Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I was wondering if anyone with experience from last year could comment. I'm graduating from University this spring and my parents would like to take me to a Capitals playoff game for my graduation present, now my question is how difficult is it to get tickets to the playoff games?

We would be able to be in Washington for the period of April 25th to May 1st, so from looking at last year's playoff schedule and the fact the playoffs begin on April 13th this would include potentially game seven of the first round (if it went that far) and the first game of the second round (if they make it) and potentially game two of the second round.

If game 7 of the first round doesn't fall within that period (or it doesn't go that far) or the Capitals don't have home ice advantage for the 2nd round or don't make it that far ( :rant: ) then I would not be going.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
So I've been in DC for 2 days visiting PhD programs at Georgetown and Catholic University and deciding which one I want to attend. I know I can't afford to live by Georgetown and I don't want to live by Catholic. :laugh:

So where are a couple of good areas in DC to get an apartment in a safe part of town with access to Metro? I've heard Columbia Heights and Mt. Pleasant are good neighborhoods...keep in mind that Universities are perhaps the only establishments that believe people can live on a yearly income that is below the poverty line. :teach2:

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated folks! :)

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
So I've been in DC for 2 days visiting PhD programs at Georgetown and Catholic University and deciding which one I want to attend. I know I can't afford to live by Georgetown and I don't want to live by Catholic. :laugh:

So where are a couple of good areas in DC to get an apartment in a safe part of town with access to Metro? I've heard Columbia Heights and Mt. Pleasant are good neighborhoods...keep in mind that Universities are perhaps the only establishments that believe people can live on a yearly income that is below the poverty line. :teach2:

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated folks! :)

I'd avoid living in DC all together. Northern Virginia is cheaper, and much of it Metro-accessible. Arlington is typically the hot spot for yuppies and students. If you end up choosing Georgetown, the Rosslyn neighborhood of Arlington is right across the Key Bridge from Georgetown. Plenty of people make that walk daily for work/school/going out. Ballston, Courthouse, Crystal City and Pentagon City are other Arlington options. Old Town Alexandria is another nice area (one I'm partial to), but it's an older crowd, and the Metro isn't as prevalent. It really depends what kind of "scene" you're looking for.

CarolinaCapsFan

May 26, 2005
NC
Playoff Ticket Questions

I'm a Caps fan currently living in North Carolina and I'm planning on going to DC for the long Easter weekend. We are staying at the Hampton Inn near the Convention Center which is supposed to be within walking distance from the Verizon Center. Is anyone familiar with the location?

Also, I'm looking forward to taking my son to his first hockey game (living in NC I frequent the RBC Center when the Caps are in town but I'm determined that his first game will be in DC). I'm hoping that a game 5 with land on either April 22nd, 23rd or 24th. Will first round tickets be available to the general public and if not, what would be the best source? Also, I know the Caps limit ticket sales to out of town area codes when the Pens, Flyers and such are in town. Any word on if they will do this for Carolina?

Thanks everyone.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
There will not be a ticket sale for the general public. Your best bet is Stubhub, but be prepared to pay out the butt. It will be the playoffs. The cheapest tickets on Stubhub right now are $84 a pop.

East Goalie

Jun 16, 2008
Tailgating in DC - Possible?

Is it possible to tailgate in DC? I found the old convention center parking lot on Google maps (across from the Grand Hyatt) - it's pretty big. Can a car or two set up shop with a few chairs and drink beer in brown paper bags there for a couple hours before Friday's game? Or are cops all over the open container laws? Also what about firing up a small grill?

Thanks in advance for any advice guys...

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Is it possible to tailgate in DC? I found the old convention center parking lot on Google maps (across from the Grand Hyatt) - it's pretty big. Can a car or two set up shop with a few chairs and drink beer in brown paper bags there for a couple hours before Friday's game? Or are cops all over the open container laws? Also what about firing up a small grill?

Thanks in advance for any advice guys...

The lot as of a few weeks ago is no longer a parking lot :(

Thndrstm

Apr 11, 2009
tix for tonights game

I am a STH with 2 extra tickets for tonights game I can't use. Sec 423 Row P. I will sell them at my cost. I can send you the confirmation email from the caps as proof. Can either meet you near Camp Springs MD or near Fairfax or email them after Paypal payment.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
Looking to make my first Caps playoff game this year! Just moved up to the area recently. If anyone has an extra ticket they are trying to sell or get rid of, please send me a message. Thanks!

CarolinaCapsFan

May 26, 2005
NC
I'm a Caps fan currently living in North Carolina and I'm planning on going to DC for the long Easter weekend. We are staying at the Hampton Inn near the Convention Center which is supposed to be within walking distance from the Verizon Center. Is anyone familiar with the location?

Also, I'm looking forward to taking my son to his first hockey game (living in NC I frequent the RBC Center when the Caps are in town but I'm determined that his first game will be in DC). I'm hoping that a game 5 with land on either April 22nd, 23rd or 24th. Will first round tickets be available to the general public and if not, what would be the best source? Also, I know the Caps limit ticket sales to out of town area codes when the Pens, Flyers and such are in town. Any word on if they will do this for Carolina?

Thanks everyone.

We're still looking at ticket options. Does anyone have 3 upper level tickets for Saturday available? PM me if so...

Das Uber

Kitten Mittens
Feb 4, 2007
Omicron Persei 8
Anyone have two for game two? Hoping to make the trip down on Sunday. After seeing that crowd in the first round, I've decided this is something i have to experience in person.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Season ticket holders....

Can anyone verify if Caps season ticket holders were given access to Winter Classic Tickets before a public onsale? Thankyou.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Thank you. Were they guaranteed tickets if they wanted, or did it go to a lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad