Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think one bit of development I'd like to see with VK is weathering the valleys and how he works his way out of them.

Yup, learning to be useful and not a detriment by helping in other areas even in stretches when points dry out.

Reactions: gravey9

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is he out of the lineup today?

2nd line

120216763_809264833184923_1007707012068264334_n.jpg

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kravtsov with a real nice one timer. Got some heat on it but Sochi goalie decided to make a good save

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know it's the KHL and not the NHL but definitely looks stronger on his skates. Threw a nice check into sochi player trying to enter the zone separating the puck from the player.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Agreed. Everyone has off of games. He has still gotten off to an awesome start and fans should be excited about that

I agree, I would guess that this is exactly what he needs. Just an opportunity to solidify his platform and confidence. Those years around 18-19 are really turbulent, and especially of course for a young hockey star that gets drafted and what not. There is no surprise that he needed time to adopt to the NA game, and especially the AHL game that differs a ton from the NHL in the other direction.

But he obviously also struggled in "core" areas of his game. Like such a typical situation was when he like turned away from a forechecker in the neutral zone in HFD after making a strong play on the backcheck winning the puck, and despite the fact that he had all the room in the world to make that play the forechecker managed to reach out with his stick and cause a turnover in a bad situation. Like when you struggle you simplify your game and goes back to the basics, and then step by step try to expand your register and get back to playing with smaller marginals. You could see it so obviously in Kravy's game, but so often when he tried to get more creative he just didn't get the bounces. Its perfect that he gets to go back and play in a place he is super familiar with and get that confidence back.

Reactions: TheDirtyH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad