Visors and Cages

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by Taz, Jan 7, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Taz

Taz Registered User

I just found out if you are born in after 1974 you have to wear a visor or a cage (My BD is 1985) well i had already brought my helmet which is a CCM HT492

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1932_9745971

I have looked around and there doesnt seem to be any visors made for CCM which is probably what i would prefer playin in, so can u use like Oakly or am i missing them, i have found cages.

2. sc37

sc37 Registered User

Home Page:
    Doesn't matter what brand...and I think CCM makes a visor, it's a different design that allows you to flip it up when your on the bench. Just find a visor you like, and get the right size so it'll fit your helmet/head and should be good to go.

3. 559

559 Registered User

pretty much all visors will fit that helmet.

i have an itech HS22 with that same helmet, and it fit with the hardware they give you.

4. RJ8812*

RJ8812* Guest

wow, i didnt even know they still made that type....i used that helmet about 10 years ago

5. Clown Fiesta

Clown Fiesta Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Man go with the Bauer 5000 or the new one 8000 I think for a comfortable fit and great protection. I avoid CCM as they have never fit me well. I guess this is personal opinion so you can ignore it. But I use the 5000 with a Bauer mirror visor like Malkin used in Russia. I ordered the tint and they sent the mirror felt like a D-bag at first but it has never fogged up on me and alot of goalies in my league say they cant see my eyes... Its true I have actually produced a lot better as of late by picking a spot and putting it there with little reaction from the goalie.

6. TBLfan

TBLfan Registered User

Being the best... ever
    Home Page:
    I'd recommend against the helmet if you have a history of head injuries or you're playing check. BTW a 692(one step above the 492 and the beginning of pro level helmets) will just cost you about $15-20 more and it was(and might still be) the most common helmet in the NHL. Don't want to scare you because it will work for most house leagues, I would just advice against it if it's going to be a checking league.

You can attach most visors to most helmets, the only ones with issues are the ones that are fixed and attach at the side where you would attach j-clips. The solution to that is spacers, you see spacers on the helmets of most nhlers with half shields.

7. Doctor Hook

Doctor Hook Registered User

Insurance
    I got high sticked tonight and was glad that I never switched over to a visor from a full cage (been contemplating the switch for months but tonight's incident settles it).

8. Taz

Taz Registered User

Its a non contact league btw