Prospect Info: Vitaly Abramov - RW/LW

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Would be amazing if Abramov turned out to be Ottawa's Martin St. Louis.

Not getting my hopes up at all, but there are some similarities in their game/attitude along with the obvious height comparison.

But we had St. Louis at one point...lol

Reactions: Silencio

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No comprende senior...please explain?

Edit: nvm.. as per wiki we apparently gave him a PTO, and subsequently cut him. I had no idea.

Hey, we are in nowhere near as bad a shape as Calgary - they had Marty St. Louis and Brett Hull in their organization at one time, and managed to let both of them get away...

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
More likely a career minor league player or moves to Europe or the KHL.

I wanted to like him, super skilled, good vision, solid IQ...but the skating is bad, especially for a small skill player. Was not expecting that from what I had read / seen of him so far. Also liked his willingness for physicality, and he has some fight in him.

I think he can be a 3rd line scorer for a couple of seasons, but he's not someone to keep long term. I saw him multiple times in his first game get beat on the back-check by an opposing player. Wasn't a question of hustle, but of skating.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I wanted to like him, super skilled, good vision, solid IQ...but the skating is bad, especially for a small skill player. Was not expecting that from what I had read / seen of him so far. Also liked his willingness for physicality, and he has some fight in him.

I think he can be a 3rd line scorer for a couple of seasons, but he's not someone to keep long term. I saw him multiple times in his first game get beat on the back-check by an opposing player. Wasn't a question of hustle, but of skating.
I don’t see how you can make that judgment off of one game (saying he’s not someone to keep long term). And they had just played in Belleville the previous night.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t see how you can make that judgment off of one game (saying he’s not someone to keep long term). And they had just played in Belleville the previous night.
Flew across the country that morning too I beleive, not exactly an ideal situation for him.

I liked his game. Had a couple solid plays in limited mins.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Don’t want the team to get suckered into the Mike Hoffman’s who are amazing in certain offensive positions but then play a non existent game away from the puck. Abaramov seems to have a lot of heart and Hoffman never had heart, but I don’t see where he fits in this lineup.

I see him being moved, a team like Edmonton who’s looking for cheap wingers should take a flyer on him. Puljarrvie for Abramov maybe?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Don’t want the team to get suckered into the Mike Hoffman’s who are amazing in certain offensive positions but then play a non existent game away from the puck. Abaramov seems to have a lot of heart and Hoffman never had heart, but I don’t see where he fits in this lineup.

I see him being moved, a team like Edmonton who’s looking for cheap wingers should take a flyer on him. Puljarrvie for Abramov maybe?

How do you not see where he fits in the lineup? The cupboards are weak on RW and Abramov is one of our few prospects other than Batherson and Davidsson who has top 6 potential at that position.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
How do you not see where he fits in the lineup? The cupboards are weak on RW and Abramov is one of our few prospects other than Batherson and Davidsson who has top 6 potential at that position.

My point is his finish might be top 6 but the rest of his game is lacking.

I think they put C. white at RW and with C. brown at RE that’s actually a decent TW

Batherson
Brown
White
Ryan

EasyMoneySniper

Jul 5, 2019
I have a feeling he'll put up some big numbers in the AHL this season. The chances were there last season but didn't materialize.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Let me be clear that I'm not talking about this coming season but at some future point with these guys. Abramov actually shoots left but can play either side. IMO Davidsson could be ahead of him as a forward & let's not forget they now have Connor Brown from the Leafs who is a right shot & young & somewhat proven. And Bobby Ryan also shoots right & plays RW, although he can play the other wing as well & most likely will be here for another few yrs. And while I think they keep White at centre he too is a right shot who can play RW as is Pageau although I think he could get moved by the deadline. Max Veronneau also shoots right & plays RW & could be ahead of Abramov on the depth chart.

On the left side, we know that Tkachuk will be there until he demands a lot of money & IMO Formenton is a player they should keep long term. That leaves two positions on LW, maybe one on the top six & one on the bottom six, (although I would keep Paul there) & there are a few LWers Abramov will have to beat out like Duclair who is experienced & young. Balcers is another experienced young LWer but IMO Chlapik or Norris are two good centres & one could be moved over to LW & IMO would be ahead of Abramov. I just think there are too many guys ahead of him here after all the personnel changes & with all the picks in next yr's draft I assume there could be a couple more.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I don't see him fitting in this year at all. He should get a couple games if he has a good year in Belleville. I think he will really need to light it up in Belleville to get a legit shot of coming up and staying. He has skills but not sure about his complete package considering his size. Look forward to seeing how he does in Belleville this year. I think he'll improve his stats.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don't see him fitting in this year at all. He should get a couple games if he has a good year in Belleville. I think he will really need to light it up in Belleville to get a legit shot of coming up and staying. He has skills but not sure about his complete package considering his size. Look forward to seeing how he does in Belleville this year. I think he'll improve his stats.
Hopefully close to ppg in the ahl. See you next year Vitaly

Reactions: JungleBeat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad