Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kravtsov glorious chance in front of net but can't put it home with 3 min left but on next shift helps create some offensive zone play along the boards and Aberg ties it at 3 late.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Traktor is on fire

Really would have liked to see Kravtsov take a shift in the 3v3, but it's good to see the kid in a good environment so far this year
Was hoping to see him with some open ice but they won it pretty early in the OT.
This is a great environment for him right now even if he hasn’t been an offensive force. Keep letting him develop for a few more years in KHL

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor moved wingers around for this game, IMO at least partially to get Kravtsov going offensively. Went back to LW on Sedlak’s line where he has chemistry with Hyka.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Traktor moved wingers around for this game, IMO at least partially to get Kravtsov going offensively. Went back to LW on Sedlak’s line where he has chemistry with Hyka.

For whatever reason, Kravtsov feels like a guy who needs to find that chemistry with a linemate to be productive.

Which is fine; he has high-end skills, and if he has to be carefully paired to bring them out then so be it.

But I can definitely see him, in a couple years, having difficulty earning top6 opportunities, because he isn't carrying play on the 3rd line. I feel an added sense of urgency with him, when it comes to developing into a dogged forechecker or defensive whiz, or some other useful role. He could really use that extra shot in the arm.

Reactions: ArPanet

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
For whatever reason, Kravtsov feels like a guy who needs to find that chemistry with a linemate to be productive.

Which is fine; he has high-end skills, and if he has to be carefully paired to bring them out then so be it.

But I can definitely see him, in a couple years, having difficulty earning top6 opportunities, because he isn't carrying play on the 3rd line. I feel an added sense of urgency with him, when it comes to developing into a dogged forechecker or defensive whiz, or some other useful role. He could really use that extra shot in the arm.

Buchnevich wasn’t overly productive on the bottom lines with some exceptions (like about half dozen game bursts with Chytil) but he created chances and played on both sides of the puck well enough to earn opportunities to be promoted. I think Kravtsov will be able to do the same.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Would you trade Kravtsov to Penguins for Samuel Poulin + 2nd rounder? I think I would.
I'd seriously consider it. Might take some tweaking. Throw in Bellerive or some other depth prospect. Not sure why Pittsburgh would want to do it though. I like Kravtsov but I wouldn't say his stock is up since he was drafted.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Assuming those questions are translated well, it reads more like the interviewer works for a tabloid than in sports news.

I would do Poulin and a lottery-protected 1st for Kravtsov, but as others above have noted, Poulin and a second seems light. Given Malkin and Crosby's ages, I may even ask for their 2022 1st in place of this coming year's, in order to grab another 2nd or 3rd rounder.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The interviewer is notorious in Russia’s sports media world and is well known for his baseless provocations and disrespectful approach to even the most well-known and respected sports figures. Very recently he was put on boycott list by quite a few hockey players because of his own assessment (again baseless) of Tarasenko’s last shoulder injury and impact on his contract negotiations with SLB, while being completely obnoxious and picking a media fight with Tarasenko’s wife (and then playing innocent). The guy is a complete tool and piece of shit.
His line of questions about Kravtsov and the Rangers is right down the alley.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I really hope this kid can continue to develop in the KHL and make an impact in 2022 in the NHL. Otherwise having two consecutive top 10 picks bust just sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad