Visiting Fans Thread

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Is it hard to get from the Renaissance Hotel on Natural Bridge Road to the Scoottrade center without a vehicle?

I would think the hotel shuttle could take you back to the airport, where you would need to get on the Metrolink and take it down to Scottrade Center.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I would think the hotel shuttle could take you back to the airport, where you would need to get on the Metrolink and take it down to Scottrade Center.

Yeah, you could do that..but frankly I wouldn't stay there. That's just my two cents. Unless your trip is in and out in one day or less and you're flying, it doesn't really offer anything.

:dunno:

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Is it hard to get from the Renaissance Hotel on Natural Bridge Road to the Scoottrade center without a vehicle?

The real pain is that it's situated on the other side of the interstate from the Metrolink..and it's not in the best neighborhood. There isn't really a whole lot going on there (that's a mild way of putting it).

I would use hotwire and just get a place downtown for under $65 bucks and then you'll have easy access to the metrolink which can get you back to the airport.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, you could do that..but frankly I wouldn't stay there. That's just my two cents. Unless your trip is in and out in one day or less and you're flying, it doesn't really offer anything.

:dunno:

We are going to a conference that is at the hotel and it's paid for by the University. AKA, we had no choice. On the bright side the entire thing is completely paid for, aside from anything we want to get that isn't food.

I think I might just try and call the hotel tomorrow and see what they have to say about getting to the arena. Tickets on Stubhub aren't very expensive at all so I definitely want to try and catch the game.

TumblingMuffin

Mar 1, 2007
Traverse City, MI
I'm probably planning a trip with a few buddies for the February game against the Bruins. Is there anything I should watch out for seating wise? Any blind spots in the arena?

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm probably planning a trip with a few buddies for the February game against the Bruins. Is there anything I should watch out for seating wise? Any blind spots in the arena?

Umm, not really. There aren't any obstructed view seats. Like most arenas, the party is upstairs.

EllsFan30

Mar 21, 2011
In Ottawa fans can go to the back parking lot after games and players stop to sign things as they're leaving, is there anything like this in St. Louis?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I'm sure this isn't the right place for this question, but it isn't far off, and the question isn't worth its own thread. So please bear with me...

I'm a Hurricanes fan, and the Hurricanes need a second-line center. I was hoping to find a depth chart on the STL site, but no joy here. Knowing little about the Blues, I could be coming out of left field, but I'm thinking that you've got yourselves a nice little stable of centers. If this is untrue, please forgive the ignorance. If it is true, would a center of potential second-line quality be there for the trading? If so, what roster need(s) do the Blue have?

These are the guys listed as Centers on the STL site (and I realize that a team site will typically list players as a Center that have never played an NHL game at Center):
Arnott
Berglund
McDonald
Grachev
Nichol
Oshie
Porter
Sobotka
Steen

How many of these guys are legitimate first- or second-line centers?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
In Ottawa fans can go to the back parking lot after games and players stop to sign things as they're leaving, is there anything like this in St. Louis?

Not that I know of. As far as I know, the players park in the parking garage underneath the levels where the fans can park. They tend to just drive off. That said, I can't say I've ever tried.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm sure this isn't the right place for this question, but it isn't far off, and the question isn't worth its own thread. So please bear with me...

I'm a Hurricanes fan, and the Hurricanes need a second-line center. I was hoping to find a depth chart on the STL site, but no joy here. Knowing little about the Blues, I could be coming out of left field, but I'm thinking that you've got yourselves a nice little stable of centers. If this is untrue, please forgive the ignorance. If it is true, would a center of potential second-line quality be there for the trading? If so, what roster need(s) do the Blue have?

These are the guys listed as Centers on the STL site (and I realize that a team site will typically list players as a Center that have never played an NHL game at Center):
Arnott
Berglund
McDonald
Grachev
Nichol
Oshie
Porter
Sobotka
Steen

How many of these guys are legitimate first- or second-line centers?

I don't know where I'd put this either, but I'll answer it here.

McDonald plays wing for us. He's very good at it. I think he'd be a little bit wasted at center, but in a theoretical trade, yes, you could use him to play center, and he would be good on the second line.

Arnott is our third line center. He's looked pretty good, but at the same time, he is a little bit older. I think you could use him on the second line, but I wouldn't recommend it. We just signed him this offseason.

Berglund is a very good second line center for us, with the potential to be a first line center. However, he's basically untouchable in a trade.

Grachev has yet to play a game for us in the regular season, but he looked very good in the preseason. He's probably going to fill a bottom 6 role as a winger, and not as a center. He could develop into a top 6 talent, but likely as a winger, and not a center. We also just traded for him this offseason.

Nichol is a 4th line center and won't be anything but that. We also just signed him this offseason.

Oshie has played center for us in the past, and could be a second line center, but he looks much better on the wing instead of center. He's a bit of a fan favorite and seems ready for a big season, so it would take an overpayment to acquire him.

Porter is doubtful as to whether or not he'll play center, but either way, it wouldn't be in a top 6 role.

Sobotka has been playing on the wing on the 4th line. He's a natural center, but he's more suited for a bottom 6 role.

Steen has been playing the wing on the 3rd line. He could however play center, but you most likely wouldn't want him as your top line center. Second line duty would be the most you could get out of him and still be successful. With Staal though, that shouldn't be an issue.

One player you didn't mention was Backes, who is a legit top 6 center. But, as newly anointed captain of the team, and recently signed long term, he's most likely untouchable.

Hope that helped.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
This thread is awesome.

How reliable is Stubhub? Have any of you ever purchased tickets online using the download/instant download method?

I have used Stubhub many times for tickets to Blues games and never had any sort of problem.

caber93

Oct 16, 2011
Good bar before game

Hey everybody,
I'm going to the Blues and Leafs game tonight and was wondering what a good place is to go to before the game for food and beers close to the arena

Thanks

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
My personal favorite is Maggie O's, ill be there tonight as well. Only a couple blocks away with pretty good food and $6 pitchers before games. There is also a couple places in Union Station such as Houlihans that have good deals. Lots of cool places in Soulard that all have shuttles to/from the game also, depends on where you are staying or coming from. Check out our Visitng Fans Thread thats stickied, there is probably some more places listed in there also.

Eradicator

Jul 11, 2005
other than the arena, where is a good place to buy Blues apparel. Specifically, something for a baby and toddler. Thanks

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
the blues shop inside the mills icezone had some cool toddler stuff last year.

Thats a good place, also there are those Fanzone stores in the malls around the area that have all sorts of St Louis sports apparel and whatnot

matcat1116

Feb 14, 2009
Can somebody tell me if section 126 row EE is club seats? I see on the map that part of the section is club seats and part is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad