Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Not exactly a visiting fan but I didn't want to clog up the GDT with this: Is there anyplace downtown to reserve a table to watch the game? Clients in from out of town and can't meet early enough to guarantee walk up success....

Alternatively, anything off the beaten path that may not be too crowded at the last minute?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm heading to a Nashville Sounds game this weekend. Any tips for parking? I've never been to the new stadium.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm heading to a Nashville Sounds game this weekend. Any tips for parking? I've never been to the new stadium.
If you want there's a cheap shuttle you can take if you park on the east side of the Nissan Stadium parking lot. They do the same for Preds games. It's actually the lot I used to park in when I worked downtown. I saw the stadium shuttles go through all the time

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If you want there's a cheap shuttle you can take if you park on the east side of the Nissan Stadium parking lot. They do the same for Preds games. It's actually the lot I used to park in when I worked downtown. I saw the stadium shuttles go through all the time
Oh, cool! I used the stadium shuttle for a Preds game once, didn't realize they had it for Sounds games. Thanks!

hockeyfan4ever

Jan 24, 2008
Hey Preds fans. I'm from Vancouver and I'm planning on coming down in December to see the Preds play the Blackhawks and Sabres. I heard that the Blackhawks game is restricted to season ticket holders. Is that true? If it's true, what are other ways I can secure a Blackhawks-Preds game. The biggest reason why I wanted to go to Nashville is to see the Preds face the Hawks and beat them.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hey Preds fans. I'm from Vancouver and I'm planning on coming down in December to see the Preds play the Blackhawks and Sabres. I heard that the Blackhawks game is restricted to season ticket holders. Is that true? If it's true, what are other ways I can secure a Blackhawks-Preds game. The biggest reason why I wanted to go to Nashville is to see the Preds face the Hawks and beat them.
Not STH's but they have been restricted to purchase by people in a specific geographic area, i.e. "local" fans. But there are ways around the rules because there are opposing fans in the arena and I don't think all of them live around here. My guess is that you could probably work out a deal via the box office if you got in touch with them now. Call my ticket rep, Rian Hooper, 615-770-2326 and see what he can do for you.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu

There's also the State lot which is free and across the street at the corner of the Sounds parking garage. The garage is $10.

State of TN | Downtown Nashville Parking

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There's also the State lot which is free and across the street at the corner of the Sounds parking garage. The garage is $10.

State of TN | Downtown Nashville Parking
Thanks for letting me know about those. Last (only) time I went I met with my friend who worked downtown and we took the free bus there and back (an adventure) from the AT&T Building. I didn't know where you'd park otherwise.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Anyone happen to know when single game tickets go on sale?
Going by my credit card charges from last year, looks like it was in late July to early August for STH's to get extras, so I'd guess it was mid to late August for singles. But I'm just guessing.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
In Milwaukee, we are having problems with these so called Bird bikes in Downtown. In Wisconsin, it is illegal to operate a motorized vehicle on a city street with out a license. You need one for a car, a motorcycle, a scooter and even a horse drawn carriage needs one. So far, no tickets have been issued.

Our local newspaper stated that this happened previously in Nashville.

Any info on what happened down there? Injunction(s)? Confiscations? Accidents? City trucks driving over them?

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't know about particular incidents but there was a cease and desist order. However, there is an ordinance up for review by the council to allow them in limited numbers that increases on a monthly basis. We'll see. I have only seen a couple personally but it was during the time before they were banned.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
In Milwaukee, we are having problems with these so called Bird bikes in Downtown. In Wisconsin, it is illegal to operate a motorized vehicle on a city street with out a license. You need one for a car, a motorcycle, a scooter and even a horse drawn carriage needs one. So far, no tickets have been issued.

Our local newspaper stated that this happened previously in Nashville.

Any info on what happened down there? Injunction(s)? Confiscations? Accidents? City trucks driving over them?

This company just shows up in a city without getting permits/permission and almost immediately causes problems by people riding them on sidewalks, leaving them where ever, no insurance, etc. Same goes with some rental regular bikes too. It's happened in dozens of cities across the country. L.A., Boston, St Paul, Indy, Louisville, San Fran....you get the picture.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This company just shows up in a city without getting permits/permission and almost immediately causes problems by people riding them on sidewalks, leaving them where ever, no insurance, etc. Same goes with some rental regular bikes too. It's happened in dozens of cities across the country. L.A., Boston, St Paul, Indy, Louisville, San Fran....you get the picture.

That is a good description of what happened in Milwaukee!

Milwaukee passed an ordinance requesting the state to change their law and make these motorized scooters legal. In the mean time, the City of Milwaukee says that they may confiscate these scooters, since they are a public hazard. Mayor Tom Barrett is supporting both positions. If you find these 2 positions confusing and seemingly in opposition to each other, then you are joining me in being puzzled. The state law supersedes local law. The Bird Bike rep claims that Federal Law applies, allowing the scooters. So far, nobody from the City of Milwaukee will speak to him. He tried to speak at a Aldermanic meeting and was basically told to sit down and shut up. They had a dozen people with pre-printed signs at the last meeting, a real motley crew.

The newspaper interviewed a 19 year old from the suburbs who said how great the scooters were, he rides them to work. Funny thing is, I heard that they were only in the City of Milwaukee. The interview was amusing because this young man had a hard time putting a coherent sentence together IMHO.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
That is a good description of what happened in Milwaukee!

Milwaukee passed an ordinance requesting the state to change their law and make these motorized scooters legal. In the mean time, the City of Milwaukee says that they may confiscate these scooters, since they are a public hazard. Mayor Tom Barrett is supporting both positions. If you find these 2 positions confusing and seemingly in opposition to each other, then you are joining me in being puzzled. The state law supersedes local law. The Bird Bike rep claims that Federal Law applies, allowing the scooters. So far, nobody from the City of Milwaukee will speak to him. He tried to speak at a Aldermanic meeting and was basically told to sit down and shut up. They had a dozen people with pre-printed signs at the last meeting, a real motley crew.

The newspaper interviewed a 19 year old from the suburbs who said how great the scooters were, he rides them to work. Funny thing is, I heard that they were only in the City of Milwaukee. The interview was amusing because this young man had a hard time putting a coherent sentence together IMHO.

No, they passed an ordinance banning the scooters but leaving open the possibility to make them legal once Bird gets all the permits/insurance/licensing with the city in order. There's nothing confusing about Barrett's position. They're illegal now and you're subject to a fine if you're caught riding one but if Bird wants to take the steps to make them legal in the city, the ban will be lifted.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
No, they passed an ordinance banning the scooters but leaving open the possibility to make them legal once Bird gets all the permits/insurance/licensing with the city in order. There's nothing confusing about Barrett's position. They're illegal now and you're subject to a fine if you're caught riding one but if Bird wants to take the steps to make them legal in the city, the ban will be lifted.

Sorry AF24, it is a State law that makes the motorized scooters illegal. The City of Milwaukee can vote all they want, but the state has to change their law.

Nobody has been fined according to MJS stories. The city may try to grab all of the Bird scooters available, since they are illegal and operate in the city.

The city bans the scooters, but the Mayor of Milwaukee says he likes them. That isn't confusing? He could have asked the Aldermen not to ban them or just to defer the vote a few months because the legislature is out until January unless the Governor calls them back into session. Now the scooters are illegal by state and city law. Is the city looking for leverage over Bird to get them to act like a business instead of a bunch of renegades?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Bird Turd Scooters dropped in two more cities the last week. No warning, no communication, 4am they just showed up.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Which two?
Newport in California, Sommerville and Cambridge, MA, St. Louis, Cincinnati. Only Cincinnati didn't ban/temporarily ban them until they got permission/permit. The list of cities grows, and I've yet to see the company contact any city first before showing up.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
They are being stupid in metro. The last article said th y are considering letting them be on both the street and sidewalks..... can you believe it.
Went downtown one day in June when they were still operating here and it was chaos..... zipping in and out among cars , sidewalks etc. very dangerous.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Bird has picked up their scooters and will work with the city of Milwaukee. This should put the issue into 2019 at the earliest.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
They are being stupid in metro. The last article said th y are considering letting them be on both the street and sidewalks..... can you believe it.
Went downtown one day in June when they were still operating here and it was chaos..... zipping in and out among cars , sidewalks etc. very dangerous.
They'll ALWAYS consider a money source.

hockeyfan4ever

Jan 24, 2008
Hi. I will be visiting Nashville to catch 4 Preds game. I will be catching the Avs, Coyotes, Blackhawks and Sabres game. Does anyone know where the visiting teams usually stay especially the Blackhawks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad