OT: Visitors Guide to Texas

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Victory park is the area around the AAC. Trinity Groves is an area with some good restaurant. It is across the river from downtown. Not really able to walk to it though.

Girouxtiful

Jul 17, 2012
Visiting Dallas - Out of Market Games?

Hey all - forgive me if this is answered somewhere else, couldn't find a visitor thread or anything like this searching the forum. If this question is answered somewhere else or there's an existing thread, feel free to let me know and I'll delete this one.

I'll be in town with a few buddies this weekend to witness the spectacle that is Wrestlemania. Seems like a good time and all, but with the Flyers' current playoff push I'd hate to miss any game that I will be free for. They play Saturday at 1pm ET, and the game is not nationally broadcast on any major channel.

So my question - anyone know any bars that have TVs that show out-of-town games? I'm staying at the DoubleTree Market Center. Someone on the Stars subreddit suggested Frankie's, Stan's, or Christie's. I also see there's a Buffalo Wild Wings prettt close to the hotel. I'm going to call them all today to see if they can accommodate.

If anyone knows any other possible spots I'd be super appreciative. Thanks in advance all.

Little side note - I grew up as a 'hockey fan' but moreso had favorite hockey players and as a result their teams were my favorites. Dallas was one of my two teams, and oddly enough Modano actually only my 3rd favorite player on the team behind Andy Moog and Derian Hatcher. Became a serious hockey fan freshman year of college at Delaware (so naturally followed the Flyers) and moved to Philly after. So while the Flyers are my team, I've got a big soft spot for Dallas. Would love to see you guys do some damage in the West in the next few months!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Buffalo Wild Wings should be able to, although all of the above might have issues if its only broadcasted locally.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Any place in Dallas where I could watch the Habs vs Panthers game this evening?

Hey guys! The game starts in half an hour, and my friends and I want to know if there's any place we could go to to watch it. We're all tired and don't feel like doing anything more than sitting down with a beer and watching the game.

Either we can stream it on the TV at the house we rented, or we could go out and watch.

Any help?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hey all - forgive me if this is answered somewhere else, couldn't find a visitor thread or anything like this searching the forum. If this question is answered somewhere else or there's an existing thread, feel free to let me know and I'll delete this one.

I'll be in town with a few buddies this weekend to witness the spectacle that is Wrestlemania. Seems like a good time and all, but with the Flyers' current playoff push I'd hate to miss any game that I will be free for. They play Saturday at 1pm ET, and the game is not nationally broadcast on any major channel.

So my question - anyone know any bars that have TVs that show out-of-town games? I'm staying at the DoubleTree Market Center. Someone on the Stars subreddit suggested Frankie's, Stan's, or Christie's. I also see there's a Buffalo Wild Wings prettt close to the hotel. I'm going to call them all today to see if they can accommodate.

If anyone knows any other possible spots I'd be super appreciative. Thanks in advance all.

Little side note - I grew up as a 'hockey fan' but moreso had favorite hockey players and as a result their teams were my favorites. Dallas was one of my two teams, and oddly enough Modano actually only my 3rd favorite player on the team behind Andy Moog and Derian Hatcher. Became a serious hockey fan freshman year of college at Delaware (so naturally followed the Flyers) and moved to Philly after. So while the Flyers are my team, I've got a big soft spot for Dallas. Would love to see you guys do some damage in the West in the next few months!

Hey guys! The game starts in half an hour, and my friends and I want to know if there's any place we could go to to watch it. We're all tired and don't feel like doing anything more than sitting down with a beer and watching the game.

Either we can stream it on the TV at the house we rented, or we could go out and watch.

Any help?

Buffalo Wild Wings should be able to, although all of the above might have issues if its only broadcasted locally.

Not much else I could offer.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I got back from Dallas late last night / early this morning.

Just want to say thanks to the people in Dallas for being so accommodating, and nice. We had a great time with everything other than the incompetence of whoever is making decisions at AT&T Stadium.

I'll raise a Shiner Bock to you all!

Thanks!

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hey everyone,

Hoping to find some folks to watch Game 1 with next week, either buying a spare ticket, or just at a pub.

In Fort Worth all of next week for a conference and was really looking forward to grabbing tickets for Game 1 of post-season. Was unable to get any (not a Texas resident). While I'm a Canucks fan, I grew up in Victoria so I support the local Benn brothers (in other words, you won't be inviting a closet Hawks fan to hangout).

I'm not an axe murderer, just a normal guy (27) looking to get a beer and watch some playoff hockey with other fans while I'm in town. If there are no takers, I'd love a heads up on a good place to watch the game in either FW or Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad