Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Finally update on Kravtsov.

After yesterday’s win against Neft in the post-game presser their head coach mentioned that Kravtsov is recovering and he’s been working out oof-ice but they’re expecting him to get on ice soon. Questionable if he makes the upcoming road trip. The next home game after returning from the trip is Wednesday, October 28.

Гатиятулин: Кравцов со дня на день начнет ледовые тренировки

P.S. In his absence Traktor has been doing quite well (with the exception of Aberg who found himself out of the lineup). They have recorded 6-1 scoring exactly 4 g/gm and now only 5 points out of 1st in the East with a game in hand, while 8 point clear with 2 games in hand in playoff cushion.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Im also on the "Our problem is not a C." wagon.

Our overall team D from C, W and Dmen is nowhere near good enough.

A lot of these guys need to take that next step in their defensive game this year.

Ditto for our relentlessness, checking, neutral zone play, zone prevention/entries and positional discipline

Someone who is A center could certainly help cover for some mistakes but won't make it so our W and Dmen get better. They've got to get better.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Im also on the "Our problem is not a C." wagon.

Our overall team D from C, W and Dmen is nowhere near good enough.

A lot of these guys need to take that next step in their defensive game this year.

Ditto for our relentlessness, checking, neutral zone play, zone prevention/entries and positional discipline

Someone who is A center could certainly help cover for some mistakes but won't make it so our W and Dmen get better. They've got to get better.
Team D is on the coaches. You think everyone in the Islanders is just naturally great defensively? I don’t want the Rangers to play Trotz hockey but they need to play a more structured system

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Team D is on the coaches. You think everyone in the Islanders is just naturally great defensively? I don’t want the Rangers to play Trotz hockey but they need to play a more structured system

Players are also responsible for team d.

If you have evidence it's a bad system and that none of it is on the players then I'm all ears. Nowhere did I say it's ALL X's fault. Nowhere did I say anything that would imply anything about the isles. I just remarked that the team d is lacking and that it needs to get better

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Martin bonding with Kravstov will be huge. He always looked disgruntled on the bench to me but if he's good with youth and can help guys like Kravstov, Kaako, and Laf....golden.

Reactions: McSauer

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Last edited:

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Good news re. Kravtsov's return from an injury.

In today's post-game presser head coach mentioned that Kravtsov could potentially return in the 2nd game against Amur Khabarovsk on October 25th based on recommendation of their medical staff.

Новости ХК «Трактор» — «Сибирь» vs «Трактор». Послематчевая пресс-конференция

A mild groin strain may recover within a few weeks, whereas a severe injury may take 6 weeks or longer to recover. You need to stop doing the activities that cause pain until the groin has healed. If you continue doing activities that cause pain, your symptoms will return and it will take longer to recover

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A mild groin strain may recover within a few weeks, whereas a severe injury may take 6 weeks or longer to recover. You need to stop doing the activities that cause pain until the groin has healed. If you continue doing activities that cause pain, your symptoms will return and it will take longer to recover

I think a refence to a groin injury grew out of an attempt at humor by one of the locals (thanks @Irishguy42), so unless you have specific sources to confirm that Kravtsov's injury was groin related, the only thing we know officially is that it is a "lower body" injury.

Reactions: gabevh3

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just read an interview with Vitali Abramov (he's with Ottawa) whose KHL rights below to Traktor. Abramov is playing in Finland and when asked why not in the KHL, he said Traktor wanted only to sign him for a full season and Ottawa wanted to have him back to the start of training camp.

This is consistent with the reports we heard from the KHL sources re. Kravtsov staying with Traktor full season.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just read an interview with Vitali Abramov (he's with Ottawa) who's KHL rights below to Traktor. Abramov is playing in Finland and when asked why not in the KHL, he said Traktor wanted only to sign him for a full season and Ottawa wanted to have him back to the start of training camp.

This is consistent with the reports we heard from the KHL sources re. Kravtsov staying with Traktor full season.
Good he's not ready for top 6 NHL minutes. Don't want him buried on the 4th line or scratched. Let him continue developing in the KHL. I wouldn't even be against another full season after this if things keep going in the right direction.
Kind of like Kuznetsov. Wasn't he like 21/22 when he came over to the NHL?

Reactions: Rangers743

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I hate to say it but 99 times out of 100 that's not a goal in the NHL.

With all due respect - you're off base here.

Kravtsov made a shot using a defender to make it difficult on a goalie to hold on to it, and then continued driving to the net for a second chance on a rebound in case goalie dropped it - which is exactly what happened. Or do NHL goalies don't allow any rebounds?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad