Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I've got my hotel lined up. I assume no one wants to sell me a pair of good tickets to the November 7th game huh? Ticketmaster and Stubhub want to tack on 50-60 bucks PER TICKET in fees.

btfoom

Mar 5, 2010
Looking for one cheap ticket for 11/11 game (meeting friends in standing area). pm if you have one to sell

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hello my DCites, my friend and I are planning a trip to your neck of the woods sometime in the Spring and wondering what are the go-to sites (even if are they touristy) and what sites should we avoid? I would consider us both pretty fascinated by history so we got some of the Smithsonians listed down like the Nature and Air/Space as of now. How good is their museum about American History? Also how is their zoo?

- Another question I have is what should I know about the underground?

- Any other spots I should cheque out like the Spy Museum?

- Any local joints not far that serve awesome food?

- Anything else I need to know before going there?

Thanks, lads and lassies!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Hello my DCites, my friend and I are planning a trip to your neck of the woods sometime in the Spring and wondering what are the go-to sites (even if are they touristy) and what sites should we avoid? I would consider us both pretty fascinated by history so we got some of the Smithsonians listed down like the Nature and Air/Space as of now. How good is their museum about American History? Also how is their zoo?

- Another question I have is what should I know about the underground?

- Any other spots I should cheque out like the Spy Museum?

- Any local joints not far that serve awesome food?

- Anything else I need to know before going there?

Thanks, lads and lassies!
U Street Corridor is probably my go to spot for bars/restaurants if you are 30 plus years old. Adams Morgan if you want to hang around a bunch of drunk 20 somethings. H Street area if you want to hang around hipsters. Of course the Chinatown area if you are going to a Caps game. I'd stick to the Smithsonian Museums as far as history goes. The Metro (I assume this is what you mean by underground) will get you where you need to go if it's not of fire. The Zoo is pretty nice and free. All the areas I listed you can find info on via google. Enjoy.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Great thread love all the information. I am coming in March for a couple nights Thursday to Sunday any must see things or bars to go to? I am staying near the arena so any places that are close are always a plus! :)

Also any spots to park my vehicle near there for a couple days opposed to getting hit hard by the hotel rates?

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Great thread love all the information. I am coming in March for a couple nights Thursday to Sunday any must see things or bars to go to? I am staying near the arena so any places that are close are always a plus! :)

Also any spots to park my vehicle near there for a couple days opposed to getting hit hard by the hotel rates?

Definitely check out the museums in DC, especially if you haven't been here before. The Spy Museum and the Holocaust Museum I think are two you shouldn't miss for very different reasons. Though neither are free they're both worth the price of admission. All of the Smithsonians are terrific too... prioritize them based on your personal preference. My preference goes American History, Natural History, Air & Space.

DC is a food and drink city so you will have plenty of delicious spots to choose from. I would recommend spending at least one night away from the area right near the arena to get a feel of other neighborhoods outside of downtown. I am partial to Shaw (check out The Passenger if you go there) but there are an abundance of options on the 14th St / U St Corridor, in Adams Morgan (more of a younger crowd / party scene), or down on the revamped Waterfront near Nats Park.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I'm a huge fan of what they've done at the Wharf. Highly recommend, and there are constantly restaurant/bar openings.

Agreed. The Athem is a fantastic music venue and there are a number of great places to eat and drink in that area as you said. I’m down in that area a decent amount and always have a great time.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I moved to DC from Ottawa for work this summer. I Want to bring my kids (ages 5 and 7) to Sens - Caps on Feb 26. Few questions:

Is the view from the upper deck ends any worse than other arenas? Tickets in the $25 to $57 range up there that night.

Any sections better for families?

Anyone have a promo code for savings or cheap snacks or whatever?

Will we get hassled if we wear sens gear?

Thanks all.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
I moved to DC from Ottawa for work this summer. I Want to bring my kids (ages 5 and 7) to Sens - Caps on Feb 26. Few questions:

Is the view from the upper deck ends any worse than other arenas? Tickets in the $25 to $57 range up there that night.

Thanks all.

IDK about other arenas but I don't like the upper deck ends at C1C. Better to spend a little more for sides IMO.
If you have a Capital One credit card or bank card, you can go in the special entrance on the east side of the arena and they will often have a $5 voucher for food and drink for those entering that way (plus the line is shorter).
Arena is very chill for fans in opposing team sweaters b/c so many people come from elsewhere. Mostly welcoming vibe, unless you're drunkenly shouting "Holtby you suck" after your team scores a goal.
Enjoy!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Thanks all.

The upper deck anywhere including ends are just fine IMO if you can get within the first 2 rows. There’s no bad seat.

You won’t get hassled if you’re respectful in your away gear/cheering.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think Ottawa and DC are as far from rivals as two teams could possibly be so you’ll be fine, maybe a few lighthearted chirps. Probably not even that since you’ll have kids with you.

I don’t mind any seat in the building but it might be easier for your kids to follow the action from the first few rows in the upper deck if you can afford it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
The upper deck anywhere including ends are just fine IMO if you can get within the first 2 rows. There’s no bad seat.

You won’t get hassled if you’re respectful in your away gear/cheering.
I think you can eliminate the "if you can get within the first two rows" qualifier. The only bad seats in the house are at the very top, directly behind the goals, IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think you can eliminate the "if you can get within the first two rows" qualifier. The only bad seats in the house are at the very top, directly behind the goals, IMO.

First two rows you avoid the steep steps. Some may not like that climb. Me, I don’t mind, but it’s nice to be able to pivot and walk right out the concourse to the amenities. I had 407 B with a pair at the end of the isle one season. Loved those for uppers.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I honestly like the seats at the very top of the house (although I avoid behind the goals no matter what level I'm sitting at). If you're truly in the last row, you can sit (or stand) however you want without any concern about blocking people behind you. No more concerns about leaning forwards too much. Room to stretch and stand whenever you please.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
When I had season tix I had the Standing Room Only spots behind the goal where the caps shot twice in section 105. I loved those "seats". I don't mind standing and there was nobody behind you or directly in front of you. Sadly they are no longer offered b/c Ted though people were blocking the advertisements on the walls. Best thing about them were the price. Per ticket mine were $65 and you were at the top of the lower bowl. The people five feet in front of me with actual seats in the same section were paying practically double that.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Got 4 seats row J in the 400’s behind a net for sens on Feb 26. Did it at the box office while there for Monster Jam and saved almost $50 in fees compared to Ticketmaster online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad