Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Which would you guys recommend:

Section 120, row C
Section 101, row D
Section 121, row R

The prices are all the same. 120 would be near the Caps bench and where the Caps warm up, but 101 would be where the Caps attack twice. Neither one would have a very good view of the other side of the ice, but they're both super close to the action. 121 would have a much better view of the entire ice (though is still behind the players benches), but it's hard to justify paying the same price to sit 15ish rows farther up.

Any recommendations?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
121 Row R if you actually want to watch the hockey game. You already noted the issues with rows C and D, particularly on the side of the ice with the benches.

You can go down to a lower row to watch warm-ups if you get there early enough; note, most games there's a very big crowd/mob for warm-ups on the Caps end.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
121 Row R if you actually want to watch the hockey game. You already noted the issues with rows C and D, particularly on the side of the ice with the benches.

You can go down to a lower row to watch warm-ups if you get there early enough; note, most games there's a very big crowd/mob for warm-ups on the Caps end.

is R high enough to see over the benches?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Quad I'd recommend that you choose. Pretty much cant go wrong as you seem to have nailed down the pro's and con's. Mega beer drinker... donde is el bano?

PhoPhan welcome to the area. I only know about the 18th record stores.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
is R high enough to see over the benches?

Pretty sure Row T is the last row on the sides in the lower level, 3rd from last row of lower level is definitely high enough to see over the benches. In general, at Verizon, around row L/M or higher to have a view over the glass on the sides, not sure exactly how high one needs to be to see over or past the benches, but I pretty sure the two C/Dlocations you mention will have corner blindspots and depending where in row D of section 101, the obstructed view could be for more than just 1 corner.

As RH notes, your choice, but if you are asking for opinions and you want to watch the game, see plays develop, etc., I'd choose the row R seats if pricing is the same, but I'm not the one paying :)

andrewtabs

Dec 3, 2009
Which would you guys recommend:

Section 120, row C
Section 101, row D
Section 121, row R

The prices are all the same. 120 would be near the Caps bench and where the Caps warm up, but 101 would be where the Caps attack twice. Neither one would have a very good view of the other side of the ice, but they're both super close to the action. 121 would have a much better view of the entire ice (though is still behind the players benches), but it's hard to justify paying the same price to sit 15ish rows farther up.

Any recommendations?

Go with R.

I'm in section 100 row R and the view is perfect.

Funkyalligator

Mar 3, 2004
Hello all.

First off, this is a great thread. Very informative.

Anyway, I have just moved to DC from Philadelphia (and I'm a Coyotes fan, so swap out your antipathy for indifference) and am trying to get to know the area. I figured this might be a good place to get some tips.

I'm living in Mount Pleasant and working in Foggy Bottom, and I feel comfortable enough to get to whatever part of the city might have something cool going on. I'm open to whatever recommendations you might have.

In particular, I'm on a hunt for a decent record store. I checked out the two on 18th in Adams Morgan (Smash and Crooked Beat), but I found them both pretty lacking, though more in terms of what I was looking for as opposed to overall inventory. I'm willing to grant that my tastes are relatively obscure and I've been spoiled by living near both the Princeton Record Exchange and Wuxtry Records in the past eight months. Still, I'm sure there are good places to buy vinyl in this town. I just don't know where they are.

There was a record store at 21st and P in Dupont....the building it was in burned down but I'm pretty sure that they've rebuilt and that the record store is still there...it's on the second floor and there is a subway within a couple store fronts of it. Not sure of the name...for some reason I'm thinking the DJ Hut.

I've lived here my whole life so feel free to hit me up with questions...I'd highly recommend Eastern market...great food...you've got to try the Pickle Guy.

Funkyalligator

Mar 3, 2004
sk84fun_dc you can add Ragtime Restaurant in Arlington to the list of places to watch the caps....they are a caps on tap partner and run a special of $10 pitchers of miller light/yuengling...and it's those large pitchers not the small ones. Pretty cool bar....great music and good food...not to mention hot bartenders

PuddyOwns

Jan 21, 2009
Airport Question

Devils fan living in LA looking to fly in for the 12/21 game (before driving up for the holidays) Looking for some advice on which airport is best / transportation to the game.

Any help is appreciated!

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Devils fan living in LA looking to fly in for the 12/21 game (before driving up for the holidays) Looking for some advice on which airport is best / transportation to the game.

Any help is appreciated!

If you want to go ~straight to the game you're looking at Reagan National (DCA). It's by far the closest and, baggage permitting, you can take Metro straight to Verizon center (Yellow line from the airport to Gallery Place/Chinatown). Even if you're renting a car or whatnot it's so much closer than Dulles or BWI that it should be worth it I'd imagine.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
My first Caps game

Hey guys, I have been following the Caps for a while now and I want to make way up(from Charlottesville) for my first hockey game ever. I was wondering how much tickets go for in the lower deck? And would any of you be willing to sell me ticket, to a game that you can't make, at a good price?

LangwaysMullet

Apr 27, 2010
baltimore
Hello all.

First off, this is a great thread. Very informative.

Anyway, I have just moved to DC from Philadelphia (and I'm a Coyotes fan, so swap out your antipathy for indifference) and am trying to get to know the area. I figured this might be a good place to get some tips.

I'm living in Mount Pleasant and working in Foggy Bottom, and I feel comfortable enough to get to whatever part of the city might have something cool going on. I'm open to whatever recommendations you might have.

In particular, I'm on a hunt for a decent record store. I checked out the two on 18th in Adams Morgan (Smash and Crooked Beat), but I found them both pretty lacking, though more in terms of what I was looking for as opposed to overall inventory. I'm willing to grant that my tastes are relatively obscure and I've been spoiled by living near both the Princeton Record Exchange and Wuxtry Records in the past eight months. Still, I'm sure there are good places to buy vinyl in this town. I just don't know where they are.
granted I'm not a vinyl junkie, http://www.cdjoint.com/index.cfm has never disappointed and always seems to have what I'm looking for. It's not exactly close to you, but hey, make a trip out of it.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
That's a wonderful store, but it's not really big on Vinyl. It's a lot more DVDs, CDs, and even Video games than it really is Vinyl.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

I have no idea if anyone is willing to sell you their tickets at a 'good' price or not but using the internet it really isn't too difficult to find out what tickets cost. A 2 second google search will give you quite a few options.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Orpheus sort of closed down in Clarendon. It was first slated to close in 2008, but this was extended to 2009, I believe. Now they open on weekends, and work through mail order, I believe.

Keep an eye on this blog for vinyl news, including DC. http://www.vinyldistrict.blogspot.com

Also, rummage around on the DCist. http://dcist.com

I believe that there is a DC Record Fair held at least once a year, at the U Street Music Hall. Supposed to be a treasure trove.

EarlOfBud

Feb 28, 2007
Tours at Verizon Center?

Hey, I am from out of town and will be visiting DC soon.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Verizon Center did tours at all? I would love to check the arena out. Any info helps. Thanks

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
Hey, I am from out of town and will be visiting DC soon.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Verizon Center did tours at all? I would love to check the arena out. Any info helps. Thanks

I don't think they do any tours. They used to do locker room and press box tours at the STH party, but the STH party is so big, there really isn't enough space for VC to accommodate that. They've come along way from the time the Wizards and Capitals shared a STH party, and only half the Wizards showed up.

Valhoun*

Hey guys, I am looking to scalp tickets from the upper level but I'd like to get tickets that are the first row. I know that row numbering/lettering can be a little wonky and was just wondering what exactly to look for. Is it as simple as, say, Sec. 425 Row 1?

I know some venues call the first row VIP or AA or some other nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->