Visiting Fans Thread

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I'll be taking the lady to St. Louis in a few weeks. We'll be staying in Lafayette Square. Does anyone have any advise on good restaurants in the area?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll be taking the lady to St. Louis in a few weeks. We'll be staying in Lafayette Square. Does anyone have any advise on good restaurants in the area?

Not sure what you transportation will be like, but if you like Italian, you must go somewhere on The Hill.

tobo

Jun 28, 2011
I'll be travelling from Europe to St. Louis in july. I'm looking forward to visiting your city, but now my question is: does the scottrade arena have a museum or anything else worth visiting? Or should I just come back during winter some day...
P.S. Anything else you recommend me to visit in St. Louis?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'll be travelling from Europe to St. Louis in july. I'm looking forward to visiting your city, but now my question is: does the scottrade arena have a museum or anything else worth visiting? Or should I just come back during winter some day...

I don't think there's any reason to go there if there isn't a game on.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012

Scott Trade Center is not worth visiting in the summer. I suggest you visit the Arch, and possibly take a tour of the Anheuser Busch Brewery. Busch Stadium if you're into baseball.

member 96824

I just moved here...live out on Skinker. Is it safe to take the metro after a game back?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I just moved here...live out on Skinker. Is it safe to take the metro after a game back?

You just moved to St. Louis?

Reminds me of Robin Hood, Men in Tights: "You changed your name to Latrine?"

Where did you come from...Gary, Indiana? Downtown Detroit?

You'll be fine on the Metro...thing is always packed, and as long as you aren't waving around a stack of hundred dollar bills, nobody will mess with you.

member 96824

Yeah ive taken the metro during the day...definitely different than the subway in Boston or NYC haha. Ive been told it can be sketchy but it doesnt really seem it to me. Just figured I would ask cause driving downtown saturday was kind of a pain in the ass

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
As always, you would just want to be aware of your surroundings.

If you're leaving on the Metro after a game you're going to have lots and lots of people getting off at your stop who attended the game etc..

It always seemed to be sketchy to me after a certain time of night and if I was going near the airport or not.

Jack Adams

Mar 20, 2010
St. Louis
Yeah ive taken the metro during the day...definitely different than the subway in Boston or NYC haha. Ive been told it can be sketchy but it doesnt really seem it to me. Just figured I would ask cause driving downtown saturday was kind of a pain in the ass

Just make sure you don't miss the last metro run of the day. I'm not sure how long the T stays open in Boston but the metro might not run as late here.

417blues

Aug 1, 2012
Springfield

The museums at Forest Park all have free admission (Art Museum, Science Center, the Zoo). STL can get pretty hot and humid during July so indoor activities are useful. AB Brewery tour was already mentioned - you should tour the Schlafly Bottleworks as well, or any of the other local craft breweries.

When I used to live in St. Louis, my ideal summer evening would be a baseball game followed by drinks and live music in the Delmar Loop.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
The museums at Forest Park all have free admission (Art Museum, Science Center, the Zoo). STL can get pretty hot and humid during July so indoor activities are useful. AB Brewery tour was already mentioned - you should tour the Schlafly Bottleworks as well, or any of the other local craft breweries.

When I used to live in St. Louis, my ideal summer evening would be a baseball game followed by drinks and live music in the Delmar Loop.

I don't know if you are a baseball fan but going to a Cardinals game and seeing the statues around Busch Stadium is really a treat, especially if you want to pay your respects to Stan.

*this was for you tobo...still getting the hang of this forums buttons

BeantownEMT

Aug 19, 2008
North of Boston
Hi guys,

My guy planned an NHL road trip for us in March and we'll be staying in St. Louis March 15-18. Going to the game vs the ducks.

Any good places for St.Patricks day? ..or recommended places to eat/go?

We're planning on the beermaster tour at Budweiser and maybe seeing the arch.

Any help would be great!

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
Hit up either Dogtown or Wash Ave for St Pattys Day, both will be big parties. More bars on Wash Ave though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->