Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gaborik has such a unique release. He can handle the puck way out in front of him and snap his wrists and get such a high velocity on his shots it fools goalies. It's because most players can't shoot from the positions he shoots from with that same velocity so goalies aren't expecting it.

you nailed it

goalies know that if the puck is out front of the player they're stick handling not shooting so they stay up longer and wait. Crosby get this off a lot and fools goalies in the same way. gaborik was able to shoot the puck from that space and well. it was absurd. kravstov seems to be fooling goalies a lot. they look very uncomfortable when the puck goes by them.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I just want to throw this out there, and I'm sure the German speaking users here can confirm but his name sounds a hell of a lot like the German word "Kraftstoff" which means fuel (gasoline.. it's interchangeable) .

So, not sure if he has a nickname yet or not.. but maybe we can use that for a general direction when we decide he's worthy of a nickname.

KRAV-TSOV

KRAFT-STOFF

looks somewhat alike, but as one of the real German speakers I can tell you, NEIN!*

Tsov is spoken as it's written. Stoff is spoken "SHTOFF"

.... but wait ... KRAV-STOFF ... I like it, but I'd like a Russian to confirm if that's not an insult or something.

*excluding the northern Germans around Hamburg and the coast-line, who actually pronounce "st" not as "SHT" but how it's written. Getting actually really close to the original claim.

kravstov seems to be fooling goalies a lot. they look very uncomfortable when the puck goes by them.

I hope it's not just preseason or the suckiness of said goalies that got scored on.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov is not playing today in Traktor’s third game of the tournament against Salavat. Not to worry, Titov mentioned that he wants to get an opportunity to see 5-6 more players and Traktor already guaranteed a spot in the final tomorrow. Also I’m not sure when Kravstov will be leaving to join Russian team for the U20 tournament that will take place next week.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Tkachev scores a point or two in every Salavat's preseason game (1+1 vs Traktor so far). I think, Rangers should be ready to snatch him next season, when his contract is over...

The knock on him continues to be his production when he gets less time and space to operate. Otherwise, if he decides to come to NA there will be a lot of teams interested in his services. Given his age would he still be subject to ELC?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The knock on him continues to be his production when he gets less time and space to operate. Otherwise, if he decides to come to NA there will be a lot of teams interested in his services. Given his age would he still be subject to ELC?
Per CapFriendly, if you're younger than 25 by September 15 during the first year of your contract, you MUST sign an ELC. Term is as follows.

18-21 years of age: 3 years
22-23 years of age: 2 years
24 years of age: 1 year

His birthday is October 5th, 1995. So, Tkachyov would be 23 by September 15th 2019. Assuming he signs with us next offseason, that would mean a 2 year ELC.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Per CapFriendly, if you're younger than 25 by September 15 during the first year of your contract, you MUST sign an ELC. Term is as follows.

18-21 years of age: 3 years
22-23 years of age: 2 years
24 years of age: 1 year

His birthday is October 5th, 1995. So, Tkachyov would be 23 by September 15th 2019. Assuming he signs with us next offseason, that would mean a 2 year ELC.

For European players, the max age for ELC eligibility is 27, FYI

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov is not playing today in Traktor’s third game of the tournament against Salavat. Not to worry, Titov mentioned that he wants to get an opportunity to see 5-6 more players and Traktor already guaranteed a spot in the final tomorrow. Also I’m not sure when Kravstov will be leaving to join Russian team for the U20 tournament that will take place next week.

Per Traktor’s team site, Kravstov left the team’s camp to join Russia U20 team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That’s what I wanted to check. So for Euros it’s 24-27 for 1 year ELC?

Article 9.1, subsection C (page 23 of the CBA):
Notwithstanding the chart set forth in (b) above, a Player who at the time he was drafted was playing for a team outside North America or who meets the qualifications set forth in Article 8.4(a)(v) (a "European Player") who signs his first SPC at ages 25-27 shall be subject to the Entry Level System for one (1) year. A European Player who signs his first SPC at age 28 or older is not subject to the Entry Level System under any circumstances.

2 examples:
Michal Kempný - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Jan Rutta - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: kovazub94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Per Traktor’s team site, Kravstov left the team’s camp to join Russia U20 team.

Yeah. Four Nations tournament in Örnsköldsvik.

DateGameVenue
2018-08-24 15:00Finland - Czech RepublicFjällräven Center
2018-08-24 19:00Sweden - RussiaFjällräven Center
2018-08-25 12:30Czech Republic - RussiaFjällräven Center
2018-08-25 16:30Sweden - FinlandFjällräven Center
2018-08-26 11:00Russia - FinlandFjällräven Center
2018-08-26 14:30Sweden - Czech RepublicFjällräven Center
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: kovazub94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Traktor won both games with Kravtsov and lost both games without him... Don't wanna make any conclusions, it's just a fact.

It's definitely not a bad thing for Kravtsov. It's still pre-season, but the chemistry with Stoa was clearly visible.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor won both games with Kravtsov and lost both games without him... Don't wanna make any conclusions, it's just a fact.
It's definitely not a bad thing for Kravtsov. It's still pre-season, but the chemistry with Stoa was clearly visible.

Igor Eronko (a well known KHL insider) wrote an article upon conclusion of Governor Cup (Chelyabinsk Region). It covers preparation state of each of four teams that participated. It’s telling that the title of the article itself is loosely translated as “How to split a young rising star between a club and National team so that no one suffers” that refers to Kravtsov spending preseason split in 3 separate camps. For Traktor Eronko notes a good chemistry that Traktor’s second line has been showing and how much better they looked with Kravtsov (who scored in each game he participated and also created a bunch of more scoring chances) than without. In terms of his play for the 2nd National team, in Kravtsov own words he notes that his performance is much better when coaches shows their trust in him.

Как поделить молодую звезду между "Трактором" и сборной, чтобы никто не пострадал?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah I dunno him attending like 3 different camps in a month seems kinda bad for him. Hopefully it doesn't affect his start to the real season

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah I dunno him attending like 3 different camps in a month seems kinda bad for him. Hopefully it doesn't affect his start to the real season

Yup, I mentioned it as a concern awhile back.

The saving grace is that he seems to have a trust from Tracktor’s head coach Titov, that he’s doing very well in Traktor’s camp and his spot on the second line with Stoa and Glinkin is safe.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I don't think it's a bad thing. It's a great experience. And he gets to play at the u20 4N, which is huge. It is a great way to develop, if the traveling doesn't kill him. I doubt his traveling schedule will be as brutal as Lias last season. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing at the EHT later on as well with the senior team. If he's on the team for the Carlson Games, I am definitely driving up. Last season it was in Pardubice. Hopefully it's in Trinec this year so I can see a new city ;)

Reactions: GodlyRangers

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Hard not to love what you have seen from Kravtsov. I've only had limited highlights but I like what I see. Buchnevich on the other hand sucks until he proves otherwise. All I saw was a lazy dog with no commitment to defense. Hopefully, this new coaching staff can get through his thick head. I'm much higher on Vesey that he will have a real good year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hard not to love what you have seen from Kravtsov. I've only had limited highlights but I like what I see. Buchnevich on the other hand sucks until he proves otherwise. All I saw was a lazy dog with no commitment to defense. Hopefully, this new coaching staff can get through his thick head. I'm much higher on Vesey that he will have a real good year.

Vesey is much worse defensively than Buchnevich. Buchnevich has this stigma that he's lazy because:

1. He's Russian
2. His strides look slower
3. He's a playmaker who doesn't really rush up and down the ice

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
When I hear/read some people talk about Bucha it blows my mind. He's actually moreso one of those skaters who is very smart with his stride. He gets to where he wants to go with ease. He's pretty sneaky yet very aware. He doesn't over-engage on puck battles which I find smart. He seems to be one of those guys that has a knack for where the play is going. Not to say that its lacking (which I think people exacerbate this idea) but he could improve on his initial burst and effort on the backcheck. He most certainly doesn't dog it though. He's willing to play defense and he does it quite well. I think he's just a smarter thinker with his stride and because he can be, rather than having to be a Brandon Dubinsky who wasn't as naturally smart and had to make sure he was balls to the walls in every facet.

The amount of Bucha disparagement is kind of incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->