Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Had a pretty awesome experience at the arena. So much hype outside of the stadium before the game, people were buzzing all game long (even after the Phaneuf GWG) and I had a great sightline despite being in a nosebleeder. Only unpleasant part of the experience was that apparently the custodians don't have mops; the spilled beer from previous nights had become glue by Game 4 and I legitimately had to put some effort to get my feet off the floor after the 1st.

Less pleasant was the ride home. I decided to not rent a car and I did most things in the city fine with just buses, but boy did OC Transport prove its unreliability at night. Apparently there are shuttles that only operate between the arena and certain spots of the cities on event nights (like Game 4), except I couldn't find one bit of information to indicate where these bus stopped, except that they were supposed to drop by stops with a 400-tag or something like that. But there was no information anywhere to tell about said stops, and OC Transport's trip planner operated as if the 400 buses didn't exist.

So I ended up going to the arena through a conventional route; that worked fine. But on my way back the bus didn't show up; it was supposed to come at 11:15 PM and I was at the stop at 10:55. At 11:45 I give up and go look for a cab, but as soon as I cross the street the ****ing bus streaks by. End result, I had to dish an extra $50 to get home. :cry:

At least it still came out way cheaper than a 2011 WCF ticket.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hi leafs fan in peace

How many tickets does one have to buy to get the group discount at the canadian tire centre? Have 4 guests atm

When I used to work in the building, it was 12 to get like... a 15% discount? Something like that. It's probably changed since then, though, that was like 5 years ago. Also, group discounts back then didn't apply to gold-level games: vs Montreal and Toronto, unless you had a really big group (ie: tour agencies renting busses, etc...). Maybe they do now, but they didn't back then.

The real discounts start at 50+ tickets... again this is 5 year old info, though. Probably best just to get in touch wth someone in the ticket dept. Doesn't cost anything to speak with a ticket agent.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Hello Sens! I was wondering if any of you guys follow the sens and were sent a presale ticket code you guys were not going to use. Can offer a Maple Leafs presale code/would consider buying your code if its not a rip off.

Cheers, best of luck this season

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I get that you are, "coming in peace" but why would a Senators fan help a Leafs fan secure tickets early?

We want more Senators fans in attendance those games as it is.

Plus you are hoping for a discount because you are going to bring 4 other Leaf fans?!?!

Wait for regular release and pay full price...and thanks for your support!

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
I'll be in Ottawa for work meetings in October and am extending my stay by a couple of days to catch the leafs game on oct 21st. It's been more than 15 years since I saw a Sens game and am curious to know which section has the best bang for buck. I cringe thinking about the cost cost of tickets these days but also don't want to bring my binoculars. Suggestions are appreciated.

Sens fan in Victoria

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'll be in Ottawa for work meetings in October and am extending my stay by a couple of days to catch the leafs game on oct 21st. It's been more than 15 years since I saw a Sens game and am curious to know which section has the best bang for buck. I cringe thinking about the cost cost of tickets these days but also don't want to bring my binoculars. Suggestions are appreciated.

Sens fan in Victoria

There's no BAD seat in the house, but for my money the 200s are your best bang-for-buck. I prefer the corners but the mids are usually great too.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Having not shopped for tickets in a generation, where/when is best to buy them? I want to buy them now if possible.

That's going to be a challenge – single-game tickets aren't on sale yet. If you want to buy directly from the team (which I recommend for a Leafs game,) you'll want to go through Ticketmaster here. For a rough timeline, tickets went on sale Sept. 9 last year.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
That's going to be a challenge – single-game tickets aren't on sale yet. If you want to buy directly from the team (which I recommend for a Leafs game,) you'll want to go through Ticketmaster here. For a rough timeline, tickets went on sale Sept. 9 last year.

Thanks! There is some US broker selling tickets called ticket experts or something but they are charging in US dollars and with a premium fee as well.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I may have to sell my tickets to the leafs game on the 21st of October.

Would rather sell them to someone who is rooting for the good guys.

I should get a confirmation in the next 48 hours.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I may have to sell my tickets to the leafs game on the 21st of October.

Would rather sell them to someone who is rooting for the good guys.

I should get a confirmation in the next 48 hours.

If you've got two, and depending on price I might be interested if you need to get rid of them.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Unless I am missing something you now cannot pick your own seat on the ticketmaster site, all I can see is Best Available within a price range.

EDIT - Using Firefox I get the option but with Chrome it disappears

Last edited:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Unless I am missing something you now cannot pick your own seat on the ticketmaster site, all I can see is Best Available within a price range.

EDIT - Using Firefox I get the option but with Chrome it disappears

I was able to choose my seats on ticketmaster for the two Leafs games this season

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
Got the following tickets available for Sens games in October. Price is per pair and includes a parking pass good for lot 5/6/9. Note that I'm only selling one pair for each game listed twice, and preference goes to selling the Row As. DM me if you're looking for any games further ahead in the season.

Saturday Oct 7 - Detroit - 319 Row A - $140
Saturday Oct 7 - Detroit - 318 Row E - $90
Tuesday Oct 17 - Vancouver - 319 Row A - $130
Tuesday Oct 17 - Vancouver - 318 Row E - $80
Thursday Oct 19 - New Jersey - 319 Row A - $120
Thursday Oct 19 - New Jersey - 318 Row E - $70
Tuesday Oct 24 - Los Angeles - 319 Row A - $120
Tuesday Oct 24 - Los Angeles - 318 Row E - $70
Monday Oct 30 - Montreal - 319 Row A - $200

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Morning Hf,

I am looking to know if anyone has any experience with using Shuttle services in Kanata or downtown, I have seen a few options but looking to see if its worth it. Looking to grad dinner and drinks and thought it was a good idea.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Morning Hf,

I am looking to know if anyone has any experience with using Shuttle services in Kanata or downtown, I have seen a few options but looking to see if its worth it. Looking to grad dinner and drinks and thought it was a good idea.
I usually use the one from Boston Pizza in Centrum when I go to games. Tickets were $4 per person and you could buy them from the front desk. The bus would leave 45 minutes before the start time so it would be 6:45 for tomorrow's game if nothing has changed. Then the bus leaves 15 minutes after the game ends, whether it be regulation, overtime, or shootout.

There was also one from the East Side Mario's/D'Arcy McGee's on Terry Fox that left an hour before game time, however I haven't used that one in a couple of years so idk if things have changed. There's also others in the area but I havent looked into them at all.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Got a pair in 318 Row E with parking for $70.

Sorry, should have updated. My son is in Ottawa for a tournament, in the end they're went with a group rate and got tickets as a team. I'm sure I got hosed on the price. Paid $70/ticket. Think it's somewhere in the 200's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->