Visiting Toronto!

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Richmond street is where all the clubs are, All star wings or Real sports for food/leaf games

also the eaton center or yorkdale
Yeah definitely going to check out the Eaton Center. Thanks!

I'll second going to see Kensington Market during the day, it's pretty neat if you like little shops and what not. It's also right next to China town, which is pretty cool to see.

One place I like in particular is The Silver Dollar Room at College and Spadina (tons of bars in that area). They usually play live music, though I'm not sure what it's like on weekends. I normally go on Wednesday nights for blue grass, which is awesome.

I great tip in terms of transportation, is that one $10 day pass is good for unlimited travel for TWO people on Saturday and Sundays. It's a great deal. It's $3 for one trip on the TTC, but if you buy 5 or more tokens at a time they're $2.50.
Thanks for the tips bud. Lots of people bringing up Kensington Market probably going to have to check it out.

richmond and peter street has plenty of clubs if you want to enjoy the nightlife
Yeah definitely going to be checking out some clubs. Thanks for the suggestions.

Theres an Irish Pub called the OverDraught on Front Street with a ton of different beer and really good food, its right beside the Loose Moose and right below Joe Bidalli's.

Also, if you havent been the Hockey Hall Of Fame is pretty cool, but thats only if your in that area. Real Sports is cool too.

Have fun :)
Going to have to check that and the Loose Moose out one night. Also we're going to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame for sure. Thanks!

1. The Loose Moose is a good bar/pub to go for a drink or 2 pre- or post-game. It's about a 5 minute walk from the ACC and Union Station.

2. I'm not sure what kind of music you and your friends like, but here's a short guide to clubs and popular bars:

- Tattoo Rock Parlour (Queen and Bathurst): play newer rock, and the big hits from 90's (they play the fun, upbeat rock songs, not the harder, more serious stuff) Fun club, with good atmosphere and usually a lot of good looking girls at the university age. I'm not a big clubber but I usually have a blast there. Finally, it's not uncommon to see Leafs and Raptors there on the weekends.

- Grace O'Meiley's (King and University): Popular bar for upper-year university students and recent grads. Good atmosphere with a big dance floor. They usually have a live band that plays popular cover songs all night. It can get really busy on a Friday/Saturday night, so might be a line if you get there after 11:30. It's a fun place to finish the night.

- Madison's Pub (Bloor and Spadina): One of the most popular pubs in Toronto. It's two old, three-story houses that have been converted into a giant pub. It doesn't offer more than your typical pub, but it's a busy place, and usually a decent crowd. I remember it being rated as one of the best places to meet singles a few years ago, but not sure about these days. I usually like to go for a beer or two there and then go somewhere else.

- There are lots of good bars/pubs along Bloor Street between Spadina and Bathurst. You can just walk along and pick one for yourself. It's generally a university crowd since it's a popular area for U of T and Ryerson students to live during the school year.

- Entertainment district/club district (Borders Spadina and University on the east and west side, and Richmond and King on the north and south): Almost all of the major clubs are in this district. Once you are in the area you will see a ton of people lined up for places, so you'll know when you are close. I really don't go to many clubs so I'm not sure which ones are best these days. This is a good site for club info and reviews: http://www.clubcrawlers.com/

In general, most of the top bars, restaurants and clubs are just west of Yonge St. There are a lot of brand name restaurants and stuff around the ACC, but I doubt you are coming Toronto for the same things you can get back home. I'd suggest College West for great Italian restaurants, and the Danforth for amazing Greek food. I'd suggest getting a TTC day pass ($9) and hit the better areas of Toronto. They're all only a 5-10 minute TTC ride from the downtown core.

One more suggestion: Real Sports Bar is cool place to check out, but there is nothing special about it after the initial shock value of it being so big. It's just a typical sports bar with overprice drinks and food, and not a great crowd for younger guys looking to have a fun in a great city. I'd definitely suggest checking it out, but it's not worth spending an entire night there, especially if you want to have some fun and meet some ladies ;)
Wow thanks a lot! Lots of good information here man. Going to try and check out those clubs. Lots of planning to do in the next few days haha.

OP is from eastern canada, they do clubbing quite a bit. As I recall PETA wasn't very happy :laugh:
Haha:laugh:

Thanks everyone!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Im flying to Toronto today from Halifax for the Jays/Rangers, Looking for some decent,chill pubs with lots of craft beer on tap. I've been looking at this place http://theloosemoose.ca/

any feedback would be much appreciated,

Gretzky's is just up the street from the Dome and beside/below the Loose Moose is The Overdraught, good beer selection there.

The ACC and Real Sports are a 10 minute walk from there.

No idea if those qualify as a "chill pub". They will have A/C if that's what you mean.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Gretzky's is just up the street from the Dome and beside/below the Loose Moose is The Overdraught, good beer selection there.

The ACC and Real Sports are a 10 minute walk from there.

No idea if those qualify as a "chill pub". They will have A/C if that's what you mean.

Thanks for the info!!

By Chill I mean

to calm down
cool, tight, wicked, sick, sweet, nice, etc.
to hang out
to be easy going
a little bit cold
its ok

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thanks for the info!!

By Chill I mean

to calm down
cool, tight, wicked, sick, sweet, nice, etc.
to hang out
to be easy going
a little bit cold
its ok

All those places will be busy so they may not be "chill".

Elephant&Castle is a little further up Simcoe at King, we go there before games if the Overdraught is too busy. Huge pub so it's never seems packed.

Enjoy, weather is looking good for this weekend.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
St. Lawrence Market + Distillery District are a good combo, about a ~15-20 minute walk from one another.

ark

Awesomesauce
Jul 16, 2007
Markham, Canada
I've heard mixed reviews about the Steam Whistle brewery, its right beside the SkyDome and CN Tower, I've always hesitated recommending because of the mixed bag of feedback.

Can anyone further comment?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hey guys, me and a few buddies are coming to Toronto from Eastern Canada on Thursday to catch the weekend games vs. Anaheim and Washington.

We have a lot of plans made about where we want to go. However I'm still open for suggestions as most of you guys obviously know Toronto a lot better than I do. We're staying at the Ramada Downtown so we're pretty close to a lot of the places we want to go and see.

Any suggestions about what to do and see would be great from you guys, specifically what clubs/bars would you guys suggest for a few University kids after the games? We're planing to go to Real Sports one night, but the other nights are definitely open for discussion. Any help would be great. Thanks!

For the best food that money can buy, definitely make your way up yonge st, north of the eaton center.

There is a place called Salad King, It is an authentic Thai restaurant that is one of the most popular eateries in Toronto, or near Dundas Sq.

Obviously you can find other eating spots at the Eaton Center, but don't leave Toronto without trying Salad King. My recommend is the Basil Noodles, The Kari Noodles, or the Siam Noodles. Ask for mild if you do not like hot foods.

http://www.saladking.com/

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I've heard mixed reviews about the Steam Whistle brewery, its right beside the SkyDome and CN Tower, I've always hesitated recommending because of the mixed bag of feedback.

Can anyone further comment?

Depends if you like Steam Whistle or not. Personally, I think it tastes like horse swine, which pretty much takes it out of the running as a place to be for me, but if they had something I liked it's a nice place.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
real sports is great and all, bare in mind it's an expensive shin dig

just as long as u dont get seated in the upper level with gay tv's

Ace88*

Maple leafs square shows games if its not excruciatingly cold. Check that out, it's Like a big block party basically

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Back from the trip hit up the loose moose and had a great time, Soooo many beers.

also tried steam whistle and MEH taste like any other big box beer, nothing special.

Bill_Crosby*

The entire area around the CN Tower/Skydome is super nice any place you go to will be serviceable at the very least. It's when you leave downtown you get to the more "stabby" parts of the city and have to be selective on where you go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad