Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Don't the Caps usually market some free pre-season tickets? Haven't seen any offers yet.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Mods, rules say posts must have tickets below face, so here they are.

2 tickets for 10/7 opener. $50 OBO. Best offer, for real. Trying to recover a little bit...

Section 413 Row H. From Monumental Account. Personal issue so I cannot go (women, man...)

PM me if interested!

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Hey All, guess this is the right spot. Heading into DC for the Avs game, any suggestions on good spots to park that are located close enough to the game but easy to get out of after? Looking to get there early in the day to see some of DC and head to bars too.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Looks like this thread doesn't see a lot of action but trying anyway.

Anyone know of a good place that might show the Pens/Leafs game on Saturday night? It's on NHL Network and CBC it looks like.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hey All, guess this is the right spot. Heading into DC for the Avs game, any suggestions on good spots to park that are located close enough to the game but easy to get out of after? Looking to get there early in the day to see some of DC and head to bars too.

There are over 800 posts in this thread with that kind of information if you don't get an immediate reply.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I'd park at a metro station for the day and take it to the Chinatown stop, or somewhere else you want to visit first and then Chinatown for the game.

Reactions: Lonewolfe2015

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'd park at a metro station for the day and take it to the Chinatown stop, or somewhere else you want to visit first and then Chinatown for the game.

Exactly the kind of suggestion I was looking for, much appreciated.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Metro is definitely easiest, unless you're close enough to Lyft/Uber. All of the lots are underground so getting out of them can be a pain. If you want to drive yourself I might suggest checking out Parking Panda... they allow you to reserve a parking space in a lot or a garage.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Hi!

I know these same questions has propably been answered more than few times in this same topic earlier, but would like to check for customized tips before reading it through. So decided to just ask myself anyways..

Im a big time Caps-fan coming from Finland to see the Caps play Canadiens mid through january. I actually was in D.C for one and a half day back in november 2012 just to see a home game but the lockout ruined that one. Got to see the walls of Verizon atleast..

So this is second time in the area and first time actually making it to the game. Coming up with a friend, just for one day. We are taking the train from NY, will be there at noon and stay the night, until we leave next morning back to NY.

Would like to hear if there is "must-to-see or experience" for a Capitals-fan or why not as a tourist aswell.? Done all the normal stuff during my last visit, white house etc, so mainly looking something outside the box :)

Like, if there is only one place you would recommend for one day visitors where to : eat, have couple beers, see something you dont get to see every day or in a tourist-photos, get some special Capitals hometown-feeling from.? Always better if you can combine most of the clicks into one spot, as there is really limited time to do much of anything.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hi!

I know these same questions has propably been answered more than few times in this same topic earlier, but would like to check for customized tips before reading it through. So decided to just ask myself anyways..

Im a big time Caps-fan coming from Finland to see the Caps play Canadiens mid through january. I actually was in D.C for one and a half day back in november 2012 just to see a home game but the lockout ruined that one. Got to see the walls of Verizon atleast..

So this is second time in the area and first time actually making it to the game. Coming up with a friend, just for one day. We are taking the train from NY, will be there at noon and stay the night, until we leave next morning back to NY.

Would like to hear if there is "must-to-see or experience" for a Capitals-fan or why not as a tourist aswell.? Done all the normal stuff during my last visit, white house etc, so mainly looking something outside the box :)

Like, if there is only one place you would recommend for one day visitors where to : eat, have couple beers, see something you dont get to see every day or in a tourist-photos, get some special Capitals hometown-feeling from.? Always better if you can combine most of the clicks into one spot, as there is really limited time to do much of anything.

If you could come in the morning, I would suggest watching a practice at Kettler. I've had as much fun watching practice at Kettler as I have watching the game at the Verizon Center.

As for the city, I'll let the DC residents answer that one :).

Njdevils22

Dec 14, 2013
From the little research that I did, I noticed that the Caps changed their ticket pricing and made the first 2(maybe 3) rows around the lower bowl “premium”seats and gave those ticket holders club access. Is this true? And do seats in section 100 row E qualify as “premium” seats?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hi!

How many/which museums did you go to during your last visit? The Smithsonian is really DC's best set of attractions, with the added bonus that they're all free. Pick out whichever museum(s) interest you the most and visit them. Personally, my favorite is the Air & Space Museum. If you don't mind paying for museums, there's also the Spy Museum, Newseum, and Holocaust Memorial Museum.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you go to a museum be prepared to deal with dozens of school buses full of kids in matching t-shirts clogging up the show

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Since you said you're looking for beer I recommend Right Proper Brewing if you want local beer. It's near a Metro stop and is a little bit away from the downtown area so you'll have a little more of a neighborhood feel to it. Fun place to stop before or after the game.

Bluejacket is another option that I've heard is good but I can't personally vouch for it.

ouendan1

Mar 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Hi everyone!

going to be in the area next weekend and figured I would take in Caps/Blues on Sunday. Do you know if stubhub is the way to go to get tickets? or should I look at a different avenue?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Since you said you're looking for beer I recommend Right Proper Brewing if you want local beer. It's near a Metro stop and is a little bit away from the downtown area so you'll have a little more of a neighborhood feel to it. Fun place to stop before or after the game.

Bluejacket is another option that I've heard is good but I can't personally vouch for it.

Bluejacket is a great spot, as is that entire area by Nats park. Whaley's is solid too but not exactly your typical pregame spot.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Thanks for the intakes!

I think ill look into finding the Rigt Proper Brewing or/and Blujeacket for a pit stop. Museums are propably gonna be a pass this time, as we have less than 24 hours in the city and have a lot of hockey and some drinking to do. :)

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
Anybody selling their tickets for Sunday's game against Vegas? It's my fiancé's birthday and she's been wanting to go to a game for a while.

Sep 19, 2008
Is anyone else going tomorrow to the Stadium Series game? I have parking available but tickets are through the roof. Nuts. 265 right now.

DarienAL

May 2, 2018
Hey folks new member(live in Montgomery County), Wife and I have been Caps fan for the last oh 4-5 years, get to a few games a year, watch them religiously on TV.

Hoping to get some suggestions about good, ok great places in DC to watch a Caps game?

While watching the post game last night the wife and I noticed they showed a bar with alot of Caps fans cheering at the Ovi score and we thought that would be a nice environment to catch the game tomorrow in.

Looking for a place with a decent amount of fans (not super crowded so that you can't see what's going on), good food, good energy, etc.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad