Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Canes fan coming in peace.

Recently moved to the DC area and I'll be going to my first game at Capital One tomorrow. I'll be in the lower levels.

What are the odds of me getting beer dumped on me if I wear Canes gear?

Haven't had that issue at any hockey games before, but I have for other sports, so I thought I'd ask.

PS: Can we agree to make the game a three point game no matter who wins? I don't think we're challenging you guys for your spot, and a three point game would carry you guys further from Pittsburgh while bringing us closer to them.

Apologies you didn’t get the points but I hope you had a nice time at Cap One! You have a lot of Canes fans in DC today.

Sep 19, 2008
Did anyone pre-order their playoff tickets yet? I'm in the presale but not really motivated to buy any extra tickets, don't know the days yet. May be more motivated when we know more about when these teams play.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, I thought the same thing. WTH am I supposed to do with a presale this early? Skipped it.

Not an easy call with limited information, but imo picking a game or two could be worth the investment. Unless Pgh and Aisles win out, Caps have home ice. Figure G1 will be Wed or Th (in 2018 it was Th), G2 Fri/Sat/Sun (2018, Sun). Skip G1, go for G2. G5 if necessary likely the following Fri/Sat (2018, Sat). Best choices then would be G2 or G3.

R1 probably opponent won't be a big draw like the Rags or Flyers would've been, but a rivalry is developing with Cbus, and Canes will be a tough out. otoh, the buying public may decide to save their $$ until later rounds.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I come in peace, lol.

I'm trying to decode these stubhub ticket labels lol and was wondering if someone might be able to help me out? Can anyone explain to me --for the love of all things good and pure--wth "loge preferred" seats are? for some reason i've had a hard time determining this through the basic google search. are they quasi-private or something? thanks for any info!

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I come in peace, lol.

I'm trying to decode these stubhub ticket labels lol and was wondering if someone might be able to help me out? Can anyone explain to me --for the love of all things good and pure--wth "loge preferred" seats are? for some reason i've had a hard time determining this through the basic google search. are they quasi-private or something? thanks for any info!

A better guide may exist, but this link https://www.nhl.com/capitals/club-red-365#pricing will (should) give you all the seating location names as well as their nominal prices for the regular season. The loge seats are on the higher portion of the lower level ends, and usually priced accordingly (i.e., the cheapest of the lowers).

Zok3791

Apr 18, 2019
Good morning everyone. I've lurked on the boards for some time but had not registered until today. We are a big Rangers family but even bigger hockey family. We'll travel anywhere for a good game, which is why when I was offered free Game 5 tickets for Saturday night, we jumped on them and will make the trip down from NY.

In terms of logistics, I'm totally in the dark and looking to see if you could please shed some light on a few questions I have:

1) Parking- I have a parking pass, but wonder if it's a complete nightmare to leave the game afterwards, or do a good amount of fans instead use the metro to/from the game? We may have a hotel in southern VA for the night of the game, and I'm wondering if it's going to take me 2 hours just to leave the lot.

2) Game day- we normally get to any hockey game for warm-ups and try to get down by the glass. Can you do the same thing here even if you don't hold tickets for that section? We are sitting in 120 but my boys like to see the players up close during warm-ups.

3) For an 8PM puck drop, what time would you expect that the gates open? How soon before the game are the warm-ups? For us, it's normally 30 mins prior.

4) Anything that we might want to make sure we don't miss either inside or outside of the stadium?

Thanks again for any tips or feedback you might have. Hoping to see the Caps take the series on Saturday night!

Sep 19, 2008
There's a thread for out of town people or game visiting discussion.

I wouldn't park in the city as it can be difficult to navigate, although I've done it a few times. Your decision. I'm a Metro guy but if you want to park in the city get the Parking Panda app or SpotHero. Then you can buy parking on your phone and scan it. A lot of people use Metro so if you can find a local stop and park there then you can just ride the Metro in or out. It won't take two hours to leave a Metro lot.

You can see warm ups but you have to go early. Be in line about 30 minutes before gates open (aka 1:30 before the game start time) and you should be fine.

Gates always open one hour before. 6:45 if you have the Capital One card.

The warmups happen when the clock on the scoreboard hits 16. So basically, when you come in, the clock on the scoreboard may read 60 minutes.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Good morning everyone. I've lurked on the boards for some time but had not registered until today. We are a big Rangers family but even bigger hockey family. We'll travel anywhere for a good game, which is why when I was offered free Game 5 tickets for Saturday night, we jumped on them and will make the trip down from NY.

In terms of logistics, I'm totally in the dark and looking to see if you could please shed some light on a few questions I have:

1) Parking- I have a parking pass, but wonder if it's a complete nightmare to leave the game afterwards, or do a good amount of fans instead use the metro to/from the game? We may have a hotel in southern VA for the night of the game, and I'm wondering if it's going to take me 2 hours just to leave the lot.

2) Game day- we normally get to any hockey game for warm-ups and try to get down by the glass. Can you do the same thing here even if you don't hold tickets for that section? We are sitting in 120 but my boys like to see the players up close during warm-ups.

3) For an 8PM puck drop, what time would you expect that the gates open? How soon before the game are the warm-ups? For us, it's normally 30 mins prior.

4) Anything that we might want to make sure we don't miss either inside or outside of the stadium?

