OT: Visiting Toronto

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I hope there’s no more recent thread, but I’m in Toronto visiting my girlfriend and I’m looking for stuff to do in the city. Obviously there’s not a whole lot open due to covid, but does anyone here have any ideas for cool places to walk around and sightsee that are open?
There is currently a stay at home order in Ontario. Where did you come to the city from?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Your best bet as far as fishing goes, smallies and large mouth. Check the regs for the lake because I doubt musky will be open until fall after they've laid their eggs and they're a pain to catch in the hotter months anyways. I'd target pike and bass tbh. Faster crankbaits and top water for bass, slower jerkbaits and spinners for pike (they're slower in warmer months). I dont fish trout or salmon often so you'd have to ask people around here or locals for info on those species.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Hey, everyone - after looking for a general travel advice thread and coming up short, I decided to just tack my request onto this one...

This guy is going to put on his most comfortable sandals and whitest socks to represent German tourism at its finest in June. After some time in NYC and Chicago, I'll head over to Toronto and then have one week to make may way to Montreal. My idea so far is:
- Toronto (two nights),​
- drive east or north/east into the countryside (two nights) and get to​
- Ottawa (1 night), then get to​
- Montreal (2 nights).​

I've read some hints on things to do in Toronto, and while I'm certainly open to more recommendations for the city, what I'm most interested in is advice on some gems to visit on my way from Toronto to Ottawa. There's obviously not much time, but I'm hoping to find some neat little towns to stay for the evening/night and/or particularly scenic waypoints, lakeside beaches, or whatever comes to mind. There's so much on the web that I'm a bit lost, so any bit of personal advice would be greatly appreciated. =)

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Hey, everyone - after looking for a general travel advice thread and coming up short, I decided to just tack my request onto this one...

This guy is going to put on his most comfortable sandals and whitest socks to represent German tourism at its finest in June. After some time in NYC and Chicago, I'll head over to Toronto and then have one week to make may way to Montreal. My idea so far is:
- Toronto (two nights),​
- Montreal (2 nights).​

I've read some hints on things to do in Toronto, and while I'm certainly open to more recommendations for the city, what I'm most interested in is advice on some gems to visit on my way from Toronto to Ottawa. There's obviously not much time, but I'm hoping to find some neat little towns to stay for the evening/night and/or particularly scenic waypoints, lakeside beaches, or whatever comes to mind. There's so much on the web that I'm a bit lost, so any bit of personal advice would be greatly appreciated. =)

@Vipers31

Enroute from Toronto to Ottawa , I would recommend Prince Edward County.

There are lots of good restaurants, vineyards and beaches in the area. The Sandbanks provincial park is where most of the beaches and sand dunes are located.

You can stay in either the town of Picton or Wellington.

Picton has a beautiful small town vibe with plenty of shops, restaurants and inns. Wellington is much smaller but quieter.

I visit Prince Edward County 3 times a year and stay at the Drake Devonshire in Wellington.

There a lot of Airbnb options in the area.

Welcome to Ontario and enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vipers31

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

- Toronto (two nights),​
- Montreal (2 nights).​

If you don’t stop here HOME | Smoke Meat Pete on the way into Montreal, your trip will be incomplete.

Reactions: Vipers31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad