OT: Visiting Fans at WF Center

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Now that the Flyers have basically run out their home schedule against teams like the Rangers, Devils, Penguins, and alike, I just was curious on the turnout of those fans.

Of the regional/national teams (Rangers/Devils/Penguins/Bruins/Habs/Leafs/Red Wings/Hawks...Isles) which of those teams, all things equal (Saturday afternoon v Monday night) brings a significant amount of fans and in what order?

There were three Saturday games last month against the Rangers/Penguins/Bruins so I thought this would be a good chance to ask.

My guess is the Pittsburgh or New York bring the most.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Now that the Flyers have basically run out their home schedule against teams like the Rangers, Devils, Penguins, and alike, I just was curious on the turnout of those fans.

Of the regional/national teams (Rangers/Devils/Penguins/Bruins/Habs/Leafs/Red Wings/Hawks...Isles) which of those teams, all things equal (Saturday afternoon v Monday night) brings a significant amount of fans and in what order?

There were three Saturday games last month against the Rangers/Penguins/Bruins so I thought this would be a good chance to ask.

My guess is the Pittsburgh or New York bring the most.

I haven't been to a game vs. any of those teams recently, but last time I went to a Flyers-Rangers game there was a pretty high amount of NYR fans IIRC (but that was the shootout last game of the season game so there was a lot riding on it for both teams).

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
A ST holder could probably help you out a little more, but I've been to a lot of games against divisional opponents, and I've always noticed that the Rangers seem to get the best turnout at WFC. That probably has more to do with NYC being so close and the fact that they have a large fanbase, but yeah that's what I'll go with. Honestly though, the WFC never really seems to have an overwhelming amount of visiting fans.

Montreal usually brings a bunch as well, but still behind the Rangers, imo.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I'm a STH and I would say the pens fans are #1, rags #2 but not by much, and habs /devs #3.

Thanks. Were do the Bruins and Caps rank?
What split it typical for Rangers/Pens?

I'd think Leafs/Wings/Hawks would up there too.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I'm a STH and I would say the pens fans are #1, rags #2 but not by much, and habs /devs #3.

I live in DC so I only get up to a few games a year anymore (used to live in the area and go more frequently), but I would generally agree.

Having said that, I really think opposing fans are afraid of the building come playoff time. At game 3 of the 2012 Flyers-Pens series, I think I saw about 10 pens fans in the building.... total. It was ridiculous.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
Thanks. Were do the Bruins and Caps rank?
What split it typical for Rangers/Pens?

I'd think Leafs/Wings/Hawks would up there too.

I'd say the bruins would be right behind those 4 I already named along with the leafs. caps aren't represented as well as the others, probably as well as the red wings are, maybe less. that will change I bet with the wings in our conference.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Borderline embarrassing as it may be, Penguins tickets are in far higher demand than Flyers tickets, and are much more expensive. Granted, we're talking about an arena with about 1700 less seats, but it's in a market with 4 million less people. Since there's little else to do in PGH sports tix are a commodity, but to me this would give reason why some of the more centrally-located Pens fans would make the trip.

RJ8812*

Borderline embarrassing as it may be, Penguins tickets are in far higher demand than Flyers tickets, and are much more expensive. Granted, we're talking about an arena with about 1700 less seats, but it's in a market with 4 million less people. Since there's little else to do in PGH sports tix are a commodity, but to me this would give reason why some of the more centrally-located Pens fans would make the trip.

don't really understand why that would be embarrassing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad