Visiting LA? Where to go? What to do? Ask here

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hehehe
I am not that kind of communist...I am a commie as in Commerce Degree.....so the total opposite of a communist...
I am leaning towards the PR seats...
Are there big differences between row 10 and row 1 in the PR07? There is a ticket in row 10 for 65 and row 1 is 110.
You are 9 rows closer..lol

hmmm..Is there a story to the Torrance reference? I've been traveling to the LAX area for work for the past couple of years, and have always stayed at the Torrance Marriott. So it won't be a stretch to say I do live in Torrance.
There you go. The Torrance Commie!

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Hi all, I’m travelling to LA next month and will be staying 1 week.

I would appreciate some suggestions on things to do but with a twist. The suggestion has to be something that is fairly new attraction to LA within the past 5 years. I have been to LA before but haven’t been for a while.

For example, I have been reading about the new rock of ages show on Hollywood boulevard that has been getting good reviews. I would probably check that out as I do like live music.

Thanks

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Is amtrak the best way to get back from Anaheim after a hockey game? I realize driving/uber / taxi. But I don't have a car and uber is likely pricey. Was hoping that metro train had more times

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Is amtrak the best way to get back from Anaheim after a hockey game? I realize driving/uber / taxi. But I don't have a car and uber is likely pricey. Was hoping that metro train had more times

Looks like the last direct train tonight from dtla to Anaheim leaves at 7:49pm. You may consider taking the blue line to Long Beach and taking an Uber from there to Anaheim.

Reactions: Gjwrams

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Looks like the last direct train tonight from dtla to Anaheim leaves at 7:49pm. You may consider taking the blue line to Long Beach and taking an Uber from there to Anaheim.
I thought the schedule showed the Metrolink to Anaheim today was a decent amount of times pregame.... but coming back I'll have to take the amtrak which leaves after 11pm. Or am I reading that incorrectly.

Edit: it is for the friday leafs vs ducks game

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I thought the schedule showed the Metrolink to Anaheim today was a decent amount of times pregame.... but coming back I'll have to take the amtrak which leaves after 11pm. Or am I reading that incorrectly.

Edit: it is for the friday leafs vs ducks game

My bad thought you were talking about tonight’s game

I wonder what caused this thread to go dead back in March 2020? @LT Dan the Metrolink is fine it's the Metro (MTA) light rail where you find the degenerates. That's all within LA county. Metrolink is pretty much the same as Amtrak except there is no bar car or business class. The Metrolink runs on the same track and same stations as Amtrak but stops in Oceanside where Coaster (San Diego's commuter rail) line starts. Amtrak goes form San Diego to SLO. Just posting in case somebody asks in the future.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Has anyone redeemed this Mercury Insurance free tickets offer before? I'm trying to find somewhere in the T&C where it says the two tickets will be together... getting suspicious that they won't be.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Has anyone redeemed this Mercury Insurance free tickets offer before? I'm trying to find somewhere in the T&C where it says the two tickets will be together... getting suspicious that they won't be.
They are vouchers like the Bailey Buddies ones. Sometimes they limit the games you can use them on and sometimes you can upgrade for a fee.
The seats will be together if you want them to be.

Reactions: BringTheReign

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Going to my first kings game against the oilers tomorrow and am very excited about it.

when I look at the tickets online there seem to be some good value singles in the lower bowl. Is that because they discount singles or are they maybe obstructed view? For example some under 80 bucks. Many thanks!

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Going to my first kings game against the oilers tomorrow and am very excited about it.

when I look at the tickets online there seem to be some good value singles in the lower bowl. Is that because they discount singles or are they maybe obstructed view? For example some under 80 bucks. Many thanks!
should be good seats. They are giving tickets away to this game if you have a February birthday. Just got mine today.

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010

In the 100 level there are no obstructed views for hockey besides the normal hockey obstructive views such as sitting behind the bench, penalty box, or not sitting high enough off the glass causing the glass to obstruct or distort your view of the ice.

In the 200 level/Premier level the only obstructions will be plexiglass placed near stairs or above tunnels leading in and out of the bowl.

The Kings will discount single seat tickets upto 50%. So that's why you are seeing single seat tickets in the lower bowl be relatively cheap.

Reactions: #2eddieshore

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Hey looking at the LA Tickets for a game in late March. What is section PR12? Premier Seating? What extras do you get compared to the usual seats?

Thanks

Hey looking at the LA Tickets for a game in late March. What is section PR12? Premier Seating? What extras do you get compared to the usual seats?

Thanks

The PR Level or Premier Level seats are the seats in front of the first level of suites and center ice to the corners. They are the best seats in my opinion. There's a separate entrance from the rest of the seating where the suite holders enter. There's usually no lines for the bathrooms and much shorter lines for the concessions. They also have in seat service so you can order beers and food directly to your seat. The seats are also bigger than the seats in the rest of the arena. Their face value used to be $120 but not sure what it is now. In order to buy season tickets for the PR level you have to buy them for every event at Staples in a year so a lot of people buy them for the Lakers and dump off the Kings tickets etc. That's why you find them for so cheap.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The PR Level or Premier Level seats are the seats in front of the first level of suites and center ice to the corners. They are the best seats in my opinion. There's a separate entrance from the rest of the seating where the suite holders enter. There's usually no lines for the bathrooms and much shorter lines for the concessions. They also have in seat service so you can order beers and food directly to your seat. The seats are also bigger than the seats in the rest of the arena. Their face value used to be $120 but not sure what it is now. In order to buy season tickets for the PR level you have to buy them for every event at Staples in a year so a lot of people buy them for the Lakers and dump off the Kings tickets etc. That's why you find them for so cheap.
Thanks. Will check those out. Already have tickets for the other games but will treat myself to another

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
My sister and her son (13) will be heading to LA at the very start of the season, probably for a week. It's a mother/son trip as she does with each of her kids a place of their choosing. Being an intense Doughty fan, they are for sure taking in a Kings game and would love to luck into a Rams game as well. Would welcome any other suggestions anyone may have including, but limited to: other activities, great eating spots, ticket sources. Thanks for any suggestions

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
My sister and her son (13) will be heading to LA at the very start of the season, probably for a week. It's a mother/son trip as she does with each of her kids a place of their choosing. Being an intense Doughty fan, they are for sure taking in a Kings game and would love to luck into a Rams game as well. Would welcome any other suggestions anyone may have including, but limited to: other activities, great eating spots, ticket sources. Thanks for any suggestions
LA has a million awesome restaurants. What type of food?

Tickets are tickets. There aren't any sweet local deals. Kings tickets are reasonably easy to get. Rams going to depend on the opponent

I just pulled the schedule, this is the link from ESPN for the tickets

As you can see from the prices, the Dallas gameis gonna sell out, the Carolina game should be their target.

Disneyland is INSANELY expensive. There is another amusement park between Anaheim and LA in Buena Park called Knotts Berry Farm that is much much more reasonable.

I think anyone coming to SoCal should see the beach. IMO Huntington Beach is the best beach culture, but it is closer Anaheim and is a drive, but worth it.

they will need a car. the mass transit here is a mess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad