Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
So is SpotHero a legit site to use for finding cheap parking? Im coming down at 2:30ish on the March 7th to 10th and the best deal I'm seeing is $52 at City Center Garage at 870 9th St. NW. I know once I park my Car there I can't exit it till Sunday I'm just curious if its safe there and I'm not gonna get ripped off haha. Should I book now or wait a bit?

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
So is SpotHero a legit site to use for finding cheap parking? Im coming down at 2:30ish on the March 7th to 10th and the best deal I'm seeing is $52 at City Center Garage at 870 9th St. NW. I know once I park my Car there I can't exit it till Sunday I'm just curious if its safe there and I'm not gonna get ripped off haha. Should I book now or wait a bit?

I’ve used SpotHero through Parking Panda quite a few times for parking around the Anthem or 930 Club and never had an issue. I don’t know anything about the specific garage you are asking about though but would assume it’s fine.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD

SpotHero is legitimate. I'm not familiar with that garage but it is near (just south of) the Convention Center.

One other museum I recommend, though it isn't free, is the Newseum.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Hello my DCites, my friend and I are planning a trip to your neck of the woods sometime in the Spring and wondering what are the go-to sites (even if are they touristy) and what sites should we avoid? I would consider us both pretty fascinated by history so we got some of the Smithsonians listed down like the Nature and Air/Space as of now. How good is their museum about American History? Also how is their zoo?

- Another question I have is what should I know about the underground?

- Any other spots I should cheque out like the Spy Museum?

- Any local joints not far that serve awesome food?

- Anything else I need to know before going there?

Thanks, lads and lassies!

I mentioned the Newseum (IMO, the best museum in DC) in the post above this one, though that is not a free museum. The Natural History and Air and Space Museums (both free) are good too.

Food-wise, this will sound slightly strange, but if you like burgers and don't live in a place that has Shake Shack, go to Shake Shack. Their burgers are heaven. Another place I recommend if you like breakfast food is Ted's Bulletin. Nando's Peri-Peri has excellent grilled chicken. Hill County Barbeque on 7th Street NW is good too.

With Metrorail (i.e. what DC calls its subway or underground rail network), the thing to know is that there are no express tracks and there sometimes are partial closures or single-tracking sections on weekends so the transit provider (WMATA) can do long term maintenance. Additionally, unlike most subways in the U.S., fares are distance-based.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hey guys Flyers fan here,
I am a season ticket member and recently my lower lever seats were absorbed in a big renovation project at the Wells Fargo center. On top of that, they are raising ticket prices across the board. I am debating keeping the new replacement seats, but only if I think I can break even on them.
I’d really like to know:
Do you have lower level season tickets?
Do you break even in regular season or with playoffs?
Would you have broken even if you went to most of the games?
Thanks! Very much appreciate it!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hey guys Flyers fan here,
I am a season ticket member and recently my lower lever seats were absorbed in a big renovation project at the Wells Fargo center. On top of that, they are raising ticket prices across the board. I am debating keeping the new replacement seats, but only if I think I can break even on them.
I’d really like to know:
Do you have lower level season tickets?
Do you break even in regular season or with playoffs?
Would you have broken even if you went to most of the games?
Thanks! Very much appreciate it!
My family has lower level seats. They are some of the best at Cap One, but they cost a f***ing fortune. Not sure what you mean by breaking even in this context but we sell a lot and use a lot. It comes out to be worth it to keep a 44 year family tradition alive.

Reactions: Roman Fell

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My family has lower level seats. They are some of the best at Cap One, but they cost a ****ing fortune. Not sure what you mean by breaking even in this context but we sell a lot and use a lot. It comes out to be worth it to keep a 44 year family tradition alive.
If you sold all of the tickets would you get all or more of your money back?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
If you sold all of the tickets would you get all or more of your money back?
So I did this with my uppers when I had a kid. First year I sold most of my regular season tickets was 2015-16 and I did make money. The next season, however, I think the fan base was sick and tired of another playoff failure, and I had trouble selling most games. So definitely hit or miss depending on the mood of fans at large.

Deadweight

Apr 20, 2014
New York, NY
Hey gents,

Coming in peace. I'm on vacation in DC and am going to be buying some caps gear.(hopefully the hockey gods will forgive me) what's the best selection and price in the city?

Appreciate the help!!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Hey gents,

Coming in peace. I'm on vacation in DC and am going to be buying some caps gear.(hopefully the hockey gods will forgive me) what's the best selection and price in the city?

