Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hi folks, nice to see Vitaly back in business again. Thank you for the Clip and the comparison to last season.

He obviously had a tough time adjusting to North America to begin with but it looks like it hasn’t affected his growth.

Hopefully he continues on this trajectory and is able to be successful when he’s back with your Team next year, after he’s done with Traktor.

Would be great to see him break out.
View attachment 374009
(That’s Kappo on the right).

So much potential with your prospects.
View attachment 374011

Cheers

edit: sorry for misspelling Kappo
So you’re a Kravtsov fan too, huh? Yea we’re gonna like you on here

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
The KHL is the second best league in the world. This isn't the ECHL. If he's walking professional KHLers he will be walking SOME NHLers.
I just don’t want it to be THE thing he relies on. I haven’t watched him recently. Has he been playing more versatile? Imo that’s what his NHL top 6 chances are based on.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Good players score lots of bad goals.

And any coach will tell you they all count the same.

It's funny because what Kravtsov did there, just by being in a position for a weird bounce, is what some potential Rangers draft picks were accussed of not doing enough of.

I'll pick on someone like Bouque for a second. Incredibly gifted offensive player. But that's the type of play he got called on for giving up on a little too readily last season.

Point being, it doesn't matter how offensively talented a young player, it's a smart investment to hang in on all the plays.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I just don’t want it to be THE thing he relies on. I haven’t watched him recently. Has he been playing more versatile? Imo that’s what his NHL top 6 chances are based on.

He is much more engaged this season. Plays with more urgency. He is definitely a better (and different) player than he was in his draft year or even D+1.

Whether or not that translates to the NHL remains to be seen but that is what the draft is about. Finding the player who develops into the best player 5 years from now, not finding the best player on the day of the draft.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I always hear the "That's not a goal in the NHL" argument and then think of the endless parade of embarrassing goals we see each year in the NHL :laugh:

I think it’s something to do with angles, video quality of something like that. It just looks less professional.

Goalies almost always save the perfect shots these days if they are in balance and position. Goals that are scored are almost always results of mistakes.

If there is any difference between the best goalies and the ones in Europe/AHL, it’s that the best sell themselves much harder. Like a typical goal is a shot from a defender that misses the net and bounces out to a forward that gets an easy slam dunk. But that is only a easy slam dunk if the goalie is too agressive and moves out to far from his net. That is the real difference between the best and the rest. The crappy goalies will give up more shots that are 200% unsaveable — because they put themselves in that situation much more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And any coach will tell you they all count the same.

It's funny because what Kravtsov did there, just by being in a position for a weird bounce, is what some potential Rangers draft picks were accussed of not doing enough of.

I'll pick on someone like Bouque for a second. Incredibly gifted offensive player. But that's the type of play he got called on for giving up on a little too readily last season.

Point being, it doesn't matter how offensively talented a young player, it's a smart investment to hang in on all the plays.

The really good ones always seem to end up in lucky spots, consistently. Funny how that works.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Ranger fans: We need players who shoot the puck. We have enough passers
Also Ranger fans: These shots won't work in the NHL
I swear half of his goals this season have been off shots where he's using a dman as a screen, which are the exact type of goals you need to score in the NHL where it's harder to beat goalies cleanly :laugh:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
People want to see him rip home a filthy wrist shot or wicked slap shot, beat the goalie with a sick deke, an amazing wrap around, etc.

I get it but it doesn’t make this goal any less nice. It doesn’t mean this exact goal is going to be frequently duplicated in the NHL but we saw him put a nice move on the defender to free himself up for a quality scoring chance.... that will translate. And then we saw him hustle and clean up the garbage for a goal on a rebound (his own) as well. That will also translate.

Good on him.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
People want to see him rip home a filthy wrist shot or wicked slap shot, beat the goalie with a sick deke, an amazing wrap around, etc.

I get it but it doesn’t make this goal any less nice. It doesn’t mean this exact goal is going to be frequently duplicated in the NHL but we saw him put a nice move on the defender to free himself up for a quality scoring chance.... that will translate. And then we saw him hustle and clean up the garbage for a goal on a rebound (his own) as well. That will also translate.

Good on him.

Yes, but when he does that it's "They don't play defense in the KHL" or "Goalies outside the NHL suck"

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
What?
It's certainly nothing earth shattering but that's still a nice goal right there.

That said.. I might have to agree and I'm not sure that's an NHL goal unless you're playing against the NYR, DQ's lol

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The NHL is the best league in the world with the best players in the world. Yes, some (many, depending on the league) goals you see scored outside of the NHL wouldn't happen in an NHL game. That said, NHL players make mistakes all the time, and there are uber-talented players that can make other really good NHL players look foolish on occasion.

The dangling shot and ability to glide over to the side of the net for the rebound doesn't happen 9/10 times in the NHL, but it's not like it's something you would never see. The takeaway should be the he's going to the net and following his shot instead of watching it. Sure, he may not get away with all of that, but for me it's mainly what he did after the shot that's noteworthy.

I have just as much concern about his ability to translate his game to the NHL as anyone, but this is good thing and I don't know why people want to minimize it just because he was allowed to deke without much challenge.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The NHL is the best league in the world with the best players in the world. Yes, some (many, depending on the league) goals you see scored outside of the NHL wouldn't happen in an NHL game. That said, NHL players make mistakes all the time, and there are uber-talented players that can make other really good NHL players look foolish on occasion.

The dangling shot and ability to glide over to the side of the net for the rebound doesn't happen 9/10 times in the NHL, but it's not like it's something you would never see. The takeaway should be the he's going to the net and following his shot instead of watching it. Sure, he may not get away with all of that, but for me it's mainly what he did after the shot that's noteworthy.

I have just as much concern about his ability to translate his game to the NHL as anyone, but this is good thing and I don't know why people want to minimize it just because he was allowed to deke without much challenge.

Yup, I don’t get why some people act as if this play is a guaranteed goal in the KHL. Sorry for cliche but KHL is not a video game either. The difference between NHL and KHL is if this play doesn’t end up in a goal here in 9/10 times than across the pond it’s not a goal about 8/10 or 7/10 times. Still in either league what Kravtsov did would be acknowledged as the right play in all aspects: from where and how entered the zone, he received the pass, shot on goal, continued to drive to the net keeping eyes on the pack, getting to a rebound...

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This thread made me think of a Ranger from a long time ago, Steve Vickers, who was a good goal-scorer. His nickname was 3.5 because that was the distance, in feet, most of his goals traveled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->