OT: Visiting Calgary (General City / Area Discussion)

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Random question here… Do you guys have a ticket resale thread for the flames here? I’m going to be coming down in March for the Toronto Maple Leafs game with a buddy of mine and I’ve started to look for tickets. Thanks!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Im flying in this March for the Leafs game on the 4th. I need info on a nice, affordable, hotel close to the arena. I tried the Mega Thread about tourists but it wouldn't open. Any help is appreciated.
Hey bud, might be a little late to the party, but whenever I go to Flames game I stay at the Holiday Inn on Macleod Trail South. Decent place, decent price, and the C Train is literally right behind the hotel and you're 2 stops til the Dome. It's nice to be able to plow a few beers than hop on the train back to the hotel.

Reactions: Wish You Were Here

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
Thanks for all the tips. Got lodging taken care of. Now all I need is one of those Alternate patches for my Atlanta jersey. Any suggestions? I didn't see any on the official sight.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
downtown downtown?
Or like 17th Ave downtown?

Downtown I'm sure the Unicorn will have it going in the sportsbar section.
17th Ave, Watchmen's, Donnegals, Jameson's... Roosevelt or w/e the name of that place is now.
I'm staying on 9th ave, near Calgary tower.

Unicorn is perfect. Walking distance. Thanks for the tip!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm staying on 9th ave, near Calgary tower.

Unicorn is perfect. Walking distance. Thanks for the tip!

Have fun man.
The sports bar is on the top level of the pub, it was 3 different places that melded into one.

I once spent 15 minutes looking for a date because she just said 'meet me at the unicorn'. I always associated the basement with below deck; so I felt like an absolute idiot when she just sitting in the basement :laugh:

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Have fun man.
The sports bar is on the top level of the pub, it was 3 different places that melded into one.

I once spent 15 minutes looking for a date because she just said 'meet me at the unicorn'. I always associated the basement with below deck; so I felt like an absolute idiot when she just sitting in the basement :laugh:

Did you get a notch? Can’t leave us hanging bud.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am flying in from Austria tomorrow for the Rangers game this Friday. Does anyone know where the Rangers stay after the game? Just want to know if they take the bus to the arena or maybe walk.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Been to Toronto 3 times already and I guess it's time to visit the west coast also some time. As a teacher/professor I only am able to visit late October, late December/early January or late February. And of course during the summer, but with no NHL action then, I would rather not.

Because I will only have a week in Oct and in Febr and like 12 days in Dec. and want to visit of course Calgary, but also Banff and some other beautiful places, what do you guys recommend? Take into consideration the weather, time needed to see stuff, prices etc.

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
That is a tough question Cappuccino especially if you are travelling from the Netherlands. I would would suggest an night or two in Calgary if you want to take in a Flames game and 3 or 4 days in Banff. From Calgary you could easily visit the Kananaskis region on a day trip for sight-seeing or hikes. Or you could go east to Drumheller to vist the Royal Tyrrell Museum (dinosaurs) and the Alberta Badlands.

If you stay in Banff, it still should be off-season rates (before ski season starts) and you could take in all the town has to offer including the Banff Hot Springs (geothermal heated). Maybe even a day trip to Lake Louise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad