OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Hi guys.

I’m pretty new to these boards so a big hello from Old England!

My girlfriend and I will be coming over to Boston from the 8th to the 15th February to take in the 3 games against the Kings, Avs and Hawks. It’s all a big trip she has put together for my 40th birthday, Bruins Hockey, Sam on tap and Regina Pizza, she knows me so well!

We have tickets for the Chicago game from Ticketmaster, pretty good looking seats in Loge 9, row 2.

So I’m currently looking for tickets for the two other games.

We were over in Boston a couple of years ago for the last three games of the regular season, we bought good tickets for the Caps games on Ticketmaster which cost a small fortune then managed to pick up canny tickets in the balcony for the Ottawa and TB games from the box office for I think around $70 each.

Are there normally tickets available from the box office or did I just get lucky as it was midweek games at the end of the season?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reactions: sooshii

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hi guys.

I’m pretty new to these boards so a big hello from Old England!

My girlfriend and I will be coming over to Boston from the 8th to the 15th February to take in the 3 games against the Kings, Avs and Hawks. It’s all a big trip she has put together for my 40th birthday, Bruins Hockey, Sam on tap and Regina Pizza, she knows me so well!

We have tickets for the Chicago game from Ticketmaster, pretty good looking seats in Loge 9, row 2.

So I’m currently looking for tickets for the two other games.

We were over in Boston a couple of years ago for the last three games of the regular season, we bought good tickets for the Caps games on Ticketmaster which cost a small fortune then managed to pick up canny tickets in the balcony for the Ottawa and TB games from the box office for I think around $70 each.

Are there normally tickets available from the box office or did I just get lucky as it was midweek games at the end of the season?

Thanks,

Jeff

First, welcome aboard.

For ticket questions please post them here:

OT: - Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Someone will respond with expert advise.

Reactions: Geordie Bruin

Brewin

Nov 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Gotta say - super disappointed to walk in to about 6 bars near the Garden tonight and see the KC game on just about every screen. No one willing to put it on and the one place that did have it on, not willing to put the sound on. WTF Boston? Back in my shitty AirBnB to order take out and watch the game in SD. Brutal.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Gotta say - super disappointed to walk in to about 6 bars near the Garden tonight and see the KC game on just about every screen. No one willing to put it on and the one place that did have it on, not willing to put the sound on. WTF Boston? Back in my ****ty AirBnB to order take out and watch the game in SD. Brutal.

I totally forgot the NFL game started at 4:30 :cry:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Gotta say - super disappointed to walk in to about 6 bars near the Garden tonight and see the KC game on just about every screen. No one willing to put it on and the one place that did have it on, not willing to put the sound on. WTF Boston? Back in my ****ty AirBnB to order take out and watch the game in SD. Brutal.
It's too bad the Penalty Box closed, they would have had the Bs. NFL is kind in the US though.

You would have still watched it in SD at the Penalty Box though, so at least you have food haha.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Coming in Monday for a game for the first time since they did the renovations at North Station. Is the North Station garage easier to get in and out of on game nights? or should I stick with Govt Center for parking? thx in advance!

EDIT: NVM just looked up the price difference, f that noise lol

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My son and his friend are going to Uber in for the Habs game .
My question is how long/ hard is it to get a post game Uber?

It is pure chaos when a game breaks - My trick is walking across the street and then use the name of one of the many establishments ( The Fours/Sullivans) instead of TD Garden. I have found Lyft to be better around the Garden.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It is pure chaos when a game breaks - My trick is walking across the street and then use the name of one of the many establishments ( The Fours/Sullivans) instead of TD Garden. I have found Lyft to be better around the Garden.

Thanks!

I’ll let him know.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Coming in Monday for a game for the first time since they did the renovations at North Station. Is the North Station garage easier to get in and out of on game nights? or should I stick with Govt Center for parking? thx in advance

EDIT: NVM just looked up the price difference, f that noise lol

You should consider these garages for much cheaper parking options than government center garage. All easy walks to the Garden. Evening rates begin after 5:00pm.

My favorites are 100 Cambridge Street and Nautica but all are good choices.

Center Plaza Garage
100 Cambridge Street Garage
Museum Of Science Garage

In Charlestown:
Constitution Plaza Lot
Nautica Garage

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Watching ABCNews here in Canada and the kidnapping now found gal in Boston has been repeated several times. Hennessy's can't be too happy about the publicity. Is this a popular bar scene? A nice stretch of bars along the street.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Watching ABCNews here in Canada and the kidnapping now found gal in Boston has been repeated several times. Hennessy's can't be too happy about the publicity. Is this a popular bar scene? A nice stretch of bars along the street.

Hennessy's is close to Faneuil Hall, the oldest marketplace in the US, and a huge tourist area with lots of eating/drinking establishments.

Reactions: Blowfish

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Yeah, it's right by a ton of other older historic bars, that the same group that owns Henney's owns.

It's...meh. I would only go in during bar crawls, no reason to ever go there otherwise. But in the case of the kidnapping, this had nothing to do with the bar itself.

Reactions: Blowfish

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'll be at the game next week against the Avs with the wifey....leaving on the 12th.

3rd game at the Garden.

Any places I should go to see or eat while I'm there?

Thanks!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm definitely coming to Boston next year for St Patricks Day.
St. Patrick's day in Boston is total amateur hour.

If you are coming to sightsee then that's a different story.

If you want a solid Irish meal, Doyle's in Jamaica Plain is as good as it gets. Just get off at Stonybrook T station (orange line) and walk a couple blocks and you're there.

If you go on a Sam Adams Brewery tour, you get a ticket for a free pint at Doyles.

I'm sure @Fenway has other suggestions as well.

Reactions: Ratty

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

If you want a solid Irish meal, Doyle's in Jamaica Plain is as good as it gets. Just get off at Stonybrook T station (orange line) and walk a couple blocks and you're there.

If you go on a Sam Adams Brewery tour, you get a ticket for a free pint at Doyles.

@Alicat Wouldn't Green St Station be closer?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. Likely won't be in Boston until next summer now by the looks of it as we've decided to do a family cruise. My plan is to visit family on the east coast and then travel down through Boston in mid July/Early August.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

The Burren in Davis Square as well.

No freaking TVs in the entire place, just solid music, irish food, and drinks.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yes it would.

I get the two of them confused when it comes to Doyle’s

@Alicat I still look at the Orange Line this way

1965 MBTA Orange Line Map.jpg

Last edited:

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
There's a good chance that I'll be going to the Panthers game on March 30 (1pm game). Anyone let me know if you want to meet "The Legend" (snicker) and we can try to work it out. If not, fine but your loss. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad