OT: Visiting Chicago 2 - All Pizza, All the Time

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
best to take chances and get tickets day of? or buy well in advance?

want to catch the oct 12th game vs the Jets

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Wierd question but where can one swim in Chicago or the burbs for free or relatively cheap on a daily basis?

Lake Michigan. Or check out your local Park District pools. Their entrance fee is usually like $5-8 for the day, or they have packages for like 10 days, 20 days, full seasons, etc. You could also join a gym with a pool and many are like $20-30 a month.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I’m going to be picking up my friend tomorrow from Chicago Union Station at 10 am. What’s the best way to get there from Crete? Should I just drive straight to the station, or is there any type of subway I could park at and take that would be cheaper or avoid traffic? Thanks for the help

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hi everyone - looking for a recommendation. I will be in Chicago this weekend. Is there a sports bar that anyone recommends in the Wrigleyville area that will have all of the NFL games on? Looking to be able to catch the Giants game.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Hi everyone - looking for a recommendation. I will be in Chicago this weekend. Is there a sports bar that anyone recommends in the Wrigleyville area that will have all of the NFL games on? Looking to be able to catch the Giants game.
There's a Giants bar called Racine Plumbing on Lincoln and Racine. It's crawling with Giants fans on Sundays and just re-opened in August under new ownership, so I'm sure it'll be a great day to catch a game there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basement Cat

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm going to be in Chicago in a couple of weeks, staying at the Park Hyatt - if I want to get from there to the UC for an evening game, what's the easiest way - cab/UBER? (I can expense it, so I just want the fastest route).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm going to be in Chicago in a couple of weeks, staying at the Park Hyatt - if I want to get from there to the UC for an evening game, what's the easiest way - cab/UBER? (I can expense it, so I just want the fastest route).

Uber as it is simple to expense it but that is the lazy business traveler in me. I typically Uber the 4-5 games I go to a year.

f*** it...take an Uber Helicopter.

Last edited:
Reactions: UsernameWasTaken

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a single ticket for the game in November vs the Lightning. Is it better to wait or get the ticket in advance?

Also any sites you would recommend? I tent to role with tickpick

Thanks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a single ticket for the game in November vs the Lightning. Is it better to wait or get the ticket in advance?

Also any sites you would recommend? I tent to role with tickpick

Thanks

Hawks don’t sell to opposing teams fan bases....oh wait that is other teams.:sarcasm:

I personally would wait unless you find a great deal.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
all man, i really had a great time with my kids and their family.

but what top it was or added to the moment was watching the movie Harriet ....... what an excellent movie and the lead actress did her own singing. this morning i youtube her singing.... really nice.

well the movie Harriet, i am going to predict multi oscars for this great movie. btw, it is based on true events / story.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I'm debating on going to the Hawks/Jerks game Tuesday night. Ideally, I'd drive with a friend up I-65 along with my brother and go back to Naptown after the game because I have the AEW Dynamite show the next day, but lodging overnight may be another outcome.

So, what's the standing room area like?

Bojack Horseman

Mar 2, 2011
Hi! Long time lurker, longer time fan. Not from the US and going to my first Hawks game on Sunday. But any good suggestions where to watch the Preds game tonight? I'm living literally across the street from the Blackhawks store on Michigan.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hi! Long time lurker, longer time fan. Not from the US and going to my first Hawks game on Sunday. But any good suggestions where to watch the Preds game tonight? I'm living literally across the street from the Blackhawks store on Michigan.
need to go and get a deep dish pizza before you leave..... great italian sausages in chi. plain and simple great food...... dang i miss chi.... not in winter thou. :biglaugh:

Bojack Horseman

Mar 2, 2011
Yeah, went to Lou Malnatis yesterday, today we need to find a new spot.

Also - I visited Chicago in July 2001 when I was 15. I have been having flashbacks of deepndish ever since. Unfortunately cannot remember where we went then, my relatives took me around town then.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Hey everyone. I’m going to be coming into town with a group of friends Friday for the game. I was just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations on places to find tickets outside of the usual (stubhub, nhl ticket exchange, seatgeek)

Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad