Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
Heading out to the game Thursday from out of town. Im probably staying around the Glebe, any suggestions on the best way to get down to the arena? OTC? Shuttle from bars?

Route 402 from Billings Bridge (south of the Glebe) http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20170427&rte=402

OR

Route 403 along Albert Street (downtown - north of the Glebe) http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20170427&rte=403

Route 1 connects the Glebe with both Albert Street and Billings Bridge http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20170427&rte=1

Route 7 also follows Bank Street through the Glebe and will connect you with Albert Street (but not Billings Bridge) http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20170427&rte=7

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Figure this is the appropriate place for this: want to go to a RedBlacks game when they play my TiCats in October. I am aware that they have sold out every game in their history. So I'm wondering what is the easiest and most cost effective way of getting tickets: through the team or through the secondary market (ie:StubHub, SeatGeek ect.)?

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Figure this is the appropriate place for this: want to go to a RedBlacks game when they play my TiCats in October. I am aware that they have sold out every game in their history. So I'm wondering what is the easiest and most cost effective way of getting tickets: through the team or through the secondary market (ie:StubHub, SeatGeek ect.)?

If you head to the website when they tickets go on sale, you should have no issues getting a ticket. You could risk it and wait last minute for Stubhub or even kijiji, but since you are coming out of town, I imagine you want to secure your tickets ahead of time.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you head to the website when they tickets go on sale, you should have no issues getting a ticket. You could risk it and wait last minute for Stubhub or even kijiji, but since you are coming out of town, I imagine you want to secure your tickets ahead of time.
Thanks! Hoping either the Sens or 67's are playing either the day before or the day after so we have an excuse to stay for an extra day.

blair7

Aug 4, 2010
Looking for 3 tickets for the game tomorrow. Anyone selling? If not, what's a better option scalping or stubhub?

Thanks

Fiasco

Jul 3, 2009
I just bought tickets to game 7 (but hopeful we won't need it! :)) through Ticketmaster without realizing I could see a seating chart... went back a few minutes later and realized there are better seats available. Ticketmaster tells me they cannot exchange them per the CTC's request –*anyone know if there's a fix to this?

CTC's phone # is closed right now and their website indicates they're closed tomorrow too... Thanks.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Visiting OTT and thinking of heading to game 3 or 4, can anyone tell what the experience is like from the 300 seats at the ends? Can you see the game clearly? The players numbers?

Thanks!

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visiting OTT and thinking of heading to game 3 or 4, can anyone tell what the experience is like from the 300 seats at the ends? Can you see the game clearly? The players numbers?

Thanks!

Yeah, there's not really a bad seat at CTC. It is set up well in that regard.

I've sat pretty much everywhere in the building at some point over the years and never had a bad experience view wise.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Yeah, there's not really a bad seat at CTC. It is set up well in that regard.

I've sat pretty much everywhere in the building at some point over the years and never had a bad experience view wise.

Thanks! Its a bit easier to convince coworkers to goto a game when its only around $150 a pop rather than the $300 a pop. But those stubhub pictures don't look that great as far as actual view goes so I wanted a more user based reply.

Uhh also since I'm also visiting, is ubering / taxing a good or poor idea to take to the game? I'm currently staying in parliament hill area.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Thanks! Its a bit easier to convince coworkers to goto a game when its only around $150 a pop rather than the $300 a pop. But those stubhub pictures don't look that great as far as actual view goes so I wanted a more user based reply.

Uhh also since I'm also visiting, is ubering / taxing a good or poor idea to take to the game? I'm currently staying in parliament hill area.

Your best bet is to take the 400 series of buses. That will be by far the cheapest option. I believe it is the 403 that goes from Downtown.

I wouldn't taxi, that will cost you about 50$ each way. Probably higher after the game since they sit in the traffic for quite a bit while the meter runs.

Uber may be an option, but I figure surge pricing will most likely make it close to what the taxi will cost. I'd check it a few hours before game time for a more accurate rate.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Your best bet is to take the 400 series of buses. That will be by far the cheapest option. I believe it is the 403 that goes from Downtown.

I wouldn't taxi, that will cost you about 50$ each way. Probably higher after the game since they sit in the traffic for quite a bit while the meter runs.

Uber may be an option, but I figure surge pricing will most likely make it close to what the taxi will cost. I'd check it a few hours before game time for a more accurate rate.

Thanks! Appreciate the info! Since you're so helpful, do you also know Karlsson's regular public jogging routes and grocery stores so I can find him? :D

(jk)

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Count me in as another outsider coming to watch the Senators :D

What are some good places to eat near the arena? I want to arrive early so I don't catch too much traffic along the way.

source

Jul 13, 2008

What are some good places to eat near the arena? I want to arrive early so I don't catch too much traffic along the way.

Best to park and eat at the arena if you want to avoid the traffic situation.

You could also park in the mall on Hazeldean by Food Basics and eat at a place near there, then walk to the arena. The distance is approximately 1.5km.

Madskillz65

Nov 17, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Coming from Hamilton looking for 2 tickets to Fridays game 4. We are driving down Friday and heading back home as soon as the game is over because I work at 830 on saturday. It will all be worth it though. I've never been to a game before so I'm really hoping I can find tickets. If you have a pair, please let me know.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Coming from Hamilton looking for 2 tickets to Fridays game 4. We are driving down Friday and heading back home as soon as the game is over because I work at 830 on saturday. It will all be worth it though. I've never been to a game before so I'm really hoping I can find tickets. If you have a pair, please let me know.

You can definitely find tickets on any re-sale site like Stubhub or even Ticketmaster.

Also, do people at work know you are doing this? If not....start coughing, then progressively cough more, add some sniffles, ask people if they agree that something is going around....BAM, call in sick on Saturday.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation

Go to the Centrum. Lots of restaurants there, but arrive early as they are certain to be very busy. Then, leave your car there and UBER to the CTC. Shouldn't be much more than $5, even if it was surge pricing, it wouldn't run you more than the $20-$30 in parking.

Madskillz65

Nov 17, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Ive been waiting the last couple years for them to release new Jersey's before I buy my first one, but since I bought tickets to tonight's game, I can't in good conscience show up to the game without wearing one. Where would you guys suggest taking a look at getting one? In Hamilton you can't find a Sens jersey anywhere.

Regarding pre and post game in Ottawa. We are extremely flexible tonight cause we have a car and no hotel booked just yet. What is the best option for getting to and from the game if we don't want to drive? We'd like to have a few beers during the game, and then after hit up a great bar. I've heard all the stories of the arena being way out of the way though. How do you guys do it? Where is the place going to be popping after the game?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Regarding pre and post game in Ottawa. We are extremely flexible tonight cause we have a car and no hotel booked just yet. What is the best option for getting to and from the game if we don't want to drive? We'd like to have a few beers during the game, and then after hit up a great bar. I've heard all the stories of the arena being way out of the way though. How do you guys do it? Where is the place going to be popping after the game?

The best place to be after the game is Elgin Street downtown.

Unfortunately, unless you leave early, you are looking at anywhere from 25-60 minutes to get there.

An alternative is to go to Kanata Centrum on Terry Fox before the game where there are a number of bars and restaurants (e.g. Crazy Horse, Central Bierhaus, Jack Astors etc.) and they have shuttles to the game so you can leave your car there.

It's close enough to the rink but you don't have to park there and pay $20.

Then you can take the shuttle back and party at the bar.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Ive been waiting the last couple years for them to release new Jersey's before I buy my first one, but since I bought tickets to tonight's game, I can't in good conscience show up to the game without wearing one. Where would you guys suggest taking a look at getting one? In Hamilton you can't find a Sens jersey anywhere.

One option is the 400 series OC Transpo busses that run from downtown. I've never taken them, but many here stand by them. If you look up the OC Transpo website there should details there.

Also, some bars downtown run a shuttle. I know The Senate does. It's $10. It fills up fast though so I would check their website.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Check sports chek or Pro Hockey Life for jerseys (even in hamilton) - otherwise around the corner from CTC, both stores are in the same plaza and you'll have a better chance.

Your local PHL should have them though, they carry everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->