OT: Virtu Financial (Panthers owners Viola/Cifu) buy rival KCG for 1.4 billion dollars

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
And we didnt have 5 years and 25 million for CJ.

Its note worthy for sure, these guys should be pouring money into the team IMO, they got it for sure. Top 5 richest owners in the league IMO.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^This is an all Cash $1.4B Deal. The deal is financed thru a $750M private equity sale of Virtu stock and borrowing $1.65B from JP Morgan. KCG is up almost 12.7% and Virtu is up close to 8%. It's a combination synergy and consolidation/elimination of duplication that will grow Virtu profit by 25% according to Large Doug.

So bottom line this isn't about tons of cash that Viola is rolling around in, it's about leveraging value through a public offering and having the solid financials to get a loan that makes sense.

If you want to listen to Cifu discuss the deal you will get an idea of how smart the guy is and why he is likely the reason they are doing as well as they are while Vinnie dabbles in real estate purchases and horses. Gives you an idea of why Viola turned down the Sect of the Army post as turning over the running of the Cats to Cifu was just too much for him to handle.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/why-virtu-buying-rival-kcg-225817763.html

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Its note worthy for sure, these guys should be pouring money into the team IMO, they got it for sure. Top 5 richest owners in the league IMO.

CJ? I assume you are not talking about Calvin Johnson :laugh:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Better than Viner's divorce for sure :laugh:

Who do I email for just one of those millions?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Which is proof this isn't about the money. If they wanted to hire Julien, they could've and would've. But either A) they didn't want a 3rd coach in the season or B) they didn't feel he was the right fit. Or a combination of both.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Which is proof this isn't about the money. If they wanted to hire Julien, they could've and would've. But either A) they didn't want a 3rd coach in the season or B) they didn't feel he was the right fit. Or a combination of both.

or julien would rather coach in montreal than sunrise which is highly likely.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
You leave no stone unturned. They had facilitated the season being in the toilet at that point by even allowing Rowe to be near the team.

You dont make a bold move, then get scared into inaction. Unless the more disturbing idea is correct in that they felt Rowe WAS the right move...

They need to show us they learned from their mistakes with the FO structure.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
or julien would rather coach in montreal than sunrise which is highly likely.

This may be true, but I don't believe they even asked for permission on Julien in the first place.

You leave no stone unturned. They had facilitated the season being in the toilet at that point by even allowing Rowe to be near the team.

You dont make a bold move, then get scared into inaction. Unless the more disturbing idea is correct in that they felt Rowe WAS the right move...

They need to show us they learned from their mistakes with the FO structure.

The thing was they publicly stated they'd be keeping Rowe until the end of the season and they'd decide then. Stuck to their word. However, if they really really truly felt that Julien would've been the absolute perfect guy for the job, I'm sure they would've jumped at the opportunity. But ultimately they decided not to...that would've been 3 different coaches just this season which is an absolutely terrible look for a team that already hadn't looked the greatest in the eyes of the fans or media this season.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This may be true, but I don't believe they even asked for permission on Julien in the first place.

The thing was they publicly stated they'd be keeping Rowe until the end of the season and they'd decide then. Stuck to their word. However, if they really really truly felt that Julien would've been the absolute perfect guy for the job, I'm sure they would've jumped at the opportunity. But ultimately they decided not to...that would've been 3 different coaches just this season which is an absolutely terrible look for a team that already hadn't looked the greatest in the eyes of the fans or media this season.

Cop out.

You dont buck the trends and stick it in peoples faces then be afraid of how you will look on the ensueing move.

Screams, "We have no contingency plan!"

They fired GG on a whim, replaced him with a lame duck, and then just expected it to turn around by magic? Thats not a great plan. And we lost the season because of it.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I feel like if we talked and then hired CJ, then the fans and media would of liked it. Sure, some musical chairs, but even the biggest Gallant fan would say getting CJ would of been a big upgrade over Gallant.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I feel like if we talked and then hired CJ, then the fans and media would of liked it. Sure, some musical chairs, but even the biggest Gallant fan would say getting CJ would of been a big upgrade over Gallant.

Absolutely. Rowe was an interim coach and they could quickly say he was a temp and a better candidate came around.

My gut tells me though that Rowe wasn't meant to be interim.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Lol no... if someone like ch comes available u take him if possible.. not even debateable.. they obviously knew they're was no interest on his part in coming to work for vinnie considering the circus and how they handled gallant.. this is pretty obvious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad