Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Hey folks new member(live in Montgomery County), Wife and I have been Caps fan for the last oh 4-5 years, get to a few games a year, watch them religiously on TV.

Hoping to get some suggestions about good, ok great places in DC to watch a Caps game?

While watching the post game last night the wife and I noticed they showed a bar with alot of Caps fans cheering at the Ovi score and we thought that would be a nice environment to catch the game tomorrow in.

Looking for a place with a decent amount of fans (not super crowded so that you can't see what's going on), good food, good energy, etc.

Any suggestions?

I think they showed the Capitals viewing party at Yard House adjacent to Capital One Arena. I think the Caps can only do that once a series, and that was it. As to the original question, I don't know any, sorry.

Philkessel4prez

Oct 10, 2016
Long Island, NY
Isles fan coming in peace. Any idea when tickets for Finals games 3/4 go on sale to the general public? Trying to cross an item off my bucket list. thanks and congrats to all Caps fans.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
Isles fan coming in peace. Any idea when tickets for Finals games 3/4 go on sale to the general public? Trying to cross an item off my bucket list. thanks and congrats to all Caps fans.
Some resale tix are up on Ticket Exchange and other sites. Since we've not been in the Finals since '98, I have no idea how the Caps' public sales will run. Guessing there's a bunch of tix that the League and corporate types get to claim. For previous playoff series, season ticketholders have gotten a crack at a portion of the unsold tix prior to public sale. Again, timing on all that and quantities available are not public knowledge.

Sep 19, 2008

Guess is they go on sale Wednesday because us STH get a presale Tuesday. Anything left over from that should go public.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
If any caps fans are looking for a chance to witness history Thursday night, I have (2) extra bucket list tickets for GAME 5.

Watch Ovechkin hoist the Cup feet away and party the night and morning away on the Vegas Strip!

Section 17 / Row GS2 (between blue line and Knights goal), all-inclusive food, alcohol, parking, club access, etc.

Comparable seats are over $5,000 each on StubHub, and we would do far less with no fees. Guaranteed admission.

KenAF

Mar 27, 2008
Washington, DC
For the first time, I am seriously considering buying season tickets or a partial/half season ticket plan. The Caps site says partial season ticket plans for 2018-2019 are coming soon. I have three questions:

(1) What sort of partial season plans did the Caps offer for the 2017-2018 season?

(2) Do partial season plan holders receive purchase priority for playoff games (including SC finals)?

(3) Are season ticket holders guaranteed their [same] seats for the playoffs?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ted is really milking game 1 for all it's worth. He's putting a ~375% markup on every seat in the house, and those are the prices for season ticket holders.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I’d love to be there but $500 for the worst lower bowl seats is robbery. Dan Snyder would be proud.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hubby and I will be flying in. We have our 2 family seats in section 100 but needed 4 more so the whole fam can attend. So we blew off the presale where they charged a fortune and cut you off at 2 tix and bought a group in the 400s on StubHub. f*** 'em.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
Hubby and I will be flying in. We have our 2 family seats in section 100 but needed 4 more so the whole fam can attend. So we blew off the presale where they charged a fortune and cut you off at 2 tix and bought a group in the 400s on StubHub. **** 'em.

Close to the same here. Was looking for extras for my daughter and sil and found better on Ticket Exchange - even with ~25% in added fees - than thru the presale. Charging SC Finals prices for opening night, even with what could be a once-in-a-lifetime banner raising, is obscene.

Both sides, especially the owners', lost me during/after the last lockout. I kept my season tickets but now sell most of 'em so my in-person NHL hockey viewing is a more-or-less break-even experience.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Planning on attending my first Caps game in person for the October 13th game vs the leafs for my birthday. Any recommendations on how to score the best tickets for the best price? Should I go ahead and buy now or wait till it’s closer to game day?

Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Planning on attending my first Caps game in person for the October 13th game vs the leafs for my birthday. Any recommendations on how to score the best tickets for the best price? Should I go ahead and buy now or wait till it’s closer to game day?

Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated

I'd just keep checking ticketmaster and stubhub a couple times per day to see if a cheap pair pops up. I usually end up buying from ticketmaster. If you don't mind waiting it out, sometimes prices drop the day of the game too with people scrambling to get them sold.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Hey guys, Iʼm a die hard Caps fan so give me some good honest answers. :)

I'm flying into New Jersey. Spending A few days in NYC then driving to Washington. What area of town should I book my hotel in? Looks like it's quite a bit cheaper to stay in Arlington and take the metro into the city. Is there another part of town that's easier?

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, Iʼm a die hard Caps fan so give me some good honest answers. :)

I'm flying into New Jersey. Spending A few days in NYC then driving to Washington. What area of town should I book my hotel in? Looks like it's quite a bit cheaper to stay in Arlington and take the metro into the city. Is there another part of town that's easier?

On the VA side whether Orange or Blue it still looks like once line change over at Metro Center which is no big deal (not a regular metro rider so those that are feel free if i'm wrong). Other than Arlington stretch (Ballston, Clarendon, Rosslyn) which is orange line you could look at Pentagon City/Crystal City or Alexandria on the blueline. Going out as far as fall church on the orange maybe cheaper accommodations.

On the MD side looks like no change over for the redline so Bethesda or Silver Spring are options.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
Hi. How are morning skates on game days compare to regular practices on days without games? Is it worth going to the rink to watch?

I’ve been to regular practices between game days before and liked that but I would guess there’s less intensity during morning skates? Are they also shorter than regular practices? And obviously not everyone will necessarily be there.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->