Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
Thanks for the help guys.

Me and a buddy are coming up and we weren't sure if we were close to a bus stop that would take us to the game. We heard there are dedicated bus lanes which make traffic a bit easier to the arena if you take the bus.

One more quick question: We have noticed that there are a few bars inside SBP (including Marshy's). My question is....would you recommend going there to one of the bars at the SBP before the game? Is it a good atmosphere? Or would you suggest staying downtown in the market area near the Novotel for a bite to eat and a few pints before the game?

Thanks again.

If you can get an early bus, do it. Personally, I would only want to take the 1 hour bus trip once.

Delat

Oct 9, 2006
Hi guys, Montreal fan here, I'm planning to be at the game on the 17th of January, is there some tickets left?
Is there an hotel that is way better than the others but not like 300$ a night?
Do you have some tips for me? (Instead of just not going:sarcasm:)

Thank you guys!

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
Hi guys, Montreal fan here, I'm planning to be at the game on the 17th of January, is there some tickets left?
Is there an hotel that is way better than the others but not like 300$ a night?
Do you have some tips for me? (Instead of just not going:sarcasm:)

Thank you guys!
Tickets for January games don't go on sale until some time in November (I'm not sure of the exact date), so you haven't missed out yet.

Colbs20

Oct 8, 2007
Labrador!
Here's A Question outta left feild for you guys

Already posted here once got another question for you guys from Ottawa, any good sports stores like with a wide selection of NHL jerseys ( other teams jerseys and vintage jerseys)

I'm a fairly big collector trying to scratch a few names off my list. would like to find a Vintage Bruins jersey (orr, shouldn't be too hard to find) a and a few penguins jerseys from way back when.

most cities have one really cool store fans rave about for stuff like that, anyone know a place.

MissBender

Feb 6, 2007
hey
section 106...what row does the seats start? is it still A even though the benches are there? thanks

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Already posted here once got another question for you guys from Ottawa, any good sports stores like with a wide selection of NHL jerseys ( other teams jerseys and vintage jerseys)

I'm a fairly big collector trying to scratch a few names off my list. would like to find a Vintage Bruins jersey (orr, shouldn't be too hard to find) a and a few penguins jerseys from way back when.

most cities have one really cool store fans rave about for stuff like that, anyone know a place.

I would give a shout to Pro Hockey Life and see if they do. I don't know if they have vintage, but they have every NHL team jersey in stock. It's the biggest hockey store in the world and close to SBP.

http://www.hockeylife.com/store.cfm?&ckey=CA&lang=eng

MissBender

Feb 6, 2007
thats ok, thanks. I did a pre-sale/promo code and ended up getting row C, I wanted to be up a bit higher but everytime I tried it kept giving me the same 2 tickets. oh well, doesnt really matter it will be fun to go either way. I just wish that capital tickets had an option to pick at least what section you wanted to sit in when doing online ordering.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
OH YOU ARE A SAINT!

It's Got both jerseys ive been searching for, wonder if they do customization tho. hmm i'll find out

thanks again:handclap:

They are clueless there when it comes to customization...I asked if they still customized the old style of Sens jersey and they looked at me as if I was talking in another language.

Clubhouse Sports (literally a 1 minute walk from Hockey Life) has the customization kits for ANY team and ANY jersey going back like 30 years or something.

Colbs20

Oct 8, 2007
Labrador!
They are clueless there when it comes to customization...I asked if they still customized the old style of Sens jersey and they looked at me as if I was talking in another language.

Clubhouse Sports (literally a 1 minute walk from Hockey Life) has the customization kits for ANY team and ANY jersey going back like 30 years or something.

they got a website, im deff gonna check out both places.
dont know how much of a warm reception im gonna get strolling in with 4 penguins jerseys on hand tho ahha

Colbs20

Oct 8, 2007
Labrador!

have any idea how much they charge for doin' that?

euphrates

Jul 7, 2007
Montreal East
my girlfriend and i are heading to ottawa tomorrow by greyhound... is the bus station far from atractions like the parliment ect.... is there alot of people on a weekday... stuff like that would help me out thanks in advance!

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
my girlfriend and i are heading to ottawa tomorrow by greyhound... is the bus station far from atractions like the parliment ect.... is there alot of people on a weekday... stuff like that would help me out thanks in advance!
The bus station is about 1.5km from Parliament, an easy 20 minute walk down Kent. You could also take a taxi but it's going to be a nice day.

There are a lot of employees around on weekdays but as far as tourists go it won't be too bad.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator

Where will you be staying?

The bus terminal isn't too far from downtown. It's about a 30-minute walk from the terminal to Parliament Hill. You can also grab a cab for relatively cheap.

At this time of year, there are a lot more tourists in town and you'll see a lot of tour buses. However, this isn't peak tourism season yet - the last week of June is when the crowds start to swell.

Masterplan*

Don't lose your head.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Coming Down To Ottawa(From Montreal)

Hey guys, I live in Montreal and I am visiting Ottawa next Friday with my girlfriend for our four year anniversary and I was just wondering what we can do.

We're coming down by train, so movement around the city will be limited as we will probably be on foot. We will mostly be staying around the Parliament area to visit it of course as well as a couple of museums in the area.

Can anyone suggest a few places we can visit that would be "cute". My girlfriend is kind of artsy fartsy and a cornball, so if you can suggest anything that would make her go "awww" and statisfy her art loving side you'd really help me score some points.

Anyway, mods please keep this open at least for a few responses.

The Chef*

Just as long as you don't plan on having a night life experience. I went to Ottawa to see a few Sens game last season and decided to stay the night for one of them. The bars close at 1am. WTF man? I LEAVE my house at 1 am to go drinking.

It wasn't even a bar, it was a resto-bar (don cherrys) AND THAT was recommended to me by some guy working at the help desk at the university of ottawa. The waitress there told me to go to Gatineau if I wanted to have a good night.

What a disaster.

PinkPanther

Apr 5, 2007
Where are you staying and what exactly do you mean by artsy fartsy and cornball?

The National Gallery is a good start. Walking and exploring the 'artsy fartsiness' of the Byward Market is a relatively safe bet as there are lots of 'artsy' 'fartsy', 'cornball' friendly type of stores!

I'm just playing on your own words but the above mentioned activities are a 'safe bet'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->