Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Quinn isnt going to put him into a spot to put up points until he does all the little things, and hustles. I think you compare it to someone like Buchnevich. He was up and down, moved to the left wing... he was so inconsistent, not in scoring, but in every other aspect of the game. About half way through the season we could really see Buchnevich 'buy in' to the Quinn system and it really helped his overall game including offense. This season has been great for Kravtsov, because he's doing these on a consistent basis. Last season, he stood along the boards way too often, didnt get involved, etc.
You're 100% correct and I have acknowledged all of this. He still needs to consistently provide offense, and he hasn't really done that yet. I'd like to see it start soon. Most of the other Russian guys that are always cited as examples why Kravtsov should still be playing in the KHL were more productive at this point.

In 2018 it was that he was on a bad team, and his contributions to his team's offensive output were actually elite. Or whatever. 2019 he comes here and disappoints--he lacked talented teammates and was having a hard time adjusting and never should have come. Then he goes home and struggles--it's the coach, and he's just unsettled. Then he comes back and still struggles. But now he's hustling! Great. Maybe he can be Marcel Hossa (I kid).

If he doesn't turn it around in terms of production, I know all we'll hear is that his season was ruined by his injury. I know it already.

He has plenty of time to step it up and I hope he does. But, he's on a good team now. He's 21 and at home and comfortable with his coach. No excuses at this point. He needs to do better than just "play well".

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Quick FYI: This is the first time since October 10th 2018 that SKA was shut out at home by a team other than CSKA.

This was such a statement game by Traktor. They are now 1st in their conference, 2nd in the league.

We can bin all the excuses now. This team is the real deal

Yup, I was saying the offseason that they won't be the shitshow they had been since Gatiytullin (current head coach) left to SKA after their bronze season.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Felt from the beginning of the season it would be important for Traktor to be a good team and for VK to get top 6 ice time. So far both are happening. Yes of course would love to see him start putting up amazing offensive number again but maybe this is the type of team Traktor is. They are gonna win a lot of 3-1 and 2-0 games and VK isn’t gonna put up a ppg on a low scoring good defensive team.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Felt from the beginning of the season it would be important for Traktor to be a good team and for VK to get top 6 ice time. So far both are happening. Yes of course would love to see him start putting up amazing offensive number again but maybe this is the type of team Traktor is. They are gonna win a lot of 3-1 and 2-0 games and VK isn’t gonna put up a ppg on a low scoring good defensive team.

You're exactly right. This season Traktor is definitely one of the stingiest teams on defense. Not counting Jokerit that so far played 9 (!!) games less (and will definitely wind up with more GA), Traktor has allowed 50 GA - the second fewest in the whole KHL with only Loko allowing 9 less goals in 3 less games.

On the other hand, even with his recent offensive slump and playing 7 less games due to injury Kravtsov is still team leader in goals scored with 8.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Kravtsov shows you why he is someone who could be among the best on his draft class, and the roadblocks that could still prevent him from being counted in that tier.

Sometimes he amazes you, sometimes you wonder where this disconnect with results can be.

But that also somewhat illustrates the difference when viewing the prospects who COULD be among the best in their class, versus the prospects who SHOULD be among he best in their class.

The difference between those two projections is sometimes just one or two clicks on the dial.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Do you know how much time he spends on the PK, and how many of those 23 goals were conceded while SH?

Sorry, those 23 goals were at even strength. I was talking solely about ES stats.

Kravtsov has been on the ice for just 2 of 23 ES goals against in the games he has played. He has, as far as I know, not played on the PK yet. In the first game of the season he was on the ice for a SHG against (Datsyuk). Here's a breakdown:

On ice goal diff while on PP:
6-1

On ice goal diff at ES:
12-2

Last edited:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Sorry, those 23 goals were at even strength. I was talking solely about ES stats.

Kravtsov has been on the ice for just 2 of 23 ES goals against in the games he has played. He has, as far as I know, not played on the PK yet. In the first game of the season he was on the ice for a SHG against (Datsyuk). Here's a breakdown:

On ice goal diff while on PP:
6-1

On ice goal diff at ES:
12-2

Then it's really 2 if its Datsyuk and on the pk. The 12-2 is really what matters and that's great to see. For him to be an elite player it can't stay at plus 10, he needs to push the spread. That's that gets you paid.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Then it's really 2 if its Datsyuk and on the pk. The 12-2 is really what matters and that's great to see. For him to be an elite player it can't stay at plus 10, he needs to push the spread. That's that gets you paid.

No, it was a Traktor PP, and Datsyuk scored a short-handed goal against them.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kravtsov with a beautiful primary assist on a touch pass to get the game tied 2-2. Huge goal.
Also was on ice for first goal but pretty sure didn't get assist for the Sedlak goal.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great game going into the third. Hey if there is no NHL at least we have some rooting interest in Traktor for KHL playoffs.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->