Visiting Toronto

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I'm gonna level with you, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't lying about what I said earlier about Brampton.

Someone pm me what the illicit fun of Oshawa is all about though, I've never been. All of a sudden I might just have to check it out.
Wait so you're saying you trolled me?!?!

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
OP if you are going to go to Buffalo you could try to catch an NHL game there instead. Tickets there are MUCH more reasonable and won't cost you an arm and a leg like Leafs tickets.

If it's your first time in Toronto CN Tower is definitely great any time of year. Hockey Hall of Fame and the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) are both great too, and while I've not been yet I hear Ripley's Aquarium is very good if you have family. Niagara Falls is really nice in the winter as well - both the falls themselves and in term of the other family stuff around there.

Reactions: hector morrison

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm gonna level with you, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't lying about what I said earlier about Brampton.

Someone pm me what the illicit fun of Oshawa is all about though, I've never been. All of a sudden I might just have to check it out.
Idk about drugs but they get a lot of snow there

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
OP if you are going to go to Buffalo you could try to catch an NHL game there instead. Tickets there are MUCH more reasonable and won't cost you an arm and a leg like Leafs tickets.

If it's your first time in Toronto CN Tower is definitely great any time of year. Hockey Hall of Fame and the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) are both great too, and while I've not been yet I hear Ripley's Aquarium is very good if you have family. Niagara Falls is really nice in the winter as well - both the falls themselves and in term of the other family stuff around there.
Good advice regards the Sabres games,if weather permits! Also,some really mouth watering eats over there!

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Kensington Market. St Lawrence Market. Both a lot of fun to just walk, people watch or shop. You mention hockey but not the Hockey Hall of Fame but I'm assuming that's in your plans. I'm a huge fan of graffiti alley as well but since it's February you might not be too keen on that since it's entirely outdoors.

If you can't get into a Leafs game or want to pay the obscene costs - Real Sports bar is a solid spot if you want something close to the game and....very...experiential.

Do you have any ideas on where you're staying in terms of hotel or even neighbourhood?
St. Lawrence Market is one of the greatest permanent farmers markets on the planet. Has won awards and all.
It's a food funland.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I love to head downtown and throw handfuls of change all over the street. It's hilarious watching poor peasants scrambling over insignificant sums of money. :laugh:

Reactions: HFBCommenter

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I love to head downtown and throw handfuls of change all over the street. It's hilarious watching poor peasants scrambling over insignificant sums of money. :laugh:
Thats awfully mean of you to do jiminy and has completely changed my opinion of you.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Skip Brampton. It is garbage. Other points of interest not mentioned...

Casa Loma, Fort York, Distillery District, ROM, AGO, Chinatown, High Park, Mirvish Musical, Skating at Nathan Phillips Square or at the Bentway.

For food the Winterlicious festival might be on when you’re here so you could look into that also there is a new food hall called Chef’s Assembly Hall. Definitely get some street meat, it’s excellent in Toronto.

For a day trip getaway in addition to Niagara Falls you might want at Collingwoid. It’s a big ski area north of Toronto but has a nice little town and winter activities.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Skip Brampton. It is garbage. Other points of interest not mentioned...

Casa Loma, Fort York, Distillery District, ROM, AGO, Chinatown, High Park, Mirvish Musical, Skating at Nathan Phillips Square or at the Bentway.

For food the Winterlicious festival might be on when you’re here so you could look into that also there is a new food hall called Chef’s Assembly Hall. Definitely get some street meat, it’s excellent in Toronto.

For a day trip getaway in addition to Niagara Falls you might want at Collingwoid. It’s a big ski area north of Toronto but has a nice little town and winter activities.

High Park is beautiful.

Toronto Zoo is also something I would recommend. Big zoo, lots of walking.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
High Park is beautiful.

Toronto Zoo is also something I would recommend. Big zoo, lots of walking.

Yeah, Zoo is great but was just wondering if that would be less impressive in the winter? I imagine that some of the animals would be hibernating so maybe not as much to do and could be pretty cold. Certainly better than going to Brampton though.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Yeah, Zoo is great but was just wondering if that would be less impressive in the winter? I imagine that some of the animals would be hibernating so maybe not as much to do and could be pretty cold. Certainly better than going to Brampton though.
ahh right, good point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad