Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I’d take Club over upper bowl any day, but yeah lower bowl preferred overall.

How I miss my section 103 row G seats with an aisle sometimes.....sigh....

I got them for about 300 dollars for the pair. A little bit more than I wanted to spend but I am section 211 row E. Seems like a good time. Last time I visited I was in the upper bowl at center ice, this will certainly be different.

@Calicaps I read some reviews and people said the high rows in the 100s are great but the 200s are also good, so I feel like I should be fine. So long as I can see well and enjoy the game and fun/festivities I'll be happy. What type of stuff is offered in the 200s? I bought them figuring it was just an in between of the upper and lower bowls but people have said in some reviews there are more amenities, but weren't very descriptive.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I got them for about 300 dollars for the pair. A little bit more than I wanted to spend but I am section 211 row E. Seems like a good time. Last time I visited I was in the upper bowl at center ice, this will certainly be different.

@Calicaps I read some reviews and people said the high rows in the 100s are great but the 200s are also good, so I feel like I should be fine. So long as I can see well and enjoy the game and fun/festivities I'll be happy. What type of stuff is offered in the 200s? I bought them figuring it was just an in between of the upper and lower bowls but people have said in some reviews there are more amenities, but weren't very descriptive.
You'll have a blast. 200s have exclusive food options and a nice bar, but I've not been there much and not in a long time. Normally, I follow my dad's #1 hockey rule: ass hits seat when puck hits ice...but I think in your case, get in early and explore.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
You'll have a blast. 200s have exclusive food options and a nice bar, but I've not been there much and not in a long time. Normally, I follow my dad's #1 hockey rule: ass hits seat when puck hits ice...but I think in your case, get in early and explore.
Agree with the rule and that's how I also go. I do intend to get there and take a look around. I tried to combine a new experience with enjoying a game at a place I really like. Really looking forward to it. Just a couple more days now.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Hi guys, I'll visit you on October 18 for the Caps / Rangers game. I'll be on the 119 if you want to take a beer with us.

I plan to go the Redskins also. Should I wait a bit more to access to better price or it doesnt realy matter at this point? We wish to be on the lower level somewhere between the 15 yards lines.

About the parking, should I pay there or maybe we could access to better deal on the net or elsewhere?

Lumpy Grits

Sep 30, 2019
Seeking some fantasy info...

Are placing Copley on waivers and not resigning Holtby this offseason signs that the organization is considering having Samsonov take over next year? Or are they kind of trying him out this year to gain more info (or leverage) when deciding what to do with Holtby? Or both? I’ve heard nothing but glowing reports about the kid.

Do you think the Caps ideal situation would be to resign Holtby and have them both split time? Would Holtby command to much?

I’m in a rebuild year in a keeper league so I’m considering stashing Samsonov and maybe using a keeper spot on him after this year. Any info (or pointing me towards a thread with this discussion) would be appreciated. Thanks.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Seeking some fantasy info...

Are placing Copley on waivers and not resigning Holtby this offseason signs that the organization is considering having Samsonov take over next year? Or are they kind of trying him out this year to gain more info (or leverage) when deciding what to do with Holtby? Or both? I’ve heard nothing but glowing reports about the kid.

Do you think the Caps ideal situation would be to resign Holtby and have them both split time? Would Holtby command to much?

I’m in a rebuild year in a keeper league so I’m considering stashing Samsonov and maybe using a keeper spot on him after this year. Any info (or pointing me towards a thread with this discussion) would be appreciated. Thanks.

This is almost certainly Holtby's last season in DC. Samsonov will be the starter next year.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wow did not realize that it was more certain than not. Do you think the main factor in all of this is Samsonov’s talent?

Samsonov's talent, the cap situation in DC, and Holtby's age. Vasilevski and Bobrovsky signed $9.5mm/year and $10mm/year contracts, respectively, this past summer and Holtby has comparable numbers (and a Cup) so it's likely he'll command a contract of at least $8mm/year on the open market. Holtby will be 31 at the start of next season and that's a lot of money to pay a goaltender on the back nine of his career. Holtby has also said he won't take a big discount -- and he shouldn't -- as it wouldn't be fair to other players.

The Caps are perennially up against the salary cap and can't afford to keep Holtby if they want to keep this window open. Backstrom is a UFA this summer and he'll likely get a raise from the $6.7mm/year he's getting now, and Ovechkin needs a new contract next summer, as will Vrana. The writing is pretty much on the wall; this will be Holtby's last year in DC.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Need suggestions for Bars and restaurants near the arena for tomorrow's game... or if a good banf play there, we could join the show

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Hey everyone. I was wondering in the season ticket holders here can help me out. I took my kid to his first game at Capital One Arena on Friday and I'm looking for some of the hard tickets on STH stock to have as a keep sake. I usually frame some along with a photo or two from the game.

If you have some you don't mind dropping in the mail, please message me.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad