OT: Visitor's Guide to Tampa: All Questions Here!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I know I'm biased, but the Tampa Bay area is a nice place to live. Quiet areas if you like quiet. Party areas (Ybor City) if that's your thing. Beaches, museums, a Performing Arts center that brings in all the major Broadway shows and hosts an excellent orchestra, but we're not too huge a city. Lots and lots of water sports and outdoor living fun available too. Check out some of the stuff listed in the posts above. And yup, we have 3 of the 4 big sports (though only the Lightning are decent at the moment) so you'd be able to watch your hometown teams pretty regularly. We're definitely used to snowbirds and transplants doing that. :laugh:

I will warn you though, the Yankees do their spring training here in Tampa (Steinbrenner Field is right across the street from the Bucs' stadium) and so there's a rather large contingent of transplant Yankee fans living in the Tampa Bay area. But then, every city has it's darker side. :P
I can’t even snark at the Yankees right now. At this point most of us Sox fans have moved on to the Patriots until the Bruins start up.

Tampa seems like Boston only smaller, less expensive and way warmer. A big little city where everyone knows someone and you never run out of things to do.

The improved quality of life Tampa will give me is a huge selling point.

I’m definitely planning to hit Sox spring training when I move as I have some family and friends in that area.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I can’t even snark at the Yankees right now. At this point most of us Sox fans have moved on to the Patriots until the Bruins start up.

Tampa seems like Boston only smaller, less expensive and way warmer. A big little city where everyone knows someone and you never run out of things to do.

The improved quality of life Tampa will give me is a huge selling point.

I’m definitely planning to hit Sox spring training when I move as I have some family and friends in that area.

I'm afraid I do have to snark at the Yankees. Not only have I followed the Rays from their inaugural season down here, but I grew up in the Chicagoland area as a rabid Cubs fan. Fortunately the Cubs are NL and the Rays are AL. :P

Yeah, the Sox train down in Ft. Meyers which is about a 2 hr. drive from Tampa. Not bad at all if you have family and friends in the area too.

Never been to Boston but coming from a large metropolitan area (despite the fact that the town I grew up in was pretty tiny) I really love the size of Tampa. As you said, a big little city with lots to do but not too humongous. And its Gulf Coast location means it's warm but there's almost always a lovely sea breeze in the evenings. I know I'm probably biased since I've lived in the area for so long now (family moved from Chicagoland area to Florida in '72) but I love living here. :DD

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
@Alicat ,

Since you will be moving in the Tampa area, i hope we'll have the chance to see you post your comments, in the Bolts GDT this upcoming season. I'm looking forward to read your comments on our section. :)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
@Alicat ,

Since you will be moving in the Tampa area, i hope we'll have the chance to see you post your comments, in the Bolts GDT this upcoming season. I'm looking forward to read your comments on our section. :)
Nothing is set in stone but the more I research the more ready I become to making the move.

That said, you’ll have to clear my posting regularly on this board through @Fenway ;)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I really enjoy the Westshore area and it's a nice compromise between Tampa and St. Pete. Close to Tampa but also not that far a shot to St. Pete from here. It is more expensive, though.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Gave Red Dragon a watch for the first time in years and I gotta say it knocks the crap out of all the other Hannibal Lecter movies. Francis Dolarhyde is so genuinely human compared to most other cold-blooded killers. They seldom want to actually stop nor can they form any kind of bond with other people. Guy just couldn't get the voices out of his head. And my favorite part of the whole thing is the fact that Lecter is genuinely trying to figure out a way to kill Will Graham the entire time versus how he'd never hurt Clarice Starling in a million years.

:::whispers::: Sunny, bro. I think you meant this to go in the Elite Thread. ;)

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Gonna be heading to Disney in Feb and plan on catching a game with my family.
How is the drive typically from Disney into Tampa ? I'm guessing it's best to get in well before rush hour,(duh) but even then, not familiar with traffic conditions on this route.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Gonna be heading to Disney in Feb and plan on catching a game with my family.
How is the drive typically from Disney into Tampa ? I'm guessing it's best to get in well before rush hour,(duh) but even then, not familiar with traffic conditions on this route.

From Disney to downtown Tampa, it can take only an hour and a half. If it's rush hour, much more. :P

I-4 is pretty straightforward and a connector from I-4 to the Crosstown Expressway will take you right to Amalie Arena, it's just that one accident (or rush hour) can slow everything down. Give yourselves extra time. Gates open at Amalie Arena one hour before puck drop but you can always hang around in Thunder Alley (the area between the arena and parking garage used for watch parties, games, a Corona tiki bar and stuff) for a bit. Or take a walk along the Riverwalk, there's a park nearby and the Tampa History Center has a wonderful little café that is a smaller version of the classic Colombia Restaurant for the best, most authentic Hispanic food in Tampa. Or you can catch the streetcar and head to Ybor City (gets wild in the evenings as it's a party area, lol) or Sparkman Warf for misc. food stuff.

You'll be coming down at a great time weather-wise. :DD

Reactions: Hoek

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
From Disney to downtown Tampa, it can take only an hour and a half. If it's rush hour, much more. :P

I-4 is pretty straightforward and a connector from I-4 to the Crosstown Expressway will take you right to Amalie Arena, it's just that one accident (or rush hour) can slow everything down. Give yourselves extra time. Gates open at Amalie Arena one hour before puck drop but you can always hang around in Thunder Alley (the area between the arena and parking garage used for watch parties, games, a Corona tiki bar and stuff) for a bit. Or take a walk along the Riverwalk, there's a park nearby and the Tampa History Center has a wonderful little café that is a smaller version of the classic Colombia Restaurant for the best, most authentic Hispanic food in Tampa. Or you can catch the streetcar and head to Ybor City (gets wild in the evenings as it's a party area, lol) or Sparkman Warf for misc. food stuff.

You'll be coming down at a great time weather-wise. :DD
Awesome!
Thanka for the tip!
Looking forward to being in the warm and sun in Feb :)

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
Hey guys!

Anyone here know if theres a place I can park overnight near the St. Pete cross bay ferry to Amalie arena?

I'm hoping to go to clearwater beach, park near the cross bay ferry, go to Lightning vs Flyers saturday 4pm game, enjoy some Tampa food and booze, stay overnight and back over to pick the car up later the next day.

I'm mostly worried about finding a place to park from 11am friday until 2 or 3pm the next day.

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm from Vancouver BC so I know nothing of the area, and mostly staying in Orlando.

Thanks HF brothers

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Hey guys!

Anyone here know if theres a place I can park overnight near the St. Pete cross bay ferry to Amalie arena?

I'm hoping to go to clearwater beach, park near the cross bay ferry, go to Lightning vs Flyers saturday 4pm game, enjoy some Tampa food and booze, stay overnight and back over to pick the car up later the next day.

I'm mostly worried about finding a place to park from 11am friday until 2 or 3pm the next day.

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm from Vancouver BC so I know nothing of the area, and mostly staying in Orlando.

Thanks HF brothers

Check your messages.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Hello, my Fellow HFBoard users. I am considering relocating from Ohio, and Tampa is a place I am considering. I was hoping to visit in April and stay close to downtown. Can you recommend neighborhoods around there to stay for a long weekend? Would like to get a feel for daily life in the city.

LetsNotUseNames

Jun 11, 2010
Alpharetta, GA
Hey gang,

Don't post often and I have not actually seen the Lightning play in Tampa. I would like to change that, so looking for some advice on where to sit. Since it's such a rarity, I wouldn't be opposed to splurging on seats closer to the ice. I also thought it may be smart to ask about sections that offer a better overall fan experience that aren't quite as expensive. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
A huge thank you @TeslaCoilFan ! I just bought a condo in Madeira Beach (at John's Pass) for investment purposes and figure to be in MB 6-8 weeks per year. Hopefully get to see a couple Bolts game this year.

This information was so insightful and helpful. Can't thank you enough!!
VGNonHockeyGraphic.jpg

*** BEACHES ***
From downtown Tampa, you are about a half hour drive away from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Since all these beaches have wide stretches of soft white sand meeting the warm calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, your choice will depend on the location and amenities that you desire. During the early part of hockey season, the beaches are still active but the attendence does thin out as the 'winter' progresses.

From North to South along the barrier islands...

Clearwater Beach - this very popular and very busy beach has all the amenities such as cabanas, some of the best seafood restaurants in the Bay area, a variety water sports, entertainment and a sunset celebration. Fishing, dolphin-watching and leisure charters are also available close-by. It has the largest crowds although they will thin out considerably during the middle of hockey season when we actually do have a little bit of 'winter' chill to deal with.

Indian Rocks Beach - less emphasis on commercial development. A quiet, less crowed alternative to some of the more popular beaches but amenities are minimal with showers, restrooms and parking. The surrounding area features a mixture of residential and vacation rentals with plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from when you want to take a break from the beach.

Madeira Beach - features a funky, retro vibe and offers plenty of wide, white sand beaches and fun activities. At the south end is St. John's Pass that replicates a quaint fishing village and serves as a hub for charter boats, an eclectic variety of souvenir and apparel shops, and a variety of bistros, bars and restaurants. Treasure Island is just south of Madeira Beach and has similar beach amenities.

St. Pete Beach - plenty of beach-side amenities including restaurants, Tiki bars, cabana rentals, jet ski rentals and other adventure opportunities. If you're staying overnight there are plenty of full-service resorts and boutique hotels lining the beach including the beautiful Don Cesar Resort. This huge pink Mediterranean-style hotel was built during the jazz-age and has been the standard of luxury ever since.

Ben T. Davis Beach - the closest beach to downtown Tampa, it offers ideal proximity to the airport for travelers who value efficiency. Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings see the beach populated by local volleyball players. This is one of the best spots in town to watch the sunset and is located adjacent to the new Courtney Campbell Trail, a four-mile biking and pedestrian bridge.

*** ATTRACTIONS ***
Busch Gardens - this 335-acre Africa-inspired theme park has thrilling roller coasters, animals, entertaining live shows, 2,000-plus animals including free-roaming giraffes, zebras and white rhinos visible on the Serengeti Railway. Plan to spend an entire day here. Short drive east of downtown.
Florida Theme Park & Animal Encounters | Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Florida Aquarium - features more than 20,000 plants and animals in both fresh and saltwater environments including a million-gallon coral reef display that houses over 200 species of fish. Other areas of the aquarium showcase river otters, alligators, deep sea fish as well as "touch" experiences where kids can get up close with stingrays, horseshoe crabs, urchins, and other sea life. A gift shop and restaurant are on the premises. On the streetcar route that connects Amalie Arena to Ybor City.
The Florida Aquarium : Connect With The Sea

ZooTampa at Lowry Park aka Lowry Park Zoo - featuring 1,300 animals with an emphasis on regional endangered species and those in similar climates. Has a Manatee Hospital that rehabilitates injured manatees. New Australian-themed children's area includes rides and other games geared for the little ones. Went through a stupid name change/rebranding as ZooTampa in March 2018. :whatever:
Home

Dinosaur World - home to over 150 life-size dinosaurs realistically set amidst lush native vegetation, including an animatronic scene featuring a Brachiosaurus, Triceratops and Pterodactyl among others. Kids can also become paleontologists and sift through a dig in search of fossils to take home or take part in a gem hunter's mining/excavation experience. Guests are also invited to bring lunch or coolers of food to munch on in the subterranean picnic area. Located about a half hour east of downtown Tampa in Plant City.
Florida – Dinosaur World
*** MUSEUMS ***

TAMPA

Tampa Bay History Center - a 60,000-square-foot waterfront museum, presents 12,000 years of Tampa Bay history through innovative, interactive exhibits that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can explore a vast array of Seminole artifacts, learn about the Spanish conquistadors, browse a 1920s-era cigar store, and view over 1,000 Tampa cigar industry-related objects. Next to Amalie Arena on the streetcar route.
Tampa Bay History Center | Visit today and learn about the history of the

Tampa Museum of Art - a boldly designed riverfront museum housing six temporary exhibits and an extensive permanent collection of Greek and Roman antiquities and 20th-century sculpture as well as a serene riverfront sculpture garden. The museum offers an extensive program of events from art classes to Buddhist meditation. Located along the Riverwalk as part of the Waterfront Arts District.
Tampa Museum of Art

Glazer Children's Museum - There are many hands-on exhibits designed for exploration, such as a kid-sized grocery store, airplane, and cruise ship. The best strategy is to let them guide you around the facility. Fun for the whole family, but kids under 11 or so will enjoy it the most. Located along the Riverwalk as part of the Waterfront Arts District.
Home - Glazer Children's Museum

Florida Museum of Photographic Arts - one of only a few museums in the US dedicated solely to photography. The museum is located downtown in the architecturally significant Cube, a soaring six-story atrium building. Promoting photographic art as central to our culture, the museum hosts exhibits of both historic and contemporary photography. The museum also offers gallery talks, "Photography at 5" happy hours, inventive family activities and a myriad of photography classes for all ages. Located along the Riverwalk as part of the Waterfront Arts District.
FMoPA | Florida Museum of Photographic Arts | Tampa, Florida

Henry B. Plant Museum - this history museum is located in what was originally the Tampa Bay Hotel built in 1891 by railroad magnate Henry B. Plant. It was an extravagant resort that drew such guests as Teddy Roosevelt and Babe Ruth. The hotel's striking minarets architecture, lavish furnishings and vibrant gardens provide a rare glimpse into the early years of Florida tourism. Part of the University of Tampa campus near downtown and across the Hillsborough River from the Riverwalk and the Waterfront Arts District.
Henry B. Plant Museum - Home

Ybor City Museum and State Park - housed in the renovated historic Ferlita Bakery, the museum boasts both temporary and permanent exhibits that illustrate how the immigrant cigar workers and their families lived and worked, creating a unique social life and community institutions. Outside you can explore the peaceful 19th-century-style garden and tour a "casita," representative of a typical cigar worker's home. Located in Ybor City on the streetcar route.
Welcome to Ybor City Museum

American Victory Ship and Museum - conveniently located close to downtown and adjacent to the Florida Aquarium, the American Victory Ship is one of only four WWII ships that are still fully-functioning. The Ship is a memorial to the dedicated men and women of the American Merchant Fleet. Almost all areas of the Ship are open to investigation, including the bridge, weaponry, galley and mess halls, crew cabins and Captain's quarters, radio and gyro rooms, and much more. Visitors are given the unique opportunity to experience the living and working conditions of the sailors. Interpretive exhibits fill in the blanks through the display of artifacts, photos, uniforms and medals.
American Victory Ship | Mariners Memorial Museum

Tampa Firefighters Museum - located in downtown Tampa next to Tampa Fire Rescue Station One. Built in 1911, the beautifully restored building served as the Fire Department Headquarters until 1974. The 18,000 square foot facility is designed to preserve the history of the fire department and to promote fire safety and prevention throughout the community. Included among the historical exhibits and interactive educational displays is an early fire wagon looking as bright and shiny as the day it was made, and a piece of metal recovered from the World Trade Towers on 9/11.
ST.PETE/CLEARWATER

Great Explorations Children's Museum
- Spread throughout its 24,000 feet of "learning space," are exhibits and programs encouraging kids to follow the museum mantra: "Make a discovery, make a mess and even make a new friend." The Critter Cave allows them to peek into the intriguing world of arachnids and reptiles.
Great Explorations Children's Museum - St. Petersburg, Florida

Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg - thousands of art objects spanning early antiquity to the present are showcased in one of the finest art collections on Florida's West Coast. It features a comprehensive permanent exhibit as well as varied slate of traveling shows. Art, artifacts and majestic sculptures hail from ancient Greece, Rome, Asia and South America. Masterpieces by Monet, Renoir, Whistler, Cézanne, O'Keeffe and others lead the list of artists on display. Located on the waterfront in downtown St. Petersburg.
Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg

Salvador Dali Museum - home to an important collection of Salvador Dali's art, spanning his lifetime. The dazzling building itself is a masterpiece with more than 1,000 triangular-shaped glass panels encasing it. Inside, you'll find more than 2,000 works - the largest collection outside of Europe - including oil paintings, watercolors, drawings, photographs, sculptures and other objects d'art. In addition to the permanent exhibit, a host of rotating artists and photographers are featured throughout the year. Located on the waterfront in downtown St. Petersburg.
https://thedali.org/

St. Petersburg Museum of History - the oldest museum in the city, it houses a collection of historical artifacts and a poignant tribute to the first commercial flight on Jan. 1, 1914, along with a host of traveling exhibits featured throughout the year. Baseball fans will be impressed by the collection of autographed baseballs - the largest in the country. Of special note is the Lady of the Nile, a 3,000 year-old mummy tucked into an ancient sarcophagus.
St. Petersburg Museum of History | St. Petersburg, Florida

Florida Holocaust Museum - founded in 1989 by Holocaust survivor Walter P. Loebenberg, the poignant museum showcases the tragic plight of Holocaust victims via a series of personal histories, photographs and artifacts. Tattered clothing - including camp uniforms and tiny shoes worn by young victims of the atrocity - and movie clips offering narratives by Holocaust survivors and a boxcar once used to haul prisoners to concentration camps are also part of the sobering exhibit.
Homepage - Florida Holocaust Museum

Tampa Bay Automobile Museum - automobile enthusiasts of all ages will appreciate the display of 70 vintage cars on parade as part of the private collection of French entrepreneur Alain Cerf and his family. Amassed over a period of 30 years, the exhibit contains mainly European-built vehicles (there are 11 from the US) and is focused on cars which demonstrate "special creativity and imagination in their history and engineering." All cars are in running shape and are taken on the road regularly. Vehicles range from the 1930s to 1990s models in addition to a replica of a 1770 steam carriage.
******REST OF THIS AREA UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!********

Performing Arts/Music

Seminole Hard Rock Casino

Outdoor Experiences

GASPARILLA!

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hey all, I am planning on exploring Tampa and the surrounding area in May. I have never been to Florida before but I’m very excited to see what it has to offer. I am definitely considering moving to the area and wanted to see what you would recommend to check out while visiting. Would also love to visit a Lightning pro shop if they have any. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hey all, I am planning on exploring Tampa and the surrounding area in May. I have never been to Florida before but I’m very excited to see what it has to offer. I am definitely considering moving to the area and wanted to see what you would recommend to check out while visiting. Would also love to visit a Lightning pro shop if they have any. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! It's a fun place to visit AND live. :DD Definitely check out the first posts of this thread as they have loads of info regarding things to do and see in the area. I work in South Tampa which is a combo of upscale areas and not-so-upscale older areas around McDill AFB and lots of my coworkers live there and love it. I live in a more suburban area north west of Tampa. Far enough away to be comfy but still an easy drive into town.

The most extensive Lightning shop is actually at Amalie Arena. It's accessible from the outside and is open from about 9 am to 5 pm. Later if there's a game. The Riverwalk is a nice stretch of walking/outdoor park strung out along the river with some upscale restaurants along it. You gotta check out historic Ybor City for a unique Tampa vibe (just be aware that the place gets rowdy in the evenings as it's a party area, lol). For the most authentic and delicious Hispanic food in the Tampa Bay area, try the Colombia Restaurant in Ybor or La Teresita on Columbus. Loads of great food places up and down S. Howard Ave. A streetcar runs from Amalie Arena past Sparkman Warf (cool misc. foodie stuff) and the Florida Aquarium and on up to Ybor and back. Check out the beaches just across Tampa Bay in Clearwater/St. Pete.

Again, check out the first few posts and you should find plenty to do. Welcome in advance! :DD

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I posted this in the ticket thread too, but I have a plan in my head to go see a Bolts playoff game or two in Tampa Bay. I’ve never been. What can you guys tell me about the area or how to get tickets? What can I expect for prices?

Discipline

Oct 14, 2019
North Carolina
I posted this in the ticket thread too, but I have a plan in my head to go see a Bolts playoff game or two in Tampa Bay. I’ve never been. What can you guys tell me about the area or how to get tickets? What can I expect for prices?

Other locals will know more. I don't live in Tampa.

But FWIW, I paid ~$130 for game 2 of round 1 in 2019.

The Bolts dropped a few tickets on game days during this Isles run. Prices ranged from $150 and upwards in the 300s. But that's banking on if there are any tickets left to release for the SCF. I have heard of dirt cheap tickets showing up hours before the game, but I don't know if that is actually true.

My assumption is SCF tickets will be $200 in the 300s and drastically increase. They could be even more given the loss of revenue from 2020. I don't remember how much Blackhawks tickets were in 2015.

Demand will be off the charts though since fans have been welcomed back to the arena.

Ticketmaster aka Ticketbastard is where to get tickets. I don't see an on sale link yet, but you will want to try to get into the waiting room for the game you want to go too. Presale days and times will be listed when the link goes up if it goes up. There should be a few legitimate tickets available before the resellers buy them all up. There were a lot of options for the Isles series in the 300s, but given this is the SCF, it will be CRAZY trying to get tickets. I have had more success scouting out tickets for these playoff runs than trying to get really high demand concert tickets haha. What I am saying is, try to get a friend or two to help as well. The more people the better shot at landing tickets.

The area around Amalie is great. You will see a lot of Vinik's handywork, all the projects he has invested in etc. I usually pre game at Sparkman's Wharf and hang out there before games. Sparkman is one of the areas Vinik has invested in to build up. There's a lot of little eateries, a grass turf lawn to just hang out at.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Hey all, I would just like to thank everyone for putting together this thread. I am in the near future going to be moving to Tampa and am looking for neighborhood recommendations for a safe area/walkable and youngish area downtown for a recently single guy in his late 20s

budget would be around 2.3k a month for a 1BR. Any suggestions? I will be working downtown

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hey all, I would just like to thank everyone for putting together this thread. I am in the near future going to be moving to Tampa and am looking for neighborhood recommendations for a safe area/walkable and youngish area downtown for a recently single guy in his late 20s

budget would be around 2.3k a month for a 1BR. Any suggestions?
walkscore.com is down right now (which is also an apartment site), but they're owned by Redfin.

https://www.redfin.com/city/18142/FL/Tampa/most-walkable-neighborhoods

edit: walkscore is back up.
Tampa neighborhoods on Walk Score

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Im at the game right now and need recommendations for food to grab on the way back to the hotel after. I’m staying at Aloft, less than a mile away so something real close.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Hey guys I am a Devils fan visiting from NY this weekend with a friend who is a big Rangers fan. We will be staying in Tampa and catching the game vs the Panthers and Islanders on Saturday and Monday. Do you guys have and tips on what to do or things to see in the Tampa area ? We are going to get to the arena early before the games to take in any pregame festivities and to walk around the inside and outside of the arena to really check it out. Any good places to stay that will save us $$$ ?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
How old are you guys? Looks like Ritz-Ybor is having their 90s dance thingy on Friday. I went to it maybe 5 years ago and had a blast, but that was half my childhood era so YMMV. IIRC the earliest "reference" they did was filling the stage with dancers and doing 2 Live Crew. I'd go but a friend of mine is playing at the Hard Rock Casino probably at the same time.

Opinions vary, but I've seen in a couple reddit polls that the best Cuban is at the Interbay Market ("the Green Store").

If you're willing to bop over to St. Pete, there's the Dali museum right next to the very uplifting Holocaust museum (or at least I think it's right there, I went in high school).

You might consider checking out the aquarium (walking distance from Amalie) and the event calendar for the Straz center.

If you guys are willing to go a little farther afield, the John and Mable Ringling Museum in Sarasota is pretty cool (if you're into art museums).

I haven't lived in Tampa for a few years, but that should at least get you started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->