OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Filmmaker Sean Collins fell in love with Boston when he moved here five years ago, and since then, he’s been compiling shots all over the city, stretching from the Public Garden to the top of the Millennium Tower.

That passion can be viewed in a new video titled “I Love You Boston,” which Collins released Tuesday on Vimeo. The head of the production company Bodhi Films said he hopes it will inspire residents to “fall in love” with the city again.
“I fell in love with Boston about five years ago when I came out here,” Collins said. “And I just wanted to create a video that inspires people to see their city in a new light or to appreciate it like I do.”

The video, taken in a series of technical shots — known as drone-lapse, time-lapse, and hyper-lapse — display sprawling images of the city, including those of a packed Fenway Park and several colorful sunsets, Collins said.
Many of the featured clips were taken from “very rare vantage points,” like the roof of the John Hancock Tower and the top of Pierce Boston, Collins said, adding that the vast majority of filming required negotiations with construction companies, building managers, and the Federal Aviation Administration to get permission.

“A lot of it was choosing locations that the average person couldn’t get to,” he said. “So, I’m really trying to see things from a different perspective, especially with the drone stuff. You don’t really get that perspective in your daily life.”
Collins said the finished product is a result of months of continuous work and that he’s pleased with how his “labor of love” came out.

“Every one of those very fast shots [that may have been in the video for] one second, that was me standing on top of the building for four hours, sometimes in the freezing cold doing that shot, and then spending hours editing it to make it look as good as possible,” he said.

Watch the full video below:

This video is incredible.

Boston is an amazing city and this reaffirms it.

I’m proud to call Boston home.

Thanks for posting it Fenway!

WestCoastBruins

Jul 29, 2018
This city is absolutely incredible. Thank you all so much for your recommendations and advice. Couldn’t have asked for a better first 3 days here. First time in Fenway for game 2 and first time in TD garden last night. I hope the next 11 are just as good!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a fan bus that is making the trip to Buffalo for the Pats game Monday night? Thanks again everyone!

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Hey guys

In Boston since yesterday (well just outside) want to spend all day tomorrow in the city, any suggestions?

Figured I would see a few sights over the day.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Hey guys

In Boston since yesterday (well just outside) want to spend all day tomorrow in the city, any suggestions?

Figured I would see a few sights over the day.
Just scroll through this thread. There are lots of good ideas. It all depends on your interests; museums, concerts,
historic sights, M.I.T., Harvard, sports, etc.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Just scroll through this thread. There are lots of good ideas. It all depends on your intetests; museums, concerts,
historic sights, M.I.T., Harvard, sports, etc.

Will do!

I will take a few pics outside Fenway and TD Garden. After that is when I will have to figure things out. I will check in the thread, prob a mix of historic sights and a museum. Maybe there is a city tour lol

BTW

What a game against the Dodgers!

Reactions: Fenway

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Will do!

I will take a few pics outside Fenway and TD Garden. After that is when I will have to figure things out. I will check in the thread, prob a mix of historic sights and a museum. Maybe there is a city tour lol

BTW

What a game against the Dodgers!
If you want to take a city tour you can preview the Red Sox parade transports on a Duck Boat.

Reactions: DanM

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Visiting Boston with my wife Nov 9-12. Catching both the Leafs and Vegas game. If anyone has any interesting restaurants or cool spots besides Harvard, MIT, Fenway, Aquarium, etc maybe let me know or inbox me.

I was thinking brewery tour at Sam Adams? Mostly looking for some cool ideas for Friday evening/night then some stuff during the days on Saturday and Sunday. We're staying at the Ames Boston Hotel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Visiting Boston with my wife Nov 9-12. Catching both the Leafs and Vegas game. If anyone has any interesting restaurants or cool spots besides Harvard, MIT, Fenway, Aquarium, etc maybe let me know or inbox me.

I was thinking brewery tour at Sam Adams? Mostly looking for some cool ideas for Friday evening/night then some stuff during the days on Saturday and Sunday. We're staying at the Ames Boston Hotel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
You're in a great location, Dizzay, to see the sights of our beautiful city. If you're a history buff, right outside your hotel is the sight of the Boston Massacre, where English troops brutally murdered peaceful, unarmed citizens protesting injustice.

Within walking distance is Curley Park named after a "colorful" Boston mayor which bears his statue. It is adjacent to the Holocaust Memorial.

For entertainment on Friday night consider one of the Irish pubs, also walking distance. I recommend Mr. Dooley's (right off State St.) heading toward the waterfront.

If you're going to tour Samuel Adams, I suggest parking at Doyle's on Washington St. In Jamaica Plain. There's a shuttle bus to the brewery. It brings you back to Doyle's where you'll get a Boston history lesson just roaming around the rooms. Good comfort food, too. Might run into a politician or two.

Enjoy your stay. Let us know how it turned out.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
"peaceful, unarmed citizens protesting injustice . . . "

That's the way I learned it went down! :naughty:

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Well second trip to Boston has unfortunately come to an end. Had a really really great time even if I would rather forget the game Saturday night. Absolutely love this city, so much so that we plan to make it a regular vacation spot, so we will be back. The two Bruins games I've attended they have lost so I'm hoping it'll be third time lucky.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
You're in a great location, Dizzay, to see the sights of our beautiful city. If you're a history buff, right outside your hotel is the sight of the Boston Massacre, where English troops brutally murdered peaceful, unarmed citizens protesting injustice.

Within walking distance is Curley Park named after a "colorful" Boston mayor which bears his statue. It is adjacent to the Holocaust Memorial.

For entertainment on Friday night consider one of the Irish pubs, also walking distance. I recommend Mr. Dooley's (right off State St.) heading toward the waterfront.

If you're going to tour Samuel Adams, I suggest parking at Doyle's on Washington St. In Jamaica Plain. There's a shuttle bus to the brewery. It brings you back to Doyle's where you'll get a Boston history lesson just roaming around the rooms. Good comfort food, too. Might run into a politician or two.

Enjoy your stay. Let us know how it turned out.
Thanks so much for the advice! Really appreciate it!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
There's a Ruth's Chris a short walk away. Can't get much better than that.

There's also Mooo, about a 10 minute walk away. Can't say how good it is.

Reactions: Fenway

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Hey pals,

Crusing to Boston this Thursday till Sunday, gonna take in the B's/Leafs game, stoked to watch them play the leafs not at the ACC!

We're staying somewhere close~ish to the TD Garden, wondering if there's any cool pinball/arcade/pool halls/pubs with arcades/pool in Boston that aren't in the Cambridge area.

Also wondering where the good sports bars are for 6-8 30~ish year olds to watch the Thursday game, I remember going to one last time I was there by a really rad pizza shop, think it was called Worlds best sports bar or something like that?

Thanks!

sussexcanuck

Nov 6, 2018
Hi All,

Can you help? Flying out from the UK to see the game on Thursday night. Long distance, long suffering Canucks fan (I know!). I never get a chance to wear the jersey but not sure what kind of reception 'wearing the opposition colours' will get? I want to enjoy the game first and foremost as its a 'once every 10 years' event to see live NHL. What guidance can you give me and my friend? Attending in the lower bowl with 2 Bruins fans...thanks.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Hi All,

Can you help? Flying out from the UK to see the game on Thursday night. Long distance, long suffering Canucks fan (I know!). I never get a chance to wear the jersey but not sure what kind of reception 'wearing the opposition colours' will get? I want to enjoy the game first and foremost as its a 'once every 10 years' event to see live NHL. What guidance can you give me and my friend? Attending in the lower bowl with 2 Bruins fans...thanks.

No worries. Acting like an ass will get you far more trouble than looking like one. Act like you are a guest in someone else's house (Which you are!) and you won't have a problem, especially in the lower bowl.

Reactions: sussexcanuck

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hi All,

You'll be fine - there are usually plenty of opposing colo(u)rs, although the best showings are usually from teams a bit closer geographically...Rangers, Leafs, and Habs fans seem to travel well. But considering hockey is Canada's national religion, I'd expect a few Canucks jerseys. At worst, you'll get a friendly chirp and an "oh, he still plays for us?" when Eriksson scores an own goal.

Wearing a Canucks jersey, you might feel a bit like a blueberry in a Boston Cream pie, but...well, actually, that doesn't sound half bad, and now I'm hungry.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Hey pals,

Crusing to Boston this Thursday till Sunday, gonna take in the B's/Leafs game, stoked to watch them play the leafs not at the ACC!

We're staying somewhere close~ish to the TD Garden, wondering if there's any cool pinball/arcade/pool halls/pubs with arcades/pool in Boston that aren't in the Cambridge area.

Also wondering where the good sports bars are for 6-8 30~ish year olds to watch the Thursday game, I remember going to one last time I was there by a really rad pizza shop, think it was called Worlds best sports bar or something like that?

Thanks!

A4cade in Cambridge (I know) is a good spot for exactly what you stated above. It's worth going to Cambridge for it personally.

Roxy's A4cade - 300 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA

There's a new bar in downtown near the Omni Parker House called Versus, which seems like it just opened about a month ago. Quick glance of their instagram shows arcade machines (Galaga, PacMan), pinball, skeeball, airhockey, and table top games.

Versus - 42 Province St., Boston, MA

As for sports bars, there's plenty around. I'm assuming you're thinking of the Greatest Bar. Not a bad place, but not my favorite either. Personally I'm a fan of the Fours on Canal St, which is basically across the street from the Garden.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
So we went to Mr Dooleys tonight! Unreal time! Thanks for the suggestion! Wife got into the vodka sodas so we're back in the room early! Is Harvard worth visiting tomorrow before the game tomorrow?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Wife is out cold! Away from her 3 kids for a night and she cant last! Anyone going to the game tomorrow? Have a beer?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I'm jealous of you guys who live here! I arrived after 4 hours from maine, basically just wanted to toss keys at valet parking! Walked around for 2 hours downtown, amazing! Wife just couldnt hang with the beers! This city is amazing! Cant wait for tomorrow's game!

Reactions: sooshii and Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad