Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
kravtsov needs to switch with blackwell. We could have 3 top line caliber lines, it’s kinda absurd.

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Lafreniere-Mika-Buch
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko

3rd line is quite a bit behind the other two, but they have incredible potential and could take a huge step next year. That’s a scary top 9. Quinn needs to loosen the reins a bit on Kravtsov. He could become a monster.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
kravtsov needs to switch with blackwell. We could have 3 top line caliber lines, it’s kinda absurd.

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Lafreniere-Mika-Buch
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko

3rd line is quite a bit behind the other two, but they have incredible potential and could take a huge step next year. That’s a scary top 9. Quinn needs to loosen the reins a bit on Kravtsov. He could become a monster.
I think by next season we see this, assuming that Mika, Buch, and Strome are still around. What's scary is that with Barron moving up we could also have a 4th line that is a scoring threat as well. If Gauthier could get his defensive game down, him and Baroon on the 4th line would give us 4 lines we could roll all of whom can score.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Lafreniere-Mika-Buch
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko

Have to think Seattle takes Blackwell because well... who else are they going to take?

... and that solves this problem.

Reactions: haveandare

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
kravtsov literally cannot stay on this line.

two absolutely brain dead chickens giving him nothing offensively. he's trying to make plays and push the puck and howden overskates the most simple dumpins and rooney trips over his own f***in skates in the neutral zone. please move him up.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I have absolutely no problem with the way Kravtsov has been getting acclimated to the NHL. But with the 2nd line getting pretty cold in the recent games and Kravtsov seemed to be not phased by anything at the NHL level (speed, physicality, defensive responsibilities) I think it’s time to make a switch.

The Rangers are 4 points behind Bruins. Forget about the games in hand and just concentrate on staying within this number or less for the last two games against them to finish the season. Things that are within their control.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
kravtsov literally cannot stay on this line.

two absolutely brain dead chickens giving him nothing offensively. he's trying to make plays and push the puck and howden overskates the most simple dumpins and rooney trips over his own f***in skates in the neutral zone. please move him up.
It’s the obvious move that everyone sees. The kid is going. You ride the momentum. I think Quinn will put him the, but later then he should. Similar to bumping LaF up to 1st line. It should have been done week n a half to 2 weeks ago. I think Quinn will eventually but be late to the party

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Have to think Seattle takes Blackwell because well... who else are they going to take?

... and that solves this problem.
If all these kids keep taking strides your talking about a top 9 that looks like the old school redwings. That’s not an exaggeration, and I don’t say that lightly but the sheer amount of talent is immense. Hopefully gorts could build a fourth line like they had too. We need our versions of Draper and McCarty. Don’t think it’s going to be howden or Rooney though

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think by next season we see this, assuming that Mika, Buch, and Strome are still around. What's scary is that with Barron moving up we could also have a 4th line that is a scoring threat as well. If Gauthier could get his defensive game down, him and Baroon on the 4th line would give us 4 lines we could roll all of whom can score.

And with guys like Bedard, Vierling, Cuylle and Panjuniemi floating around too. Of course that's about all we have at forward.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
And with guys like Bedard, Vierling, Cuylle and Panjuniemi floating around too. Of course that's about all we have at forward.

It will be a couple years before we draft him (because we are going to somehow get the 1st overall pick after winning the cup).

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have absolutely no problem with the way Kravtsov has been getting acclimated to the NHL. But with the 2nd line getting pretty cold in the recent games and Kravtsov seemed to be not phased by anything at the NHL level (speed, physicality, defensive responsibilities) I think it’s time to make a switch.
At a bare, bare minimum, after Buch the next two RW spots should be Kakko & Kravstov right now. In whatever order you want to put them at.

Reactions: kovazub94

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Will be interesting to see if Kreider can 'reinvent' KZB magic with the kids. Could become a ridiculously prosperous thing for us for sure. I think that would be C worthy if he could be the glue guy to let Chytil and Kak continue to bloom. Would more than justify the contract and giving him the C until one of these top kids shows himself in the PO's and such.

ah shit, Krav thread.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What the hell is Blackwood doing to deserve the 2nd line spot? He plays hard? Cool, so does Kravtsov, but Kravtsov actually has offensive skill and is part of the future within the organization. There are 7 games left, can we please just give the kid a fair shake playing with some real players to end the season?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What the hell is Blackwood doing to deserve the 2nd line spot? He plays hard? Cool, so does Kravtsov, but Kravtsov actually has offensive skill and is part of the future within the organization. There are 7 games left, can we please just give the kid a fair shake playing with some real players to end the season?

What it comes down to is this: Quinn thinks Blackwell on the 2nd line gives him a better chance at winning.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I really hope Quinn is talking to Kravstov and assuring him that his time is coming. At the end of the day, he's still a kid and emotional. If nothing else, I do think Quinn communicates with his players and would have to be watching a different game to not realize that the kid is for real.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
And as always Quinn is an idiot for thinking that. Maybe 3 weeks ago.

As I said in another post, Quinn doesn’t have a benefit of hindsight to know exactly when Blackwell’s hot run ends, so to me this call should’ve been made but in a lot more recent time - 3/4 games at most. At this point I as everyone am disappointed in not seeing the permanent switch. This Blackwell issue does annoy me a lot more than whatever Quinn has previously been accused re. use of Howden.

P.S. Kravtsov still seems to get 3-5 shifts per game away from the 4th line. Not enough but something.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
3 points in 14 games. Yet another top prospect who comes over and can't produce. This organization continues to show that they cannot develop forwards.

Reactions: mas0764

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
3 points in 14 games. Yet another top prospect who comes over and can't produce. This organization continues to show that they cannot develop forwards.
Are you watching the games or just looking at the stat sheet?
Kratsov has been absolutely head and shoulders above what most of us anticipated.
His lack of points is coming from low ice time and shit line mates most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad