I’d say Kravtsov, but Podkolzin is what 18 months younger? It’ll be a close choice between those two.
yep that being said kravtsov was significantly more productive his draft +1 (6 months older) and about the same his draft year as pod draft +1 (when kravtsov was 6 months younger)

neither guy has done a whole lot this year tbh. kravtsov in particular has bean leapfrogged by many guys drafted later

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
yep that being said kravtsov was significantly more productive his draft +1 (6 months older) and about the same his draft year as pod draft +1 (when kravtsov was 6 months younger)

neither guy has done a whole lot this year tbh. kravtsov in particular has bean leapfrogged by many guys drafted later

that’s a bit unfair to say for Podkolzin since for the first 20 games he was literally getting around a minute of ice time in the khl. Had a good juniors and after he came back from that his team started giving more actual ice time and he began producing too. Kravstov on the other hand did have a pretty poor season, from an outside perspective anyway

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
that’s a bit unfair to say for Podkolzin since for the first 20 games he was literally getting around a minute of ice time in the khl. Had a good juniors and after he came back from that his team started giving more actual ice time and he began producing too. Kravstov on the other hand did have a pretty poor season, from an outside perspective anyway
Kravtsov had a poor season but he had a much better D+1 than either Pod or Denisenko. I think Denisenko is a clear 3rd here. Good upside but his D+2 isn’t even as good as Kravtsov’s D+1 and was outplayed by Krav slightly at the WJC, where Kravtsov was playing out of position at C. Kravtsov struggled big time early on this year in Hartford, but people forget that he completely lit up camp as well as the Traverse City tournament and had a pretty good preseason. He was still sent down anyway, but so was Filip Chytil, another player that played even better than Kravtsov. Kravtsov started to struggle when he got to the AHL and bounced between Russia/AHL and started to really heat up and be noticeable before the pause. He has Kuznetsov potential. I like Podkolzin a lot as well, less offensive upside than Kravtsov but is an absolute bull

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Kravtsov had a poor season but he had a much better D+1 than either Pod or Denisenko. I think Denisenko is a clear 3rd here. Good upside but his D+2 isn’t even as good as Kravtsov’s D+1 and was outplayed by Krav slightly at the WJC, where Kravtsov was playing out of position at C. Kravtsov struggled big time early on this year in Hartford, but people forget that he completely lit up camp as well as the Traverse City tournament and had a pretty good preseason. He was still sent down anyway, but so was Filip Chytil, another player that played even better than Kravtsov. Kravtsov started to struggle when he got to the AHL and bounced between Russia/AHL and started to really heat up and be noticeable before the pause. He has Kuznetsov potential. I like Podkolzin a lot as well, less offensive upside than Kravtsov but is an absolute bull

I agree an argument can be made for Kravstov or Podkolzin but it’s a lot closer now imo than it was say last June where a lot of people said Kravstov would be better no doubt. Kravstov still may have the better of fine views ceiling but Podkolzin the better all around game

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
I agree an argument can be made for Kravstov or Podkolzin but it’s a lot closer now imo than it was say last June where a lot of people said Kravstov would be better no doubt. Kravstov still may have the better of fine views ceiling but Podkolzin the better all around game
That’s what I was saying. I think I take Kravtsov due to his upside though. Podkolzin has the better shot, defensive play, and physicality. But he’s a complimentary winger (albeit a great one) whereas Kravtsov has better creativity, passing, and skating and is a line driving winger. Kravtsov is also more of a rawer prospect at 6’4 185ish and Podkolzin is more filled out (6’1 x 195ish.) I think Podkolzin will be like Timo Meier if he hits his potential and Kravtsov a winger Kuznetsov. Podkolzin is much safer though

Reactions: Nabrules

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Should be interesting with Podkolzin/Kravtsov both playing in KHL this year albeit I know Podkolzin is younger.
Right now I would give slight edge overall to Pod even with Kravtsov being on fire to start the season. Even though I am a Ranger fan I really like Podkolzin as a prospect.
Is Denisenko playing this year?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Should be interesting with Podkolzin/Kravtsov both playing in KHL this year albeit I know Podkolzin is younger.
Right now I would give slight edge overall to Pod even with Kravtsov being on fire to start the season. Even though I am a Ranger fan I really like Podkolzin as a prospect.
Is Denisenko playing this year?
That the big question here, right? It's 2021 and he is yet to play a game. What a great decision it was to go to NA:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->