Appreciate the help!!
Go to the team store at the arena. Probably not the best prices but the best selection. You can enter from the street without having a ticket. Good amount of bars/restaurants in that area so you grab a bite/drink after you pick up some gear. If you are just looking for an Ovi jersey or other basic stuff find the closest Dicks Sporting Goods - probably cheaper. Might have to travel to VA/MD for that though. Enjoy your time in DC.

Last edited:

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Hey gents,

Appreciate the help!!
That Capitals practice facility is actually in Arlington, VA so your only real option will be the team store Truthfully though if you're looking for the best price you're better off buying online.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The wife and I are going to be coming down to DC Sunday to catch a game. We usually drive to the farthest metro station to PA and take the metro into the arena. Currently looking at riding in from Shady Grove on the red line or Greenbelt on the green line. Greenbelt is 15 minutes farther from us, but my question is is it worth it to go there since there’s less stops?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
The wife and I are going to be coming down to DC Sunday to catch a game. We usually drive to the farthest metro station to PA and take the metro into the arena. Currently looking at riding in from Shady Grove on the red line or Greenbelt on the green line. Greenbelt is 15 minutes farther from us, but my question is is it worth it to go there since there’s less stops?
Yes. You'll likely save more than that 15 minutes on the ride. Pretty sure Greenbelt has more parking as well.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The other thing I'd research is if there is any scheduled track maintenance on the Red or Green Lines that could slow things down. Last time I was in DC the Yellow Line was a mess and we had to take a shuttle which added like 30 minutes to our trip.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Yellow line from Springfield sobers you up after games due to all the delays.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Hey gents,

Appreciate the help!!

You can also go to Modell's Sporting Goods. Most locations aren't Metrorail-accessible but some are, including locations at Columbia Heights (Green/Yellow Line), Bethesda (Red Line), and Pentagon City (Blue/Yellow Line).

Reactions: Deadweight
Dec 30, 2013
Canes fan coming in peace.

Recently moved to the DC area and I'll be going to my first game at Capital One tomorrow. I'll be in the lower levels.

What are the odds of me getting beer dumped on me if I wear Canes gear?

Haven't had that issue at any hockey games before, but I have for other sports, so I thought I'd ask.

PS: Can we agree to make the game a three point game no matter who wins? I don't think we're challenging you guys for your spot, and a three point game would carry you guys further from Pittsburgh while bringing us closer to them.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010

You're probably right. I don't think I've ever seen it done at a Caps game - with the exception of the loss in the Tampa series when the beer containers rained down onto the ice.

A high level of obnoxiousness on the part of the questioner coupled with a poor performance by the home team might push a Caps fan over the edge. Personally, I wouldn't waste a $15 beer but other ticketholders might feel differently.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
You're probably right. I don't think I've ever seen it done at a Caps game - with the exception of the loss in the Tampa series when the beer containers rained down onto the ice.

A high level of obnoxiousness on the part of the questioner coupled with a poor performance by the home team might push a Caps fan over the edge. Personally, I wouldn't waste a $15 beer but other ticketholders might feel differently.
All of this plus the possible drunken accident. Malicious beer-spilling isn't really a CapOne thing.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Canes fan coming in peace.

Recently moved to the DC area and I'll be going to my first game at Capital One tomorrow. I'll be in the lower levels.

What are the odds of me getting beer dumped on me if I wear Canes gear?

Haven't had that issue at any hockey games before, but I have for other sports, so I thought I'd ask.

PS: Can we agree to make the game a three point game no matter who wins? I don't think we're challenging you guys for your spot, and a three point game would carry you guys further from Pittsburgh while bringing us closer to them.

I realize it is after the fact, but I've attended most Devils games in DC since 2013 and never have had a problem with bad fans in DC (except at the game earlier this month where the guy sitting in front of me was leaning forward in his seat for the whole game, blocking my view just to the left of the goal - I was sitting behind the net in the upper level - despite the fact I asked him to lean back after the 1st period). I've never had an issue as a road team fan with home team fans throwing food or drink on me at any other sports event in DC or anywhere else either, except some moron throwing peanut shells at me for maybe half an inning at an Orioles/Yankees game in the Bronx in September 2006 when I was wearing an Orioles shirt and Daniel Cabrera of all people almost no-hit the Yankees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad