OT: Visiting Chicago 2 - All Pizza, All the Time

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I will be having Angie’s pizza tomorrow 84th and Pulaski
Damn I miss good pizza!!

Love Angie's..known the owner Rob for a long time. He had another location right by my folks off 79th and Harlem, we used to go there to watch Hawks home games on a pull down screen when home games weren't televised. Good times. Loved that place and their pizza!

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Damn I miss good pizza!!

Love Angie's..known the owner Rob for a long time. He had another location right by my folks off 79th and Harlem, we used to go there to watch Hawks home games on a pull down screen when home games weren't televised. Good times. Loved that place and their pizza!
Grew up with Angie’s and Vito & Nicks, lived right by there. My old man still goes there for bears games. Rob is a good dude. They remodeled the place and did a great job.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Wife took me to the north side to celebrate a job promotion, went to Replay Lakeview and Lark; both were great. Replay is a fantastic bar with a great courtyard and is definitely covid safe for the most part.

Lark has great pizza and you get "duck mules" and keep the rubber duck. Lol

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The Pizza Hut of deep dish.
Kind of what I thought as it's a chain now. Here in Phoenix we already have three locations. I guess some of the family moved out here. We also had Geno's East for about a year. I thought Geno's was better than Lou's but they've already closed their one location. They had no marketing plan whatsoever. They opened after a year of talking about it then about six months later they closed.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I hate, actually hate Lou's, but recognize that most seem to love it.

Can't put my finger on it, there's just something in it that throws it into trash tier for me.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I grew up on Lou’s as our go to spot so it’s just kind of what I’m use to at this point and I still enjoy it.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I rarely if ever post in this thread because it gets so little traction. The last post often lingers for months at a time, the poster forced to sullenly endure the shame of being so uninteresting as to fail to elicit even a single reply.

That said, Lou Malnati's thin-crust is excellent.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Got a question for the group. My family will be visiting Chicago in December (I am from Illinois but live in the south now). We are staying downtown and I am going to take my son to a Blackhawks game. The only other time he got to see them play, the experience wasn’t the greatest due to the COVID restrictions at PNC arena.

So my question is what should I due to make sure he has a great experience this time? He is a huge hockey nerd so any possibility of autographs and seeing warmups would be awesome for him.

Actually any advice at all for attending a game at the United Center would be appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->