Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks, nice to see Vitaly back in business again. Thank you for the Clip and the comparison to last season.

He obviously had a tough time adjusting to North America to begin with but it looks like it hasn’t affected his growth.

Hopefully he continues on this trajectory and is able to be successful when he’s back with your Team next year, after he’s done with Traktor.

Would be great to see him break out.
2A9594CB-2A01-43FE-A0DF-ECE529561731.gif

(That’s Kappo on the right).

So much potential with your prospects.
795D820A-DABB-45C1-B050-73CC426C318E.gif

Cheers

edit: sorry for misspelling Kappo

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Was that Kravtsov on the rebound or the guy that took a shot? Initially I didn't think anyone got the rebound and the shot was what went in. How often do you see a shot hit a goalies shoulder and go in the net like that?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Was that Kravtsov on the rebound or the guy that took a shot? Initially I didn't think anyone got the rebound and the shot was what went in. How often do you see a shot hit a goalies shoulder and go in the net like that?

Kravtsov shot, goalie saved it, puck bounces over him, Kravtsov tracks the puck through a crowd and then taps it in. That's a really nice goal considering the effort that goes into it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He took the shot then found the rebound..

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I hate to say it but 99 times out of 100 that's not a goal in the NHL.

It was a good play by Kravtsov and awful defense and goaltending. The vast majority of the time in the NHL that play is completely forgettable and he would have just been rubbed out on the boards on the left side. Instead number 88 goes up to him and...spins away?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
How are we possibly debating that goal?

He makes a great stutter-step move around the defenseman, pulls a sleek toe-drag and goes straight to the net to follow up on his own rebound.

That sequence is a perfect demonstration of his bag of tricks.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You stay in the play, and get the puck on goal, and good things happen --- even if sometimes it's good fortune rather than amazing skill.

That's how you want your young players to play, instead of giving up on the play.

Perfectly fine with me.

Someone on Twitter responded "I can't believe he was just coasting past the crease" :laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I always hear the "That's not a goal in the NHL" argument and then think of the endless parade of embarrassing goals we see each year in the NHL :laugh:

I think it's also a pointless argument. Lots of the goals scored in Canadian juniors won't happen in the NHL yet people drool over kids dipsy doodling all over the ice.

The important thing is that he does well in the context of where he's playing. He can't do anything else right now...it's not like he should just not shoot the puck because "well I just walked that guy but a NHL defenseman might stop me there so I should go back and try something else instead"

It will always be a transition to the NHL no matter where a prospect or player is coming from, even the AHL. The only important thing right now is that Kravtsov plays well and succeeds where he is currently at. When he comes back to the NHL he will have to adjust to the different style of game but the confidence and skills he practices in the KHL will help make that transition easier.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Due to all the cap-bonus-penalty stuff and a relatively healthy lineup of wingers taking top-9 roles, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I really want to see this kind make the team this year.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->