Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
6'4" is a bit arbitrary as your cut off point. Elias Pettersson is currently 6'2" and is only 176. I think he's doing just fine.

I wasn’t arguing that Kravtsov needs to weigh 200+ to be successful. I’m fine with him at a leaner weight around 190. Whatever keeps him dancing like he’s dancing right now.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Rangers have one of the top prospects in the KHL and one of the best D prospects in the world playing in the SHL. Yet neither is viewed as the top organizational prospect and both will be a spot further down the list after the draft in October. That's melting my brain a little bit.
Is it? One's a good ol' Canadian boy. The other two are soft euros. :naughty:

The crazy thing about Kravtsov's season is that he easily could be top-3 in KHL scoring right now if his damn teammates could finish. He should realistically have a 6-4-10 statline. Some of his set-ups were absolute gimmes for goals.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Is it? One's a good ol' Canadian boy. The other two are soft euros. :naughty:

The crazy thing about Kravtsov's season is that he easily could be top-3 in KHL scoring right now if his damn teammates could finish. He should realistically have a 6-4-10 statline. Some of his set-ups were absolute gimmes for goals.

Well at least it sounds like the system has improved a bit and the team is playing better overall. Hopefully that lifts the group's production as the season rolls on.

The biggest obstacle for Kravtsov is going to be gaining the trust of the coaches and playing with consistency from shift to shift. Seems like the latter is coming around thus far this season which is great news. If he can jump back over to NA and immediately translate into an offensive threat, he'll have no problem carving out a role in the lineup right away.

carminejr

Sep 14, 2020
Oh yay another burner account. FFS.
Can’t handle a little commentary? Didn’t ride buses in the na south all those years just to be called a burner by some rando. I think we can all agree krav needs to put on a few more pounds between now and whenever the org is ready to give him the tap on the shoulder. Gotta be on his feet if he’s to replicate some of the high end plays he’s been making. Previous posts on 2019 kakko and av buch reaffirm this

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The Rangers have one of the top prospects in the KHL and one of the best D prospects in the world playing in the SHL. Yet neither is viewed as the top organizational prospect and both will be a spot further down the list after the draft in October. That's melting my brain a little bit.

Consider for a second that if we can still count Kakko as a prospect, one of Lafreniere, Kakko or Shesterkin will, as a matter of coure, actually enter next season as the Rangers third ranked prospect.

Along those same lines, one of Kravtsov, Miller or Lunkqvist will have to be ranked sixth.

Last edited:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Consider for a second that if we can still consider Kakko a prospect, one of Lafreniere, Kakko or Shesterkin will, as a matter of coure, actually enter next season as the Rangers third ranked prospect.

Along those same lines, one of Kravtsov, Miller or Lunkqvist will have to be ranked sixth.

Just a pool full of potential franchise wingers, top-pair defensemen, and elite #1 goalies. No big deal.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
How are we gonna pay all these guys. We need to start trading some before their value takes a hit

:sarcasm:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Consider for a second that if we can still count Kakko as a prospect, one of Lafreniere, Kakko or Shesterkin will, as a matter of coure, actually enter next season as the Rangers third ranked prospect.

If Kakko counts, does Fox still count as a prospect? If so, I'd rank them like this:

1. Lafreniere
2. Kakko
3. Shestyorkin
4. Fox
5. Lundkvist
6. Kravtsov
7. Miller

Miller being our 7th best prospect is insanity. And beautiful

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Can’t handle a little commentary? Didn’t ride buses in the na south all those years just to be called a burner by some rando. I think we can all agree krav needs to put on a few more pounds between now and whenever the org is ready to give him the tap on the shoulder. Gotta be on his feet if he’s to replicate some of the high end plays he’s been making. Previous posts on 2019 kakko and av buch reaffirm this

wecannevergetagoodwindowseat

How are we gonna pay all these guys. We need to start trading some before their value takes a hit

:sarcasm:

Trade them for first round picks in the 2023, 2024, and 2025 drafts. We have the 2026 salary cap to think about.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If Kakko counts, does Fox still count as a prospect? If so, I'd rank them like this:

1. Lafreniere
2. Kakko
3. Shestyorkin
4. Fox
5. Lundkvist
6. Kravtsov
7. Miller

Miller being our 7th best prospect is insanity. And beautiful

Yes - Fox would count (forgot about him for a minute).

Yes - Having Lundkvist 5th and Miller 7th is the height of insanity.

Yes - Taking a player 22nd overall and still have him be (at best) your 8th ranked prospect is amazing.

Yes - We need to appreciate that one of Wall, Barron, Reunanen, Henriksson, Jones, Robertson, or our 2020 22nd overall pick might not even make our top 13 list and our current prospect depth is unlike anything this franchise has seen in about 30 years.

Last edited:

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Yes - Fox would count (forgot about him for a minute).

Yes - Having Lundkvist 5th and Miller 7th is the height of insanity.

Yes - Taking a player 22nd overall and still have him be (at best) your 8th ranked prospect is amazing.

Yes - We need to appreciate that one of Wall, Barron, Reunanen, Henriksson, Jones, Robertson, or our 2020 22nd overall pick not even make our top 13 list is unlike anything this franchise has seen in about 30 years.
Just imagine 10 years ago saying that, in 2020, the Rangers would be the NY area franchise with the brightest possible future and it really isn't that close...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
"The Rangers are a poor drafting team"

Is there anybody that still wants to die on that hill, or will we have to wait until our 3rd round pick from this year has a weak post-draft season?

You know who's bad at drafting that doesn't get mentioned enough? Joe Sakic and the Avalanche. They have not drafted a player outside the top-10 to suit up for 100 games for them since Tyson Barrie in 2009. That's 11 years.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
That kid was an underrated prospect who had a real shot until injuries took a wrecking ball to his progress.

I blame MacKenzie Catski

CvtJaJ1WgAE_a5t

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You know who's bad at drafting that doesn't get mentioned enough? Joe Sakic and the Avalanche. They have not drafted a player outside the top-10 to suit up for 100 games for them since Tyson Barrie in 2009. That's 11 years.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sakic gets a pass on a lot of things because he is well-liked in the NHL and beloved in Colorado. But this team has downright sucked outside the first round and has really built it's system on a number of top 10 or top 12 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad