Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Leafs fan coming in peace!

Very excited to play you guys this series. I'm heading down with a group of friends for the Saturday game, and will be making a weekend out of it as none of us have been to DC. We have a hotel very close to the arena and I'm looking for some good recommendations on friendly bars for us to hang out at pre-game on Saturday, ideally with a patio if the weather is good. Anything in the immediate arena district that people would recommend?

In terms of some of the not so obvious tourist spots, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Leafs fan coming in peace!

Very excited to play you guys this series. I'm heading down with a group of friends for the Saturday game, and will be making a weekend out of it as none of us have been to DC. We have a hotel very close to the arena and I'm looking for some good recommendations on friendly bars for us to hang out at pre-game on Saturday, ideally with a patio if the weather is good. Anything in the immediate arena district that people would recommend?

In terms of some of the not so obvious tourist spots, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Check out Posts 9-15.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have been to an NHL playoff game every year since 2011 and am tempted to take MegaBus from NY to DC for Thursday to keep my streak alive. Know they got rid of printed tickets, what's the cheapest way to get a single ticket? Is there a StubHub LMP center near the venue where I could pick up a physical ticket?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
How is traffic leaving the game? Should we park away and train it in? Or can you make a pretty quick getaway?

Most of the parking in the area is garages. It will take you a while to get out of the garages and the blocks immediately surrounding them. But after that, it's not particularly any worse than typical downtown traffic. Certainly better than some arenas where everyone is leaving the same lot and going onto the same couple highway ramps.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
I would definitely recommend parking at a metro station and taking the train to the game.

I like parking at the day lot at Reagan National and then taking the metro in. Although I am sure there are countless other lots you could park in and then metro into the arena.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Hey all - any bit of advice would be great! My gf and I are traveling down for Game 5 and sightseeing that week (hope they make it even if its a game where the Caps eliminate the Leafs!). We're driving down and are staying by where the National Geographic Museum is. How's the traffic around there? We're probably going to walk to the arena from there but I'm just worried about driving in. Is it usually congested? Is there a certain time when we should drive in?

Thanks!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'd just try to avoid rush hour driving into the city to minimize traffic. It'll be congested no matter what but shouldn't be too bad if you avoid rush hour. I'd plan on walking and using the Metro as much as possible rather than driving during your stay. Have fun, it's a great city with tons to do!

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I'd just try to avoid rush hour driving into the city to minimize traffic. It'll be congested no matter what but shouldn't be too bad if you avoid rush hour. I'd plan on walking and using the Metro as much as possible rather than driving during your stay. Have fun, it's a great city with tons to do!

Thanks! I'm definitely looking to the museums and such, plus Ive heard the cherry blossoms are nice around this time of year

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Those are great. We revived the landscaper one for a recent GDT.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
Where would you guys recommend going for a drink before and after games? And do you have any recommendations to where to watch game 3 downtown next Monday? Flying in for the two first games and will be staying till Tuesday next week.

Is it free to attend Caps practices at Kettler? Just walking straight in?

Thanks

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hei Paddis. I usually go to Clyde's of Gallery Place before and after the game, since it is right next to Verizon. 3 bars, and lots of restaurant seating. Where to watch game 3, I would say it depends on where you are staying.

Kettler is indeed free to walk into, just proceed to the top floor where the 2 ice rinks are located.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
Hei Paddis. I usually go to Clyde's of Gallery Place before and after the game, since it is right next to Verizon. 3 bars, and lots of restaurant seating. Where to watch game 3, I would say it depends on where you are staying.

Kettler is indeed free to walk into, just proceed to the top floor where the 2 ice rinks are located.
Thanks! I'm actually staying in Chinatown so anywhere within a quick walk would be great for a place to watch game 3.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks! I'm actually staying in Chinatown so anywhere within a quick walk would be great for a place to watch game 3.

Clyde's maybe for game 3 then ;)

You will likely find a good place nearby for game 3, but if not you can hop onto our Metro or Uber and explore other areas.

If you are interested in the NBA, Washington's team is in the playoffs with a game possibly at Verizon on Sunday. http://www.nba.com/wizards/schedule/

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anybody have the full playoff pricing sheet for the VIP club in the playoffs?

Also, if you buy rows A - D straight off ticketmaster or at the box office, does it automatically come with Etihad Lounge access? Want to make sure that's not just a season ticket holder benefit

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Note that we are not here to facilitate ticket sales or scalping. Fans can exchange tickets at or below face value only. Prices must be listed in the post. Modifying prices for any reason other than a clear mistake in the listing is forbidden. Directly soliciting, or spamming multiple members, via the site messenger is prohibited. Transactions should not be conducted in threads other than to remove/edit a post when the ticket is no longer available, and HF assumes no liability for any aspect of any transactions.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anybody have the full playoff pricing sheet for the VIP club in the playoffs?

Also, if you buy rows A - D straight off ticketmaster or at the box office, does it automatically come with Etihad Lounge access? Want to make sure that's not just a season ticket holder benefit

So it seems like they renamed the Etihad Lounge the MGM Lounge, is that right? I also see that there are other seating locations that get the same benefit, not just the first 4 rows. So same question, do you need to buy those straight from the team or do the ticketmaster equivalents come with the lounge

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey guys - couple of Qs. I was looking to get some tickets this season since I work in Chinatown.

What's the best section in the house?

When do single game tickets go on sale?

Any "rules of the road" I should know?

Thanks.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Hi,
Does anyone know when the tickets to the outdoor game come on sale? And where?
I don't see that game listed in Ticketmaster.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->