Thanks again for any tips or feedback you might have. Hoping to see the Caps take the series on Saturday night!

Welcome! I recommend checking out [Mod] Post #11 is where a lot of the information is organized but it's near 40 pages of info and questions for people coming to check out a game in DC. Hopefully you have a great time on Saturday and you get to watch the Caps punch their ticket to Round Two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

A hotel in SOUTHERN VA? Are you sure about that? Southern Virginia is about 4 hours from DC. Are you sure you don't mean Northern VA? Southern MD?

Reactions: calicapsfan

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hello friends,

I am coming to visit for game 5. My friend is a Caps fan big time so we're taking a trip. Do they still hand out like t-shirts and towels and whatnot? I like to collect mementos from every game/arena I visit and this one has been on the list a while.

My other question is this: Is it feasible to park at a subway station on like the red line and just take the train in and out? We'd get to southern MD/VA around 12-1 and would probably start to go back home around 11/12. I know the subway doesn't run 24/7 and I am not sure about MARC.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hello friends,

I am coming to visit for game 5. My friend is a Caps fan big time so we're taking a trip. Do they still hand out like t-shirts and towels and whatnot? I like to collect mementos from every game/arena I visit and this one has been on the list a while.

My other question is this: Is it feasible to park at a subway station on like the red line and just take the train in and out? We'd get to southern MD/VA around 12-1 and would probably start to go back home around 11/12. I know the subway doesn't run 24/7 and I am not sure about MARC.

The giveaway for G5 hasn't been announced yet (I don't think) but in the past they've done towels or light up batons. T-shirts haven't been a thing recently, unfortunately.

Metro closes at 1am so you should be fine unless the game goes to multiple OTs. You should check the station details before deciding which station to park at because not all stations have parking on site but yeah, taking the Metro is the way to go. DC will be a zoo on Saturday night and driving/parking will suck. Capital One Arena is on top of Gallery Place Metro and is serviced by the Red, Yellow, and Green lines. It's super easy to navigate in and out of and definitely my preferred way of traveling to and from the games.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The giveaway for G5 hasn't been announced yet (I don't think) but in the past they've done towels or light up batons. T-shirts haven't been a thing recently, unfortunately.

Metro closes at 1am so you should be fine unless the game goes to multiple OTs. You should check the station details before deciding which station to park at because not all stations have parking on site but yeah, taking the Metro is the way to go. DC will be a zoo on Saturday night and driving/parking will suck. Capital One Arena is on top of Gallery Place Metro and is serviced by the Red, Yellow, and Green lines. It's super easy to navigate in and out of and definitely my preferred way of traveling to and from the games.
Thanks! I think we're going to park at Rockville on the red line, that was my friend's suggestion. It shows 524 spaces so I think I'd be good. Really excited to visit and broke out my eagle Kolzig jersey.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Hey everyone,

Bruins fan coming in peace. I am moving down to Washington next weekend for the summer after accepting an internship in Arlington. I am wondering if you guys know of good hockey or Boston bars in Washington, DC to enjoy the Cup Finals. Thank you!

Also, I am thinking of being involved in some roller hockey this summer, so if you know any areas that have pickup roller hockey please let me know! - Branden

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Hello everyone, hope I am in the right place.

My season ticket group has an opening for a five-game share for a pair of tickets in Section 203 (Club Level - Caps shoot 2x)
Our seats are in Row F ... it is the sixth and last row of this relatively small section, which means you get a ledge behind the row to put your purse or overcoat, and nobody's kicking the back of your seat or telling you to sit down if you want to stand.
Tickets are about $120/each ... the five-game share runs about $1200 (5 games x 2 tix x $120) and will include a free exhibition game if you join.

We allocate tickets by snake draft so everyone gets at least some preferred games. It's a pretty stable group and trading games happens pretty frequently when it turns out someone can't go to a particular game that they picked.

Playoff tickets are available in proportion to shares, and I'm often able to use STH priority to get extras for those that want them, especially in early rounds.

LMK if you are interested and we can figure out how to connect by phone / email / text.

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Hi all. A group of three of us are coming over from the UK in March to see the Isles and caps. We're gonna be in Washington for the Chicago and Edmonton games mid march.

I can see some ticket availability on stubhub / ticketmaster etc. Are official single game tickets released yet? Should we hold off or get tickets now?

Looking for decent tickets around 150-200 each it seems for lower tier access.

All advice welcomed!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Coming for the opener with my friend! What is the Acela level like? When I go to Ranger games I am usually in the middle of the 100s. I don't really have something to compare it with. Are seats in the 200s some type of club or is it just another normal section?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Coming for the opener with my friend! What is the Acela level like? When I go to Ranger games I am usually in the middle of the 100s. I don't really have something to compare it with. Are seats in the 200s some type of club or is it just another normal section?

Club level seems pretty sweet. Spent a lot of games at the 100 level and 400 level but always look envious on 50 yard line club level seats (holy grail imho).

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Is that was the 200s are? The views just look great. I don't want to he boxed off from the crowd or anything though.

Club level seems pretty sweet. Spent a lot of games at the 100 level and 400 level but always look envious on 50 yard line club level seats (holy grail imho).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’d take Club over upper bowl any day, but yeah lower bowl preferred overall.

How I miss my section 103 row G seats with an aisle sometimes.....sigh....

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad