Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Would be nice if we could get an injury update on whats going on. Been over 2 weeeks from his last game and all we got was "lower body injury" 2 weeks ago.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kravtsov has played center before.
Eh guys are tried in different spots. Hayes played every forward position. Doesn't mean he's a LW, RW, and C. Look at other guys from the recent past. Dubinsky played C and W. JT Miller. Brian Boyle. Plenty of others. Just because guys have done it, doesn't mean it's something they excel at.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Not really apples to apples, now is it?
It is apples to apples. Red Delicious to Red Delicious. If our staff looks at someone and thinks they have the characteristics of a successful center, they shouldn't be a slave to what his previous coaches have thought. It might not work out, but I don't know who is stamping these kids as winger in permanent ink.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It is apples to apples. Red Delicious to Red Delicious. If our staff looks at someone and thinks they have the characteristics of a successful center, they shouldn't be a slave to what his previous coaches have thought. It might not work out, but I don't know who is stamping these kids as winger in permanent ink.
Except that I have not seen anything that indicates that "our staff" has gone down this line of thinking. Just a lot of wishful thinking on an internet message board.

No one is stamping anyone. But history shows that position switches while not unheard of, are still in fact not common.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Except that I have not seen anything that indicates that "our staff" has gone down this line of thinking. Just a lot of wishful thinking on an internet message board.

No one is stamping anyone. But history shows that position switches while not unheard of, are still in fact not common.
isn't basically everything on HF wishful thinking and banter that may not be aligned with the team's mentality? isn't that the whole point of a message board?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
isn't basically everything on HF wishful thinking and banter that may not be aligned with the team's mentality? isn't that the whole point of a message board?
Sure, but when someone says that x or y are going to get to play a different position, I think it is fine to respond why it is probably not going to happen. The back and forth is also the whole point of a message board.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Fair enough.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
TBs approach for things is "well X player hasn't done it, so therefore it can't be done, and you're a fool for even suggesting it"

Happens everytime lol

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
TBs approach for things is "well X player hasn't done it, so therefore it can't be done, and you're a fool for even suggesting it"

Happens everytime lol
My approach is ) not counting on things that have not happened and 2) pointing out that there are reasons percentages weigh heavily against some options.

Reactions: CasusBelli

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I don't think anyone is really truly believing it absolutely will happen; but it DOES happen, and there is reason within this organization right now why it would be great to have happen. Obviously statements like "I think this WILL happen," might be far fetched, but discussing whether a player has the necessary skills to make that occasionally-occurring transition and whether its worth trying is probably a subject that is worth discussing.

I do think that all three of Kravtsov, Kakko and Lafreniere have characteristics that would translate well to center as opposed to players like Panarin, Kreider, Buch or Gauthier.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
I do think that all three of Kravtsov, Kakko and Lafreniere have characteristics that would translate well to center as opposed to players like Panarin, Kreider, Buch or Gauthier.

I could see Lafrenière and Kravtsov playing center - Kakko less so.

He is the least explosive skater of the three, is not as good a distributor as the other two and would be forced to take face offs with his stick that has the flex rating of a pool noodle.

This is not meant to deride Kakko, I just think his qualities don’t lend themselves to the nuances of being a center as well as they do a self-sufficient power winger.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I could see Lafrenière and Kravtsov playing center - Kakko less so.

He is the least explosive skater of the three, is not as good a distributor as the other two and would be forced to take face offs with his stick that has the flex rating of a pool noodle.

This is not meant to deride Kakko, I just think his qualities don’t lend themselves to the nuances of being a center as well as they do a self-sufficient power winger.
LMAO
I use a 55 flex and went 9/9 in faceoffs last game :)

Reactions: CaptTennille

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Pretty crazy thinking. Because adaption to the NHL is too easy as it is.

Step in, score 40 goals, what's the big deal

Seriously. Smart money is on Chytil taking over 2C before Kravtsov or Lafreniere would need to be tried there. After that even if Howden doesn't become 3C there would be no need.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad