Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
This is the all-purpose thread for trips to Ottawa. Visitors can ask questions, and residents can post any and all information about hotels, bars, attractions, transportation, seating at SBP etc.

Useful links (thanks to Golden):

Links that might be of interest to visitors:

General Ottawa/Gatineau sites
City of Ottawa
Ville de Gatineau
Ottawa Tourism
NCC
Ottawa Plus
Trip Advisor Ottawa Page
Ottawa Start

Transportation
Taking Public Transportation to CTC and other Tourist Destinations / Fare rates.
Traveling from the Airport (public transpo)
Travelling from the Airport (private bus)

Accommodations
Ottawa Hotels
Trip Advisor Accommodations page
Kanata & West Ottawa Hotels

Restaurants & Bars
Ottawa Food
Ottawa Foodies
Restaurantica
Bars & Clubs

Touristy Attractions
Parliament Hill
Byward Market
National Museums & Institutions
Ottawa Festivals
Rideau Canal
Rideau Hall
Canadian Tire Centre

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Im considering relocating for work and looking at Ottawa as a potential destination. I’m originally from Montreal and have been to Ottawa a handful of times. However, I don’t know anything about actually living in Ottawa. I’m bilingual so French or English communities are fine. I’ll likely be looking for an up and coming area for young professionals. Somewhere I can easily commute to bars/restaurants/events. Are there any specific areas of the city this board would recommend?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Im considering relocating for work and looking at Ottawa as a potential destination. I’m originally from Montreal and have been to Ottawa a handful of times. However, I don’t know anything about actually living in Ottawa. I’m bilingual so French or English communities are fine. I’ll likely be looking for an up and coming area for young professionals. Somewhere I can easily commute to bars/restaurants/events. Are there any specific areas of the city this board would recommend?

30s-40s:
Westboro
Glebe
New Edinburgh
Wellington West

20s-30s:
Elgin Street
Byward Market

Reactions: Beaker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad