Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Remember when we switched to a different domain so we could have threads with more than 1k posts? Good times.

On topic: Kravtsov had a great game. I had the game on at work while finishing my report and he's just so lethal when he has a split second of time and space. He creates chances for his linemates and when he gets the chance to shoot, he picks a corner effortlessly.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
His puck control is and ability to pick a spot is top-notch.

His size gives him the ability to almost use his body as a spring for the shot. Ironically enough his form often reminds me of Petr Nedved at the same age. He would get off shots that had a very similar feel to them.

Nedved had the damn slowest release though...

That shot and goal actually kind of reminded me of Nash and how he could put the puck on his forehand and shoot quickly, especially going far post over the pad

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Nedved had the damn slowest release though...

That shot and goal actually kind of reminded me of Nash and how he could put the puck on his forehand and shoot quickly, especially going far post over the pad

But man, when he executed it properly, it was incredibly difficult for goalies to pick up.

Regarding Kratvstov, barring any major change in direction, he'll likely play in the NHL. The question is just how good he'll be.

His talent is enough to carry him to the 20 goal/40 point level. But if he puts it all together, 30/70 is not out of the question at all.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's a pretty good track record with Russian forwards. I believe Nik Bobrov is the Rangers guy over there and has been for a while. @RangerBoy is that right? If so, I feel like he gets a bit more benefit of the doubt than others

Don't forget Anisimov. We don't often draft Russian forwards but when we do, it's been pretty good. Grachev was a miss but @Pavel Buchnevich probably uses him as an example for his "no Russians from the CHL" stance

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
That's a pretty good track record with Russian forwards. I believe Nik Bobrov is the Rangers guy over there and has been for a while. @RangerBoy is that right? If so, I feel like he gets a bit more benefit of the doubt than others

Bobrov is the director of european scouting for the Rangers

Reactions: Joey Bones

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Bobrov is very good at his job

He should be taking over for Gordie when the time comes

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
How does the goalie leave the 5 hole open like that against him of all people? Crazy.

Please enlighten us what should golies be doing when Kravtsov does a little shake to the open blade side? This goalie probably still remembers Kravtsov's goal to his stick side.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
For what it's worth, on the first Traktov goal Kravtsov made a good play to get the puck to the point, that point man sent it across for the slapper but since Stoa got a stick on it Kravtsov didn't get a Secondary on the PPG. Could have had a 2 point game.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Buchnevich and Grachev

Should have drafted that Putin kid. Kreider speaks Russian so he can take him under his wing.

maxresdefault.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The scary thing is some guys put on weight and slow down...

He's the kind of guy who is going to put on weight and get faster... And tougher to knock off the puck.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
FYI, the next game is tomorrow. Then one day break and another two games of this tourny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad